Reviews for What Tangled Webs
Guest chapter 2 . 11/24/2013
story looks to be great can't wait for the next chapter
Quercus chapter 2 . 7/26/2013
Great fun, I love how you tie in both larger mythology with the Greek pantheon and a slightly more historical perspective with Hornblower. Elizabeth's conflicted desires are also well-expressed. Thank you for writing :)
pixie chapter 2 . 4/20/2013
nooo! please finish it! and please hurry...oh and can we have a bit of steamy norribeth? i dont mean rated M sort of stuff...just a bit more romance ya know ;)
zuntiz chapter 2 . 3/28/2013
I really like this story so far, it's difficult to find longer Norribeth fics, so I hope you will update soon :)
SylviaOfNorth chapter 2 . 3/26/2013
Wonderfully different story with a complicated cast of characters you have here. Yet, despite the numbers, everybody seems to be in character and well-drawn.

I wonder how long it takes until James finds out about the marriage? And that Will, always scheming! His exchange with his father about being a god was funny. Often I find him to be annoying, but you have a way of writing him that makes him amusing without becoming a joke. I'd still occasionally like to borrow the oar from Jack, but I wouldn't use it too hard. :) Just sort of gently nudge him the out of the way of my norribeth... and I can just imagine the expression on James's face as he spied Jack. Poor guy. :D
Agent047 chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
I love that you've combined the two plots and included the Greek gods. Also I'm glad you've made the sword a bit of an icon like it was in the movies. You've got some witty lines in here, too, true to the characters, and your writing is strong too. Looking forward to part 3. :)
Agent047 chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
This is such a great story idea! I really like the post-AWE world you've created, and I think you're handling all the complicated character interactions well. And I'm so glad you've included Groves - he's one of my favorites, and I think this odd half-pirate, half-Navy, half-independent crew sort of suites him perfectly. Great start! And also - thanks for the suggestion about the movies... I don't know anything about ships or sailing really, so I feel like a moron trying to make it up as I go in my stories.
3LW00D chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
I am loving this! I've never heard of Horatio Hornblower but the way you wrote him and his friends he sounds very interesting *is off to find more of them* And having Groves and the other Navy/Marines along for the ride makes for an interesting mix of personalities- I can't wait for more.
Archivist chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
AWESOME. I love the crossover with Hornblower too.
mynameisgirl chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
oh my goodness! PLEASE UPDATE! This is a great story! It would be great if you continued it. (Of course, if your next chapter will be as long as this one, then I suppose us readers can wait a bit... but I hope not for too long!)

Great job!
Something what ever chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Really good! I hope you update soon. I honestly loved James with Elizabeth. To me Will and Elizabeth can't be together. I was hoping if they continued with teh real movie, that Elizabeth would find a way to save James. Love your story.
flyingporridge chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
This is interesting. I like your writing, and your treatment of the navy. It's great fun to see the events of the trilogy explained to characters who don't know of the events.
Lost MP chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
How did I miss this...?

Anyway, it's surprising that there aren't more POTC/Hornblower crossovers, even if the time periods are completely different. The two work very well together.

This is the continuation to AWE that needs to be made... (I wish, anyway.)

Update :( ?

Please?
I Keep Goldfish In My Bra chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Pleasepleasepleaseplease update soon! I loved it:D

Peace out,

Sharley
Flute-Angel21 chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Oh wow...

I'm loving this. I just couldn't stop reading. I can't wait to read more. Yay for Norribeth! )