Reviews for Shear Madness
blueteacups chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I agree with you, Azula's degeneration was tragic and heartbreaking. One of the loveliest and most complex moments in the series. The bit here where Azula "takes care of" her rejected hair is so appropriate and brilliant. :(
hopeistheway chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Don't worry, your not alone. She definitely didn't deserve that, I think that Azula just needed to be told no and be lived. :( I thought this was a very sad one shot, and the last li e made my heart drop. Azula is really insane. You portrayed it well.

Hope to read more. Hopeistheway
darkgloomygirl chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
this is so sad. when azula broke down in the show i think i may have been the only one that wanted to help her.

great job, i could really picture everything
Angana Vladmir Lucine chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
I read all of the reviews before I decided to review myself, and I've got to say, I agree. It wasn't at all funny for a twelve year old to watch. It was pretty scary.

I love how you brought her mother into all of this, and I giggled a bit at the stories name. All in all, this was very impressive.

-Angana Vladmir Lucine
Eatfoodzap chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. No, I didn't laugh at Azula's breakdown, I thought it was horriblly sad, even for someone such as her. This was...haunting, and beautiful. I really do love it, you're amazing at getting into the characters' minds.
Tora II chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
There was nothing funny about Azula's breakdown. It was actually painful to watch, and I'm glad someone else saw the gravity of it. This is a wonderful peek into her mind after the series.
Shining Zephyr chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I never come into the Avatar fandom for fear of getting mauled, but I simply had to stop by and read this. Rest assured you're not the only one who did not laugh at Azula's break down. I'm quite certain it is the only part in the ENTIRE series that truly resonates for me. I've seen the majority of it, too- and my god, I have never been so affected by something like that. Your fic resonated well with her sanity being lost, too. I commend you for doing this and making me read.

AMAZING JOB.

~Shiny-sama
lughsiqargis chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Finally, a fanfic that is well-written, deep, and thought-out. You portray insanity well, and the Requiem for a Dream homage in the last sentence is well-placed, and, quite frankly, ingenious.
edised chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
i never found it funny, yes she desurved it but its not funny
Covert Weapon chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
Thankfully, according to your reviews and the number of what's being called Azula-redemption fics (I plan on writing one as soon as I get the time), there were many "Avatards" that didn't laugh when she broke. I was one of them. Actually, I didn't know how to react. I just kinda sat there for a bit, sorting through my emotions. Your story agrees with my final analysis: though there may be some who deserve madness, Azula ISN'T one of them. I think she has great capacity for emotion, and that's why she broke under the strain of all of it being released at once. And if she has the capacity for great emotion, then she has the capacity for empathy and sympathy, things that her father denied her. People with those don't deserve anything as horrible as insanity, as your fic shows. Great job.
Miss Authoress chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Don't worry, you were not the only Avatard to not laugh at Azula's breakdown.

I just could sit there and watch. She was so cool and collected and it was awful to just see her lose it like that. Azula was not my favorite character, but no one should have that happen to them. It was just awful and it's still sticking with me and I can't stop thinking about it. It was such a tragic ending to such a tragic character.

Your story capture the aftermath quite well. The truth is, I don't think Azula will ever get better, and I think she is doom to be a has-been for the rest of her life. It's her turn to be in the shadow instead of her brother. Sometimes I wonder if it would have just been better for her if she just died because when she comes to; she'll probably wish she had died.

It's a good story.
Fulcon chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
As, most likely, the only OTHER person who did not laugh during Azula's breakdown (I haven't read the reviews), I would like to thank you for writing this story.

You are 100% right, insanity is NOT something to be wished upon something else, no matter who they are. Death, in my opinion, is preferable. (Feel free to disagree.)
AkatsukiAdmireeeeer chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
I'm glad there was someone else who felt even just the slightest amount of compassion of Azula. Her whole entire downfall made me cringe and seethe. And the last scene she had was just depressing. The saddest thing was that I really can't think of any way anyone could've helped her.
BottledEcstasy chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Seriously, when I saw Azula breakdown,

i cried myself. I broke down crying,

I didn't even care that people were in the room as I

cried. I thought it was the most tragic thing ever...
Lonesome Bird chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Hey, I didn't laugh either. I thought it was really sad. Azula was always such a cool character to me, and it was depressing to see her go down the way that she did.

Great story, I can only imagine how much crazier Azula could have actually gone after the whole Agni Kai thing.

-LB