Reviews for Body and Soul
Peabodythecat chapter 34 . 12/3/2014
Love this 'verse! Now going to devour the rest of your work.
Peabodythecat chapter 28 . 12/3/2014
So, it's almost 2015. Ahem.
Sappho's Cat chapter 34 . 10/23/2012
This story has been a wonderful read!

Rusty, Saul, and Annie are so pure and so good-I really hope you have Saul come up with a plan to smite Millicent soon. She is so evil, and so persistent, and present in their everyday lives. Ah, I wish they would just move! I know that would be giving in, but I hate the way she tortures all 3 of them, especially Annie. Saul and Annie are saints.

In addition, I was glad Reuben was introduced. It's funny to see the canon characters being introduced and woven into the story. It's fun to see Rusty experiencing the things that make him the Rusty we know and love.

I hope you continue on with your story soon! It is very engaging, and you left us with such a feeling of dread...and a small feeling of hope. Thank you.
Maia2 chapter 34 . 6/15/2012
Darn. What a b... Grrr

This was pure torture. But come on, these are like the best conmen in the world. You better have them come up with a brilliant plan. Yes, I know, I know. Emotional involvement, youth, blah. Still. She *deserves* the brilliant. So... when is it?
Maia2 chapter 33 . 6/15/2012
Aww, all warm and fuzzy. Much as I like your angst, it's nice to come across a chapter like this.

As usual, you got Reuben's and Frank's voices down perfectly. I could hear their intonation and see their expressions as I read.

Many smiles at the lime green and candy pink striped pyjamas. Hee.

Thanks for sharing.
diceandpokerchips chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Very much enjoying this story, please update soon :)
otherhawk chapter 31 . 3/9/2012
You know, I am unsure why your disclaimer is in French. Was there a reason at the time, I wonder?

Sigh for the opening of this chapter. Rusty thrown straight back into his life at the streets. And the pain and the stares and the feeling of not being clean are all awful and familiar. And yes, certain amusement for the "no one was going to walk up to him and give him a shirt" is interrupted by someone giving him a shirt and free food. And amidst this, really love that it's the Hungry Groundhog, where years later Rusty will solve the problem with the ballast. Oh, is *clever*

Hate the pragmatic acceptance that the hold all is gone. Really he is losing everything he has, a little at a time. Still not happy about you taking the car away if it comes to that. No wonder he's eating like he doesn't know when he'll next see food, he has so little left right now. And yes, yes, he's not fifteen. He's seventeen, and he's still young and alone and vulnerable.

Can picture Saul sitting in that cafe, with the absolute exhaustion and the growing despair. Because yes. There really are no guarantees he'll ever find Rusty. It would be so easy for Rusty to just slip away, and Saul and Annie would never see him again, and he would never even realise that they looked for him. And so glad Carter is there to reassure and offer hope and remind Saul that his friends won't stop looking. Cos that's what they do, and it would be exactly the same the other way around.

Sigh for the bank and the obstructive. Yes, yes, is correct procedure and at least it gets Saul and Annie a clue (and am glad he did put down his real address) but it's yet another thing standing in his way. And further sigh for him walking the street, dreaming about where he really wants to be right now, and of course it's back with Saul and Annie. And he can't even let himself think the names. Everything he's given up. Oh, so *lonely*

Smiling for Rachel and Jojo. Liked Jojo in ADP and like her here, with the close to sympathetic look that's all about perception. And Rachel makes me smile. And like the fact that even when he's having such an awful time, Rusty is still charming and nice to a random stranger and her daughter.

Carter's finding the positive also makes me smile, despite my worry about what they're actually taking on here. And the list of cons does not sound at all easy.

Smiling for the loudmouth just giving Rusty money. Nice to see him have a spot of luck every now and then. And like to think that he complained to the staff about not getting his change, tried to walk out without actually paying and then got arrested. Why? Because there's never any need to insult waiters. Whether they're waiters or not. :)

The suddenness of the purse snatching, and Rusty really can't just stand by and watch that happen. And maybe the thought that the thief is like Marvin encourages him to be a little more foolhardy, but then, most of the time he doesn't need help with that. And of course, the comparison to Marvin is yet another parallel to his time on the streets. Sigh. Chapter has them threaded through brilliantly, you know.

Glad that Jo-Jo goes looking for him. Because could have ended up a whole lot worse. And have to think that a lava lamp is a very unnerving site to wake up to with a concussion. And do like him being taken care of. But argh for the no doctors. That's not a fear he'll ever truly get over, and worse when he's vulnerable. And of course, Jo-Jo thinks it's all about the money. And Rusty *knows* what doctors can cost. Sigh. And ow, ow, ow for the "He felt safe and cared for and it made him want to cry."

The meeting with unRomero that's all things threatening, and can see Saul selling the con and the harmless air. Really, do not like unRomero. But then, don't like the real thing in later chapters either. And that was brilliantly done, by the way. Never even came close to guessing.

And Artie is also brilliantly done. Though as you know, did get that one. Erm, eventually. :) And sigh for the description of Reuben taking care of his people. Yes. Yes, he would, and not at all how Rusty is thinking, but the hotel and the champagne and the silk sheets - that's all far too echoey for Rusty at the best of times at this stage in his life, let alone when he's concussed and vulnerable.

Sigh for Rusty walking out. Yes, have had a lot of sighs in this review so far, but really. That's the second time in the recent past he's walked out on people who care for him without saying goodbye because he doesn't want to put them in an awkward position. Really, think Saul does need to get out the glove puppets. And can imagine how worried Jo-Jo must have been when she found him missing.

Only good thing about being quite so abysmally behind in reviewing is that at least I know you fixed this. So I do not have to threaten you. Again.
ParisAmy chapter 34 . 1/27/2012
I enjoyed this chapter, looking forward to more :)
Berserker Nightwitch chapter 34 . 1/6/2012
That... was quite a chapter.

The Saul/Annie/Rusty evening before and morning bit was wonderfully touching, sincere, and just that slightest bit awkward that comes after a sudden, extended absense.

As for Millicent: that woman is truly off her rocker. Does she honestly believe that Rusty is Jack returned to life?

Thanks for sharing, and I'm interested in seeing where you take this next.
ParisAmy chapter 33 . 12/10/2011
I'm so glad Rusty's back at home.

Loved Frank making an appearance too!

I can't wait for more :)
Berserker Nightwitch chapter 33 . 12/9/2011
Yay! You updated! And what an update. I loved the resolution between the characters, and the connections made between each of them. Thanks for sharing this, and I look forward to your next chapter (and the next arc)!
Maia2 chapter 32 . 12/7/2011
Yes, I realize this was published a zillion months ago. Catching up and all...

Can I just say I am glad I read the last two chapters together? The past one everything was dreary and disheartening and gloomy. Specially ending with Rusty running away from Jo-Jo who was only trying to help.

You are going to give us some explanation as to how Saul got there, right? But in the meantime, this one was such a relief. Even though it started with Millicent. And had Rus scared and being propositioned and stuff. But then there was Reuben, and even though you scared me for a while (when Rusty suspected him. Nicely played with the Artie/RT thing) in the end Saul was there. Everything is better with Saul there.

Thanks for sharing,

Berserker Nightwitch chapter 32 . 10/5/2011
Wonderful story! I just finished reading it through, and - aside from a typo or unfamiliar terminology - it was amazing! I love this version of Rusty's backstory, and how he ended up meeting Rachel and Jo-Jo! Thanks for sharing this, and I look forward to seeing where you take it from here.

Is Jo-Jo's Artie really Reuben and Rusty just assumed the worst, or is it someone different?
ParisAmy chapter 32 . 9/30/2011
I'm so glad Saul has found him.

Loved the first meeting with Reuben :)

Can't wait for Rusty to be safely back home, and see Annie of course.
ParisAmy chapter 31 . 9/10/2011
I love little Rachel!

I hope Rusty finds somewhere safe for the night.