Reviews for Paybacks are a Witch
44leroylamark chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Готов подписатся под каждым А/ N.
Lionasha No Bruja chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
My god, what a hateful, spiteful story. Canon Ginny wasn't a whore, canon Luna was never a vengeful bitch, post-battle sex is actually kind of reasonable, and Hermione was taken advantage of by people she trusted. Then *Luna* tells her that a life of rape, abuse, and constant bodily strain is JUSTICE for her poor choices, and apparently is pleased when she commits suicide, orphaning ten children? Also, you having her say "Magic says it's the right thing" definitely doesn't make it so. Honestly I'm not sure exactly who is supposed to be the 'bad' person in this story. (Is this supposed to be a parody over over the top 'revenge' fics and I missed the joke?)
If this is your first attempt at angst, I hope you don't write any more.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Amazing
!11
Guest chapter 2 . 1/27/2014
Amazing
Guest chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
OMG! This story is just amazing! You really do "read between the lines!" Defintely born to be a writer!
Noble Korhedron chapter 2 . 7/22/2013
"Apparently his muggle-born cell-mate didn't like the word mud blood." OUCH! *evil grin* What'd the muggle-born get done for? Smuggling?
GBTtown chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
While not a fun read, it is what should have been the great "Epilogue" in canon.
hawkswench chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Whoa she killed herself and the baby. Another shameful title for Ron? The boy who ran away and The boy who's wife chooses death to him?
Osmodious chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Excellent...living well is the best revenge, as they say. Plus, Harry & Luna is just plain awesome!
Covante chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Dumbledore also didn't let Harry into Hogsmeade in 3rd year, that put Ron and Hermione together without him as well. You really think anyone would have accepted the permission slip signed by Sirius? So either Dumbledore doesn't have to show them to anyone else and he could have just let him go or Dumbledore got one signed by someone who could, whether it was talking to the Dursleys or signing it himself or whatever. If you want to think that Dumbledore just didn't want Harry in Hogsmeade because of Sirius being on the loose and after him then remember that Dumbledore knows Harry has the cloak and a propensity for sneaking about.

The prefect thing always confused me. Ron is obviously going to be an awful prefect, if you aren't going to give it to Harry for a legitimate reason then Ron isn't the 2nd choice. Honestly Neville would probably be the best fit for it. He's the most responsible one in their year and has proven that he's willing to stand up and tell his classmates no.

As for Luna having Christian beliefs about death well obviously, she is a character in a book that is about Harry Potter who is the most blatant representation of Jesus in literature since Aslan she's not going to be a Hindu.

You did warn about bashing so I can't complain but I really don't see Hermione jumping straight into bed with Ron, and definitely not without some sort of preventive measures. Also hard to believe she'd suicide out until her kids were able to take care of themselves and absurd to think she'd do it while pregnant. If Ron tried to trap her with some law into a marriage she didn't want and she couldn't find a loophole around it she'd say, "Bugger this" and go live as an Australian or a muggle or both. I guess it could have been Luna's 'curse' holding her there but if she can look out and she that her life isn't what she wants before Luna tells her about it then that seems unlikely.
Runecutter chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
Hmmm yeah that's a little tiny bit better, still a bitter pill to swallow but at least a bit more sugary than without the explanations... And it could not happen to a nicer bunch. Only thing still missing is the conclusion WHO gave whom the blasted love potion

Hehe after the Ginny scene i now see and hear Ginny constantly saying "Harry Potter Sir is a great wizard! The best wizard of them all" like a house elf :D Fangirls amongst thems(elves) :D
Runecutter chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Oh yeah, that sounds about true for Ron, Ginny, Hermione... Even Harry and maybe Luna too. There is no logic in Hermione chosing Ron as it's only Rowling's self insert that HAD to get the boy-who-won (at least she's rumoured to have called Hermione the self she hated being seen as and Ginny as the persona she'd have liked to be when in school... the cool, athletic and beloved by all girl in stead of the bookworm with slight socializing problems...) and logic or writing be damned! Also the Malfoy comparison for Ron is hitting very close to the mark, with the one difference that Ron hasn't got a Daddy complex like the ponce... all their other personality traits seem to be similar including delusions of entitlement just for being pureblood/wizardborn... Sadly i could see the lousy weiner to forbid her from trying to gain back her parents, after all she's got enough family now that she's a Weasley, hasn't she? And all proper wizards not such nasty muggles like her own kin...

And i too agree with your thought that Harry could end up near suicidal in such a situation losing both Ginny and Hermione thus seeing no perspective for his future and no reason to carry on. His grieving mechanisms after Sirius died were suboptimal at best...

So... one of the best stories of all times? Probably. At least i like it to pieces. The only thing i'm not really perfectly okay with is that Hermione would go into suicide while still pregnant and only caused by one simple talk... that's a bit off for her personality i think, even when she chose poorly she'd try to suffer the punishment like she made others suffer or ignored when they were in pain... and THEN when it became unbearable, when the last child was out of an age where it would need a mum at home... then all bets would be off. But not so fast, not so easy, not as a direct answer to meeting Luna eye-to-eye.
But hey, what is a single line at the end to a whole story so full of truth and honesty?
Wildstar93 chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
I don't really like how Ron gets bashed a lot, but I've read stories that do, including this one. So I say this: it's interesting to see the bashing side and see the bashers' side of the story. And as for this review I put up...this is more of an evaluation type thingy (sorry 'bout that).

Well...keep up the good work.
Midnight Angels chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This one was very depressing in a lot of ways...you have a uniquely cynical view of the Wizarding World that (though it is similar to some other portrayals) has a sad sense of inevitability about it.
Ibskib chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
In the first chapter I couldn't really see why the curse was much of a punishment to Ron, and I still can't. It seems more like a double whammy to hurt Hermione, but at least he got his just deserts in the end.
102 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »