Reviews for Souled
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Ah, I loved Sam's battle with emotions in this. Very beautiful. Great job!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Really powerful fic. How heartbreaking for Sam looking after his brother, seeing Dean but no one is home beyond the human shell, and every time he looks at him, hoping for some reaction but getting nothing. And hard too for him to help Dean with the things like basic hygiene that Dean would no way let him if he was totally there. You got how it wore Sam down perfectly and so understandable him laying his head in Dean's lap and crying, tears of desperation and grief.

Awful for Sam to go to Ian's, find him dead and be confronted by the taunting demon again, knowing that his brother was not safe.

Just awesome how when the demon visited their motel room and the salt and holy water didn't keep the demon from Dean, Sam's psychic powers came into force again, protecting Dean and killing the demon!

And just perfect how when Sam came round from his injuries Dean was back to normal, taking care of him again in a way that he had so missed!

Just loved too the humour, Sam telling Dean if he needed help with showering just to let him know, and getting a typical Dean reaction in reply!

Great writing, so love how you write the boys, showing Sam as strong as Dean but in a different way, so many people don't get that in their fics and it is an essential part of the younger Winchester!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
great job on this... I can see all the emotions so clearly from both boys. I think its safe to say that you have them down to a science.
staceycj chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
I really enjoyed this story. One thing I would love to see, is a story in which Dean took actual care of Sam. He is always saving him from something or someone, but we've seen Dean in the hospital, Dean almost dead like several times, but the one time Sam is gravely injured he gets resurrected with no issue and no trip to the doctor, i really liked your story where Sam was blind just for that reason. not sure why I shared all of that...but well you asked :)
RedDragen chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
That was a wonderful start and short story.
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Awesome fic.

And I think i may take you up on that fic offer. I just can't think this early in the morning, lol.
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Great story. I need to read the first one to understand this, but I liked it. I loved how Sam didn't fall apart after Dean returned.
TraSan chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Oh wow - are YOU opening yourself up for feedback or what? (with the story idea offer) LOL

Hoo boy, I could really feel Sam's pain in this one. At every turn, something reminded him that Dean was with him, but not really. And that, would almost be worse than not having Dean there at all. It's the same loss, but with a painful reminder sitting there, staring blankly at you.

I imagine, it must be similar to how people feel when they lose someone to comas, severe brain damage, even strokes. Where the person is there, but altered, sometimes past the point of recognition. The love is just as strong, but there must be some type of mourning for the loss of the person you knew as well.

*sniff*

And Dean? Oh jeez, man I can feel his pain (the pain of embarrassment) at the end too. Although he had no memory of the events, just knowing his little brother had taken care of him, and what all he had to do to take care of him, would have been a knock on Dean's pride - especially because he's more comfortable in the skin of a caretaker, not receiver.

Wonderfully done. I loved it.
romi.luvz.jared chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
it was terrific!...sammy's every emotions were so so raw n so so real...it really touched my heart. loved it a lot...tc.

xx hugs...romi xx
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Wow, I can just imahine what it did to Sam's psyche just seeing Dean like that-so lifeless and empty. Thank goodness he was able to take out that demon with his own psychic mojo, and got his Dean back!
calcium77 chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
As usual, I loved your story! Nice Sunday morning treat. I'm off to see Batman now. 10 am showing. They are usually better behaved audiences.

thanks!

P.S. Check's in the mail. Took me until Thursday to find somewhere to mail it. Sorry...I am always in strange cities.
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
cool story. I am always a fond of protective sam...poor Sam all frantic and angry and angst.. always a fun combination to read!

Loved this line "Had been ever since he'd woken up to Dean waiting for him, in all the ways that mattered" I really enjoyed the story.
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Yay! Power!Sammy! :D I love it when they only show themselves to rescue Dean.

But god - the thought of Dean being this way really tied my stomach into knots. I wonder where his soul was while it was gone from his body... But as long as it came back *heaves relieved sigh*

Story ideas - humm... basically, if it's written by you I think I'd go for anything :) And if I had enough money I'd pay you to write a story every day. Or two. *evil laugh*

I love wee!chester stories, so if I could, I think I'd beg for something with flashbacks in it since you did so incredibly well on the one in your AVSNC tag. Protective kiddie or teenage Dean just does me in... can't help it. Could be angsty or fluffy... I recently read a story in another fandom where the little brother tries to bake a cake for the big one which ends in disaster, naturally . Despite that it managed to be rather angsty. So that's put me in the mood for something similar in the SN-world. Or just Sam trying to impress Dean somehow and messing things up in the process. Ok, ok, yes, enough with the wee!chesters. Sorry.

Something else which I think'd be cool was if you got them trapped somewhere with no way out, and they only get rescued completely by chance in the end. Yay angst :)! I could definitely think of more, but I don't want you to run away...
Harrigan chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Someday, I should probably take the time to point out several of the lines that were my favorites, and what I enjoyed the most, but honestly? There are too many in this story to count!

Believable emotions but never over-the-top ... desperation... an impossible choice ... each brother physically caring for the other and banter at the end ...

everything I read fanfic for. Thanks!
44 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3