Reviews for Too Old, Too Dangerous
Maura16 chapter 30 . 5/12/2013
This was an amazingly wonderful story. I love the comparisons between Remus/Kate and Remus/Tonks. The entire story was fantastic and I cried when Kate died. Poor Remus...
AnnieTaphouse chapter 30 . 10/28/2012
This is a truely beautiful story, it even made me cry! You're a wonderful writter! xx
xnikininja chapter 30 . 4/1/2012
This was seriously the most amazing thing I've ever read. After Kate died, I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry with Remus... Matter of fact... I DID curl up in a ball and cry... Such beautiful writing, and Kate was such a believable character. You've also linked it in so well with canon, and his reluctance to be with Tonks, and quite frankly, at the end, I just wanted Tonks to sod off! (and I usually love Tonks!)

I can't say enough how lovely this was. Just, wow.
RMoors chapter 30 . 12/21/2011
Ah, that was fantastic. Started reading it today and couldn't put it down which is frankly problematic when the house needs decorating. I loved Kate. She was a believable character who you couldn't help but love, despite her faults. I thought you wrote Remus terrifically and I found it quite a convincing explanation to his attitude to Tonks. I'd also like to congratulate you on writing Tonks. I am personally a Remus/Tonks shipper, but I can understand your dislike and I thought it was good of you to go for the canon approach regardless of how you feel about it. I know this review is a bit late really, but late's better than never. Have a brilliant Christmas, thank you for writing this :)
procrastinating-insomniac chapter 30 . 8/23/2011
OMG its brilliant but I cried so much however I loved it and Kate. Well done for not making Tonks a moony snatcher the temptation is always there :P so well written and absolutely lovely also thanks for giving moody a heart its just a shame moony didnt get his happy ending well second time lucky.

Alys x
merthyr chapter 30 . 12/22/2010

I mean, I know I should be... and I was thinking to myself, "HONEY. BE HAPPY FOR HIM. See how nice this is? See how wonderful?"

But no. I'm not.

You killed Katie. And I'm not happy with you.

(I expect you to take that as a compliment)

Anywho. I really loved this fic. I was always more of a Sirius fan, because Remus always comes out... dull. Do you know what I mean? But your Remus is... the only word I can think of is 'BAMF'.

Congratz on your bamf Remus. Again- favorite Remmy story EVER.
xForeverInspiredx chapter 4 . 7/30/2010
agree with your disclaimer
tstmtc720 chapter 30 . 7/28/2010
Amazing..,well accept til the tonks part at the end

i really can't stand her she's so fucking wrong for remus. Anyway this is probably the best story I've ever read on fanficion...tho I usually like remus and sirius as opposed to an OC
tstmtc720 chapter 23 . 7/28/2010
fluffycinnamon chapter 30 . 7/16/2010
I LOVE this story. LOVED it. Read it all in the span of about 24 hours. Started it sometime last night and just finished like three minutes ago.

Also, I share your intense dislike of Tonks with Remus. I don't have anything against her exactly. I just hate her with Remus.

There was a large part of me that really wanted Remus and Kate to be together, but I think the story means more because you managed to stay more-or-less true to Rowling's version. But I must admit that I felt a bit outraged at the end when Remus actually took Tonks to Kate's grave. It just felt wrong for Tonks to even be there.

Still, I had a lot of fun reading your story. And I hope you write more Remus X OC stories soon.
Gwen DiGiovanni chapter 30 . 1/28/2009
I cried like a baby (that's a good thing by the way). That was really wonderful.
Tink Wolfe chapter 30 . 11/19/2008
It's Tina aka Missus Moony. I changed my penname so I had the same one across all the sites (less confusing that way). My computer crashed and I was stuck without my fanfiction fix. I finally got a new hard drive and the first thing I did was finish reading this story.

I can't believe you killed her! You have no idea how hard I cried. And you paired him with Tonks at the end? Shame, shame. I still loved the story, though. I have to get to your others when I have more time. I can't believe how long I've been gone.
wrappedinharry chapter 30 . 10/25/2008
Beautiful story Julie. I really enjoyed every sentence.

I can't say the ending was happy, because it really wasn't. Remus might just as well have been buried with Kate and I feel that Tonks is silly to take him on knowing that he will never really love her...not like she loves him. If I was Tonks, I would be worried that every time my husband made love to me, he would actually be making love to a memory.

As Princess Diana said 'there were three people in this marriage. Very, very sad.

Remus was short changed and so will Tonks be.

The chapters following Kate's death were hard to read because they were so sad, but so moving. Your writing is brilliant and you have turned Remus into a real person for me. I loved his character before, but he is just so real to me now.

Thank you for the entertainment.

PS Sorry I can't be as revolted by Tonks as you are. I think, if Remus would let it happen, she would be so good for him. The same as in canon. He obviously didn't love her enough because he regretted their marriage, using the excuse of people's opinions of their union, even though she was willing to ignore public opinion, even her family because she loved her werewolf.

I'm off to bed now. 3AM.
wrappedinharry chapter 29 . 10/25/2008
Haven't ever been able to fully understand your intense hatred of Tonks, I have to admit. Is it because she is too young for him, too frivolous? Or is it that she is just not you? LOL.

You didn't have to make the ending canon. You had one OC. Why not another?

Poor Tonks. It seems a little like she is being bullied in the playground. A bit sad really. She does love Remus AND she gave him a son.

(shakes head and reminds self that Harry Potter is fictional as are all the characters in the book and in the fanfic stories.)

You did a good job of the chapter considering how much you loathe the poor woman. I do note though that you had her taking advantage of a man well into his cups. You had to turn her into a hussy, didn't you?

wrappedinharry chapter 28 . 10/25/2008
Keyboard still too blurry to type much. So, so sad. But the story has been brilliant. am but am determined to finish.