Reviews for His Faithful Companion
Kristen257 chapter 1 . 4/15
I think this is how I'll always think of it happening in canon now. It's the perfect story for the Master and Lucy. It's well written and shows them as a good foil for the Doctor and Rose at several points but they also stand alone as their own characters too. This is going straight into my favorites.
BewareOfFlyingMonkeys chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Very well written. I enjoyed the portrayal of Lucy's character
cjsmalley chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
A lot of people compare The Master to The Doctor, and that's true enough. If The Master hadn't been driven mad he would probably have been brilliant just as the Doctor is. On the other hand, when The Doctor had had enough he does become the so called "Oncoming Storm". Terrible in his vengeance and mad in his schemes.

But, I like the fact that Lucy could be seen as a foil to Rose. Aside from the similar attributes. Lucy came from a well-off family, Rose and her Mum had to work hard. Both were whisked away from Earth and both saw the destruction of their species/home. However, Rose knew that even though the Earth was uninhabitable/dying that humans would survive in the stars. She was inspired. Lucy though, saw the absolute end of everything. No more moving planets, no more hope. She was broken, even farther than what she could already have been as this story puts forth. Lucy was timid and hesitant, softly spoken. Rose was willing to grab the hand of a strange man and follow his order of "Run!" the second she met him. She was willing to leave her home and keep on running with him, even when he changed faces without warning her. She mocked Daleks for Omega's sake. Lucy most probably wouldn't. Rose took in the Vortex. I bet you anything that Lucy wouldn't have, unless the Master asked.

They both fell in love with men so completely different from them. Impossibly old and impossibly jaded and traumatized. Two human women fell for the Last two Time-Lords. For men they could never truly understand... But I truly believe that the Doctor loved Rose...

The Master and Lucy? I didn't like how they made Lucy into a battered wife. It seemed only to protray her as a victim of the Master's schemes. Like everyone else. And I truly believe that the Master did love Lucy, even if it was very deep down. Or he would have cast her aside as soon as possible, he would have not told her his plans.

So, in conculsion; I like this story, I love this story. The characters seem to be spot on; the thought processes of The Master believable. It is romantic in a creepy, tragic sort of way as it makes you wonder the 'What if...' The Master was sane, or at least saner, and had found Lucy still...Would they have sailed amongst the stars? Helping people, saving planets, and doing an awful lot of running?

Simply, amazing.

Many hugs.
Midnight Lady chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Creepy, and beautiful.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
God, that makes everything so much more tragic. Because this is before the loss gets to him, before the silence means that the drums are all he hears.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This was beautiful! Your story (and another, but you don't care about that) made my evening, there ARE great Master/Lucy out there D your description of Lucy was beautiful, and the Master insight was very good too. I love your interpretation of the father quote, I was really puzzled about that one, but the way you used it makes lots of sense - and I love the way you depicted the trip to Utopia, and Lucy being the one to make him take the Toclafane! The whole thing was really, really good, I love it!
(I noticed that you didn't take any hints of abuse into account though, just like the other Master/Lucy I just adored. I kind of wonder if that isn't a coincidence. I mean, viewing Lucy has an abused woman makes her the Master's victim, and it's easy to simplify her character then by making her the poor, mesmerized woman in the story, instead of acknowledging that her bond with the Master was a lot bigger than that…)
MaddAlice chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Oddly enough, I loved that far more than I thought I would. :D Nicely Done.
Margaret Armstrong chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
There really is something horrifically marvelous about the relationship between the Master and Lucy Saxon. What on Earth could have seduced the IMaster/I of all people into marrying a human? It's so... completely beneath him, yet obviously it happened, and there even seemed to be true affection for his bride, who in turn seemed to possess her own softer form of madness in counterpoint to his manic dancing.

Your story here goes a long way to elucidating how those two mad, broken things crossed paths and weirdly entwined themselves without flattening either into meaninglessness. I'd love to see more- and I can't be the only one intrigued by the notion.

(Frankly, your work in general is BRILLIANT. But you likely already knew that.)
starry-eyed-ocean chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
ah, I love this so much! Even better for what she does in the end...

I really like this pairing for some twisted reason :S
nNOPE NO PE NOE P EPN OPE chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
oh my goodness.

This is absolutely, completely, without-a-doubt wonderful. You display their emotions perfectly, and it's all very believable.

I just love this so much :3
gottalovett chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
wow- another great Lucy/Master fan fic! These sorts of fan fics remind me of all the reasons why the bad guys are always more interesting
WelcomeStranger chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Well written and an interesting insight!
123-321 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
wow this is really nice!
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
This is cool and I liked you wrote the relationship between the Master and Lucy.
bobbymcfoogle chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
This is brilliantly dark and intense, and so beautifully written!