Reviews for Paybacks are a Witch
DoraLupinTonks chapter 1 . 2/5
and fyi dumbledore was more successful dark lord than voldemort could have ever imagined to be. he had power, being 3 heads, he had followers (OOTP) and everyone thought anything he said came from gods mouth and he farts rainbows. seriously who thinks dumbledore was a light lord, he left a child to be abused, returned him in that abusive environment year after year, he left an innocent man in azkaban(he can vouch for Snape, but couldn't get Sirius a trial? he was chief warlock! Bellatrix lestrange got a trial! honestly!) he was worst of them all!
DoraLupinTonks chapter 1 . 2/5
I love this one. i never understood book 6.. how can someone suddenly fall in love and I was sure potions was used. ron was horrid to Hermione, why did she liked him, i would never understand. Ron and Draco was always alike, and in curaed child cannon, Draco changed, but Ron still had his bigotry. The Wesley's were prejudiced as much as the malfoys.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 11/22/2019
Too bad Ron didn't get a little of Molly's more helpful attention. Perhaps he would have turned out a better and more productive citizen, husband, and father.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 11/22/2019
Very nice. I agree with you about Ron and Draco. I've always said Ron was a red-haired Draco without the money and prestige. Weasley bigotry was on full display in year six with the way Molly and Ginny treated Fleur.

I have always believed there were various potions at play in Harry's year 6. Hermione was rather argumentative toward Harry, more so than the Prince's book warranted. The flowery smell and the chest monster Harry experiences - mainly when he actually SEES Dean with Ginny - sound very like Amortentia. I think it is possible that Hermione was also being given jealousy potions toward Ron and Lavender and loyalty potions to Dumbledore and the Weasleys.

I'm not as enamored with Dumbledore as some people are. I think his manipulations and controls on Harry's life were despicable. He surely was complicit in child abuse.
Noy chapter 2 . 7/4/2019
Frankly ? The ending is really disappointing, I don't really see why Hermione should have some kind of redemption when she clearly doesn't deserve it. When Luna explained to her what happened, all she could do was complain about her fate instead of being horrified at what happened to Harry, like any decent friend would have been. Hermione in this story is just a selfish person, all she care about is herself.
paparazzi chapter 2 . 9/26/2018
Dark fic! But cool though! Cheers!
Jonn Wolfe chapter 2 . 5/16/2018
Depressing read. Written well, though!
draco122 chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
that was a good story
draco122
GeorgeTobor chapter 2 . 8/5/2017
Either Draco or Ron would make a good husband for Jo.
All of them have the common sense of a lemming.
GeorgeTobor chapter 1 . 8/5/2017
Yes Jo Rowling is rich, so are South American Drug Lords.
When it comes to common sense or emotions Rowling seems to have none.
She was a single mother when she wrote the first book.
Love is something she does not seem to understand.
paz chapter 2 . 2/23/2017
Wonderful
Ariana Lenai chapter 2 . 12/2/2016
I particularly like this. Especially because that isn't how Ginny and Harry tell in love. I've read a different fanfic by you that had Harry x Hermione and it was the first one I liked. Now I don't particularly like that you don't ship him with Ginny and view her as a scarlet woman. I hope you widen your variety of fanfics. But other than that it was ok. If not a bit too sad.
Nightshadow913 chapter 2 . 8/4/2016
So, the first thing I'd like to say is that I love this story. It's very well-written, and one of the best bashing stories I've ever read. I really love Harry/Luna as a pairing. I've read it many times, and will continue re-read it on occasion.

I also really like that you pointed out how out of character Harry's jealousy of Dean was. I don't believe that Harry would never get jealous, but I liked the way Rowling showed it in GoF: Harry was jealous of Cedric and so was reluctant to use his hint to figure out the egg, but overall it was understated and suppressed, and it wasn't nearly strong enough to stop them becoming friends.

That said, because I've read it so many times, I've noticed several things that could be improved on (the rest of this is going to be constructive criticism, but it's long so feel free to stop reading if you're not interested).

The first point is your handling of Hermione. While I think she has hurt Harry badly enough to deserve being cursed, I don't feel that this story adequately shows that. On reading this, it feels like Hermione is being punished for being manipulated by Dumbledore and Ron. Hermione has no way of knowing how damaged Harry is from Dumbledore's manipulations, due mostly to Dumbledore isolating Harry. Harry is trapped at the Dursleys' through the worst of his guilt over Cedric and Sirius, so Hermione can't possibly be expected to know how poorly Harry reacts to having people die-she might know it hurts him, but not that he might kill himself over it. There is also no evidence in the books that Hermione is actually aware of just how bad the Dursleys abused Harry, so there's no reason for her to guess the extent of its effect on him. In the story. Luna says that Hermione was an idiot for thinking Harry didn't love her when Ron left, but the truth is that he actually didn't-he was under the influence of Ginny's love potion then! Luna also said that Hermione was a horrible person for sleeping with Ron after the final battle, but in addition to the fact that she had legitimate reasons for not knowing how much Harry would need her, she was also being manipulated by Ron, as well as almost certainly being traumatized herself.

On the other hand, if you count the Dursleys as a unit, than Hermione is the person who has done the 4th most damage to Harry's self-esteem, after Dumbledore, the aforementioned Dursleys, and Snape. Whatever people think of her study methods, no one can deny that it probably made Harry feel horrible about his own abilities in school. When Harry first finds out about Hogwarts, he is excited about learning and actually reads the textbooks before school, even naming Hedwig after someone in his history of magic textbook. However, from the moment Hermione meets him, she makes him feel inadequate. The only time Hermione is ever positive and supportive of Harry's abilities in school is when she's trying to convince him to start the DA because she's worried about her own grades. And when he finally does start to get interested in class again, when he find's the half-blood prince's potions book, she tries to make him feel horrible about using it and stop! (There may have been actual concerns about it, but nothing that couldn't be fixed by simply suggesting that Harry go to the Room of Requirement and try all new spells on practice dummies rather than actual people.) I'd much rather see Hermione being punished for that, rather than for being a victim of manipulation.

Another point is Ron. While I agree that he's just as bad as Malfoy, I don't think he's a pureblood bigot in the books. Rather, I think he views Slytherins and anyone associated with "dark" stuff the same way Malfoy views muggleborns. It would be nice to see a line or two in the story about how the curse redirected his prejudices into something more likely to get him in trouble, or alternately some evidence for his pureblood bigotry before Luna cursed him that's more than the fact that he's jealous of Harry and Hermione.

Also, Hermione's attitude toward her children is odd. In the first chapter, she feels bad that she can't give them the best of everything, but then she has no problem killing her unborn child along with herself. Maybe you could add something about how they don't really feel like HER children because they're the product of rape?

There also seems to be some slut-shaming with Ginny. Personally, I feel that her problem isn't that she slept with a lot of people, it's that she cheated on Harry and possibly others, and it would be nice to see that mentioned.

In addition, I feel that Luna should have given Ron and Hermione the same "out" she gave Ginny, so that Hermione could apologize to Harry after she realized what she'd done, then divorce Ron and move on with her life (probably after getting therapy).

I also find it interesting that Mrs. Weasley is portrayed as such a doormat. She may be a housewife, but she's also a strong woman who's clearly in charge of her family. It might be just that Luna sees her that way, but it would be nice to see Hermione say something to the effect that she'd rather be Mrs. Weasley than who she's become.

Once again, Fred and George get off scott-free, despite being the ones who gave Ron that book in the first place. Granted that Fred is dead, and that was far worse than George deserves on its own, but it would be nice to see it at least mentioned.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/21/2016
that's how harry potter should have ended
Guest chapter 2 . 6/12/2016
Fuck you birptch,Hermione is not like this