Reviews for Retake
Sleepy Kitty Napping chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
almost been 3 yrs now since the last story.. how the mighty have fallen...
VoideChild chapter 23 . 7/12/2004
Is this story over? It can't be! I think it ends a bit too abruptly...*sighs* sorry, I'm a big fan of this story, found it REALLY well written and funny at the same time. I HOPE you'll have a sequal to this or at least more chapters. Hope you keep on writing.
Kura-kun chapter 23 . 1/3/2003
*hides from omake*

Eh i wonder if your gonna do any sequels...
Griever chapter 23 . 11/17/2002
This was ... how do I say it ... different. Grey actually getting a break? In a mission over which he had once chosen getting inhumed by flayworms in a rather nasty manner? Well, it makes a twisted sort of sense, now that I think of it. In any case, I think this just may be the best story 'bout him yet. Have to commend you on using the BZero evolution, got a few laughs from that, even if they had been preceeded by a 'he _didn't_ ... no, waitaminute, yes he did'.

Still, one can't hope but wonder ... did he manage to pass? Probably. Still, I await any sort of sequel to this with bated breath.

On a sidenote ... what about the (chuckle) Green Lenseman? Gotta admit, that incarnation of you has at least as many possibilities for a story as Greylle does, and ... well, I'm a big fan of Locke, less so of the Green Lantern, so ... well, actually one can only ask whether you'll be going on with putting down his exploits. Some more stuff about Imperial Earth maybe? It sounds like a majorly interesting place, and I can't help but wonder how the Setsuna of that timeline is doing.

Gritty timelines, gotta love 'em ... unless you're stuck in one.

To sum up - good stuff. We of the fanboi community salute you (though it _would_ have been fun to see Grey ending up with Akane and trying to get used to her actually acting sensibly, oh well, perhaps in another fic.)

-Griever
Comic chapter 23 . 11/4/2002
Ack! It's over! (Well for now at least...That prologue was very...implicious (is that even a word? o_O)) I am glad that Uranus finally decided to join in at the end (and seeing how she was being portrayed in the media, how could she NOT?) Hehe...it's snowtime. That's a little tidbit about Venus I forgot :O The end in general reminded me of those 'coming to age' movies, where at the end it is like 'Danny grew up to be a garbageman, but nobody could blame him, he only had one arm.' or something like that. Anyways, I'm glad to see you writing again, you awesome person you. Heh...I don't even want to mention how many times I ended up twitching in happiness as I read. _
Comic chapter 22 . 11/4/2002
Aaaaaiya! You're back! And in full force! I'm sorry I hadn't checked sooner! Just finished reading all the new chapters (other than chapter 23, as I see it now o_o) and I must say it's the same good stuff that keeps me reading fanfiction. There is something about your style (and Jared's) that keeps me entertained throughout. I like the whole 'pidgin speaking' curse-of-sorts, it was evil on lesser levels, but most likely extremely annoying! Also how Ranma and the gang got tied into the whole 'serve the dragon prince' thing is awesome, I can really imagine something like that. And for once it's nice to see Ol' Grey get what he deserves (A whole lotta good stuff to happen to him) Even Akane seems to like him! (Go Figure o_O)

Hmm and on a side note, I don't know if you've been told this, you're great at making characters, and I dunno if you'd be interested in this, but there is something called a FAntasy Powers League, where you make a character, give him some powers (There's been everything from a giant dice, to a Evil Rabid Jigglypuff of Doom). If you want to check it out: fpl/ I think you might have some fun there, if you want. _ I suck at it personally, so don't think I'm dragging you there for you to look at my stuff. I honestly think you might like it.

Anyways, off to read the next chapter!
ariel stormcloud chapter 23 . 11/3/2002
great story. does the girl get the dragon? you betcha she does, anyone who disagrees bet watch out for a Silence Glaive Surprise.
Cyran chapter 23 . 11/2/2002
Love this story.

Had to read it from the start from when I stopped reading for a bit around chap 15 or so, but thats what I get. Anyway congrats on what shows to be another successful story.

Thanks, it's been a pleasure reading it.
stardrow chapter 23 . 11/1/2002
more please. this is a really good series.
Joltgeot chapter 23 . 11/1/2002
Good story. Me like. But what happen with Greylle? What about Hotaru? This isn't the end, is it?
Tangent chapter 23 . 11/1/2002
Well, Retake is over, and whether Greyelle realizes it or not, his primary mission in that timeline was pretty much a success. Meaning, however briefly, that Akane considered him to be her boyfriend, and he actually fulfilled the expectations she had for an acceptable boyfriend.

Once that had occured, staying in the relationship was moot, and actually *marrying* Akane was not in his mission perameters. So the fact that she eventually ended up in the mass relationship that accumulated arround Ranma instead of Greyelle does not detract from this in the sleightest.

Further, the hidden point *behind* the mission (which Greyelle probably didn't know about), was a huge success! Grey was finally able to enter a lasting set of relationships based on trust that did not end up with his perception that he had been rejected.

On top of that, since he is in this timeline for the duration of his current body's natural life cycle, he can grow into his role properly and finally move past some of the problems that were eating into his confidence.

And, perhaps, he can finally adjust to having a funtionally immortal existance. Granted, unless a subplot ends up with his assassination in this timeline, he'll live long enough that he might actually forget about this life being a retake test for his Labors.

Of course, I may be missinterpreting Akane's ending up with Ranma, as she could merely be an ally of his. Whith Soun remarrying and having more children, and Ranma having children of his own, the Tendo-Saotome promise can be honorably delayed for a later generation to fulfil. So Akane may still *be* with her *boyfriend*. And as she has managed to mature past, or avoid many of the personallity traits that Grey usually finda abhorent in most of the Akane's he had met or heard about, they may have actually settled down into a steady relationship of sorts.

After all, even if she was able to be reterned to *mostly* human, she should now well know why double checking her reasons and her actions is a *good* thing! Heck, she might finally learn how to cook if she can stop jumping ahead with ill-concieved assumptions, such as not needing to follow the recipies!

Which is to say that *this* Akane should know enough now to ask Fess what sort of relationship a girl could expect from a dragon of Greyelle's type. Once that happens, Akane can decide for herself whether she wants to continue to persue a relationship with a silver dragon who is likely to end up married to most of the Sailor Senshi simultaniously. With Saturn likely ending up as the Head-wife.

As Greyelle is generally more thoughtfull than Ranma, who seems to be heading for his own multiple marriage, it becomes an unwitting contest between Grey and Ranma once again. With the outcome being determined on whether Ranma is able to mature even further past some of his own quirks. Which should be possible now that Genma is in hiding from everybody.

And on that note: GO KONATSU!

_

Tangent

P.S.: I liked the Kodachi as Spider-Girl omake! Very enjoyable!
Rogue1615 chapter 23 . 11/1/2002
I'm not really sure what to say. I know i loved the series but i think it was kinda an anticlimatic ending. Oh well i liked it anyways.

I think i am just a sucker for high technology and dimension hopping.

Luck for future projects,

Rogue1615
Edvardo chapter 23 . 11/1/2002
Umm... excuse me? You're ending this story? Have you no feelings for us, the poor, innocent, non-literarily gifted ones who hang on (almost) every word from you as if it was a pronouncement from Kami-sama herself?

You will be doing another? Please? Maybe sometime soon? Like by Nov. 3rd or so maybe? (Don't want to rush you or anything...)

Whatever - Retake, for all the protestation that this was an omake that was hooked on steroids and got away from it's keepers, has been another fun and relaxing romp across the universes and another great piece of writing.

Thanks again for the great work, Gregg. Hope we will be treated to some more of your excellent writing and different humor soon.

Ed
Ryoko Inua chapter 23 . 11/1/2002
Well lloks like Retake is finished I like that Spidergirl idea would mind reading that story.