Reviews for Healing What is Marred
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 12 . 6/12/2013
Please continue this or tears unnumbered ye shall shed!
Athalanta chapter 12 . 4/29/2012
Now that is how Epic Level Bard looks! (Poor thing)

It's a shame this isn't really completed.
WiseQueen chapter 12 . 10/16/2008
A great chapter - the best one in this story so far, I think.

I like the emergency call option the Valar have given them - it works well in the story, and you're not overdoing it.

And the greatest part is the end - how Findarato's nightmare is what gives Olw√ę the final conviction that these enemies must be fought, whatever the cost. I can just see him clenching his fists, "his mouth in a thin line", speaking through his teeth, finally promising his aid.

Something that adds to the interest of this story, is the feeling that we as readers know more than the characters. The Elven Kings in Valinor only know as much about Findarato's sufferings in Middle-earth as he has been able to tell them - which I don't think is very much so far.

We, on the other hand, as readers of The Silmarillion, have read the description of his adventures and his self-sacrifice - so we are in the know.
Ellynn chapter 12 . 10/13/2008
"You will get them if I have to build every last one myself, I swear it."

Wow. Wow. Wow.

This last paragraph, and especially this sentence, really "hit" me, if I can say it that way. You understand what I mean.

Good work.
Oleanne chapter 11 . 9/19/2008
Awesome to read another chapter. I was surprised by the point of view you chose. It was quite clever to read about Findarato's return from his parents point of view. Such outrageous rumors that Findarato would cause his own kidnapping! The lengths some people will go to make the world 'fit' with their views. Living in such denial of the truth.

Well done!
Ellfine chapter 11 . 9/18/2008
YAY he is back with his parents now. Their love for him and thier concern are wonderful. Olwe is a bit blind to not see what Finarfin and Ingwe saw with the blaming going on. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Henry Plantagenet chapter 11 . 9/18/2008
You've brought out beautifully the anger of Finrod's parents, the guilt of Olwe & Ingwe, and the unfairness of the taunts & accusations that had earlier been made against Finrod.

But the bit I loved most was the comparison between the father and son - "That sounds awfully familiar - I wonder where he learned that."

Great chapter! I look forward to reading more!
Henry Plantagenet chapter 10 . 9/12/2008
Poor Finrod! Glad he escaped! You wrote the kidnapping part very well, neither exaggerating nor trivialising his sufferings. Great job!
Ellfine chapter 10 . 9/9/2008
yay he escaped! too funny the worry over the frying pan. good luck with the move and the new job!
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 10 . 9/7/2008
I missed so much.

Poor Finrod. Drugs and frying pans...

I hope the move goes all right-also the new job.

~Cal
Ellynn chapter 10 . 9/7/2008
The part with the frying pen reminded me of Sam in Moria. Good mix of tension, action and humor - even though if you didn't plan the last part. :)

P.s. But you can't leave us to wait much, precious, we wants more, and we wants it soon... Moving is not as important as Middle-earth, precious, it is not.
Oleanne chapter 10 . 9/6/2008
Ouch! A frying pan! Poor Finrod! Glad that he was able to escape and is now safe. Thanks for another great chapter. I'm looking forward to more.
Henry Plantagenet chapter 5 . 9/2/2008
I like your way of handling the romance - light, subtle and humourous. I dislike treacly romances, and this approach is refreshing!
Henry Plantagenet chapter 4 . 9/2/2008
"Today is for joy" - beautifully put! I loved this chapter!
Oleanne chapter 9 . 8/25/2008
I enjoyed reading your story. The picture you paint of Finrod is quite compelling. He is still clumsy as one of the reborn, but trying to help train and educate the elves of Valinor on the situations in Middle Earth. What terrible memories such a captivity - bound and blindfolded must evoke in him. Surely, that's why he threw up there. His kidnap seems to be mobilizing the others to work together... 'Looking forward to reading more of your story!