Reviews for Into Exile
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Don't forget that Elendil is Elrond's distant nephew, a descendant of his twin brother Elros!
Torli chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
No action, nothing of interest for reader, who seeks enthrallment through action. Yet, you managed to capture the situation quite well. I like it. Just..wouldnt he realise that he is speaking with the brother of first king of Numenor? Just curious...
RagnarIsStillCrazy chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
A great story. Very well written.
ArwenMUC chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
I really like LOTR history stuff - there is so much to work with.

This is really a neat idea. I like it that your story focuses on Elendil, and this is well written :)
Caethieu chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
In this short piece you have managed to capture what must have been the extraordinary momentousness of the occasion. I do not think I have ever read a piece that deals with exactly the same subject, though I am sure they are out there. You have shown Elendil's exhaustion, grief, and wisdom, and the wisdom and power of the Elves as they seemed to Elendil; and the turning point for Elendil towards the end is a beautiful depiction of the hope that seeing Elves for the first time and the promise of help gave him.

I would welcome more-the meeting with Gil-galad, for instance, or the realization that Elrond is the brother of the first king of Numenor-but this piece is so potent as it is that it is possible adding more may not improve upon it (and that is quite a statement from one who is always hungry for more of good stories!).

Well done!

Caethieu
AliciaF chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
This sounds like it will be an interesting story. There are many stories about Numenor's downfall, but I've never seen one about the aftermath. I know that they had colonies in middle-earth at the time, but it still must have been very difficult for them, especially after what they had lost.