Reviews for The Mind Trap
novelreader chapter 2 . 6/24/2015
Best Yoda and Darth Vader showdown ever! Though Yoda admitting the strength of love is surprising considering what the prequels show us about Jedi beliefs on the dangers of attachment.
TeresaLynne chapter 2 . 4/24/2015
An excellent highlighting of Vader's state of mind before his meeting with Luke at Endor. I enjoyed seeing the interactions between Yoda and Vader. Many thanks for posting this! :)
Bonhamrules chapter 2 . 3/20/2015
Are u gonna continue this? It was really good
Darth Vadie chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
I should have paid attention on English class. Or made drafts... I can't seem to find an appropriate word for this...um, marveloua fic. Keep writing and may the Force be with you! :)
geekfromnextweek chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Well,that was totally awesome! Sequel! Sequel!
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
A great story. Very good.
GirlWaterShaman chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Ooh, I love psychological angst fics! :D Good job!
z3link chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
wow! You did an excellent job with this story, lol, im kinda a star wars nerd so I could see how your story could tie in with the movies. The only thing I thought was odd was that if Yoda could have sensed vader in a jedi trace, why could'nt the emperor?
DanaeMariSkywalker chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I love this, Sparty! Once again you write wonderfully. :-) I didn't know you like Star Wars. I like it too! This story is one of my favorite Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker stories I've read. You've really shown the conflict inside of him and how he gets to have more of Anakin in him than Vader. His encounter with the evil Luke was really cool. And I liked his encounters with Yoda as well. That is one wise Jedi Master.

~DanaeMariSkywalker
Magus523 chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
My knowledge of Star Wars is rusty, to say the least, so my opinion may not be worth much... but speaking from that standpoint, I liked this. Seemed like it'd make sense, and I always was a sucker for sympathetic villains. Good jaerb.
Davin Sunrider chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
An interesting look at the character of Darth Vader, and his thoughts on all that's happened to him and what he's done, with a little help from Yoda.

The basic story itself was well-written, with no grammar errors I noticed and good pacing and flow, which automatically places it in the upper percentile of stories around here.

Beyond that, there were some excellent descriptions, one of the first things I notice about a story, and the dialogue was in character, by which I mean that nothing was said that didn't seem like something the character would say.

The basic premise of the story is intriguing, and I must say you followed through on it impressively. The exchanges between Vader and Yoda were very well done, and I enjoyed their duel, also, as some good action.

The sequence in the Dark Side cave was one of the more interesting moments of the story, and I liked the parallel to the scene in 'The Empire Strikes Back', only Vader manages to pass his test. I also liked how it ties into 'Return of the Jedi', and explains a little more of Vader's struggle.

All in all, an enjoyable story and an interesting read. Great job.
Erico chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Not bad, sir. Not bad at all. Then again, anytime Yoda can show up those dingus Sith Lords and strike a blow for FREEDOM, I'm all for it.

Anakin Skywalker is still a pussy, though. p Heh. Luke forevah!

-Erico
minoki chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
hm very interesting concept. nice
FabulaEstActa chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Hmm. Not sure what to think of this one. The prose, of course, was put together nicely and the descriptions were right on target, but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what exactly occured here. It puts a whole new light on the events of RotJ. I mean, it doesn't quite fit the scene between Luke and his father, where he ultimately brings his son before the Emperor, because if he had truly been turned at that point, I don't think he would have done that... well, unless he thought it would somehow lead to the Emperor's death.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Putting aside what I just said, I did like this story. It is certainly believable, considering the conflict that rages within Vader ever since he learned of his son's existence. I liked the use of Yoda, as well as the revelations into Vader's mind and the transformation he undergoes by the end of the tale. Nicely executed.
Teresa chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Hm...an excellent look into the mindset of two facinating characters! It was interesting to see how Vader actually passed the cave's test and by doing so gained the chance to be Anakin once more. I also enjoyed seeing Yoda whomp on Vader! (snicker) He should have remembered that Yoda had quite a few years of experience on him, and has no doubt forgotten more about the Force than Anakin/Vader has yet learned. Many thanks for writing this!