Reviews for And Lifts The Latch
FearandLoathingXIX chapter 3 . 9/2/2010
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. I got this reccomended to me by a friend, as I don't usually read round this fandom. You really captured everything perfectly, though. Completely fantastic.
EevieRockets chapter 3 . 2/3/2010
Hey, great fic! Glad to have stumbled upon it. What's the title of the song at the end?
The Mutant Jinx chapter 3 . 10/17/2009
Bravo (brava). Excellent. A work of genius.

The Mutant Jinx chapter 2 . 10/17/2009
Strangely cute, in a way. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Or perhaps it's both. Who really knows, in a funny world like this?
The Mutant Jinx chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Excellent. Well done. I'm going to read more now.
Computerfreak101 chapter 3 . 11/12/2008
DX I really hate this new setup FFN has. I keep pressing what *used* to be the Review button and it adds it to my favorites. Done it to me three times, now.

Still, though, I really enjoyed this take on it, especially Harley as a floorcleaner. It was weird at first, since it's so different from the Mad Love origins, but the minute she said she used to be a psychiatrist and we found out she used to be behind bars, everything clicked and it was a great read. I lovedlovedloved how she figured out Batman is Brucie. She's smarter than people give her credit for - or at least has good instincts, as you described it. Great job.

Compy
Old-Wives-Tale chapter 3 . 10/24/2008
“Hang on, Mr J. Let me put my face on.”

(this sentence is near the end)

Needs a period after "Mr"

Very good. Actually made my mouth drop when she mentioned how "B" stands for Batman and Brucie.
Old-Wives-Tale chapter 2 . 10/24/2008
I like it. You somehow managed to make that little ending sound very realistic? I dunno, but it worked for me.
Old-Wives-Tale chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
I wonder why he didn't kill her? I liked it a lot.

But...

"There’s a ridiculous amount of bodily fluids that find their way to the floors, the walls, sometimes the ceilings, urine as a display of contempt for authority, blood as a display of contempt for life."

and

"She wouldn’t know, really, except she, of course, like everyone else, like the whole city, was watching."

and

"His home videos, aired on the TV."

and

"She moves faster, and escapes, shaken, and though she sleeps through the sunlight she is restless and plagued by nightmares that are also memories, And he’s waiting for her again, and takes up the conversation where they left off, as though they hadn’t stopped at all."

and

"As soon as people start expecting thing from you,"

(okay that only needs "thing" to be "things")

and

"His skin is rough with that particular roughness men get, about the chin and temples, when they work in the sun for years, and the scars cut across it without neat edges, puckered and worn."

Dude, come on. These sentences seriously need fixing. Make these images more than one sentence, instead of smushing them all together. Except for that one about the TV, that's a sentence fragment. Otherways the story was amazing, I got really into it. Once again you have demonstrated your phenomical ability to recreate the characters to do your bidding, but make it seem like their's.

My favorite line is:

"Didn’t your mother ever tell you, ‘Just say yes?’”

I LOVE how you made the Joker twist an old saying like this.
Raindog Bride chapter 3 . 9/14/2008
This is like, the best thing I have ever read, ever.

It's on. It's on like A BIG FRIGGIN' BUG ZAPPER. It's killer writing through and through, and Joker sounds exactly like himself, and Harley's likeable and amazing, and I loved every minute of it. I was absolutely floored.

I still can't get over the fact that he sounded exactly like he did in the movie. THAT IS SO COOL!
irisbleufic chapter 3 . 8/20/2008
Hey, that's fantastic :) I'd been wondering if anyone would try to set up a realistic Harley-situation involving TDK-Joker, and sure enough, this is about the best of my expectations! Well done.
highland girl 1592 chapter 3 . 8/14/2008
I wonder if this Harley has that accent? I could just hear it when she was talking to .This has been an intriguing story!I liked it.:)
highland girl 1592 chapter 2 . 8/14/2008
I kinda like this version of Harley,she is a sweet and muzzy Harley is nice too.:)
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
OH!This Joker is so creepy!Harley had a son and she killed him?Or did someone kill her son?
R. Scott chapter 3 . 8/13/2008
I LOVED that. Really great job. :o)
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »