Reviews for Paybacks are a Witch
Noble Korhedron chapter 2 . 7/22/2013
"Apparently his muggle-born cell-mate didn't like the word mud blood." OUCH! *evil grin* What'd the muggle-born get done for? Smuggling?
GBTtown chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
While not a fun read, it is what should have been the great "Epilogue" in canon.
hawkswench chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Whoa she killed herself and the baby. Another shameful title for Ron? The boy who ran away and The boy who's wife chooses death to him?
Osmodious chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Excellent...living well is the best revenge, as they say. Plus, Harry & Luna is just plain awesome!
Covante chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Dumbledore also didn't let Harry into Hogsmeade in 3rd year, that put Ron and Hermione together without him as well. You really think anyone would have accepted the permission slip signed by Sirius? So either Dumbledore doesn't have to show them to anyone else and he could have just let him go or Dumbledore got one signed by someone who could, whether it was talking to the Dursleys or signing it himself or whatever. If you want to think that Dumbledore just didn't want Harry in Hogsmeade because of Sirius being on the loose and after him then remember that Dumbledore knows Harry has the cloak and a propensity for sneaking about.

The prefect thing always confused me. Ron is obviously going to be an awful prefect, if you aren't going to give it to Harry for a legitimate reason then Ron isn't the 2nd choice. Honestly Neville would probably be the best fit for it. He's the most responsible one in their year and has proven that he's willing to stand up and tell his classmates no.

As for Luna having Christian beliefs about death well obviously, she is a character in a book that is about Harry Potter who is the most blatant representation of Jesus in literature since Aslan she's not going to be a Hindu.

You did warn about bashing so I can't complain but I really don't see Hermione jumping straight into bed with Ron, and definitely not without some sort of preventive measures. Also hard to believe she'd suicide out until her kids were able to take care of themselves and absurd to think she'd do it while pregnant. If Ron tried to trap her with some law into a marriage she didn't want and she couldn't find a loophole around it she'd say, "Bugger this" and go live as an Australian or a muggle or both. I guess it could have been Luna's 'curse' holding her there but if she can look out and she that her life isn't what she wants before Luna tells her about it then that seems unlikely.
Runecutter chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
Hmmm yeah that's a little tiny bit better, still a bitter pill to swallow but at least a bit more sugary than without the explanations... And it could not happen to a nicer bunch. Only thing still missing is the conclusion WHO gave whom the blasted love potion

Hehe after the Ginny scene i now see and hear Ginny constantly saying "Harry Potter Sir is a great wizard! The best wizard of them all" like a house elf :D Fangirls amongst thems(elves) :D
Runecutter chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Oh yeah, that sounds about true for Ron, Ginny, Hermione... Even Harry and maybe Luna too. There is no logic in Hermione chosing Ron as it's only Rowling's self insert that HAD to get the boy-who-won (at least she's rumoured to have called Hermione the self she hated being seen as and Ginny as the persona she'd have liked to be when in school... the cool, athletic and beloved by all girl in stead of the bookworm with slight socializing problems...) and logic or writing be damned! Also the Malfoy comparison for Ron is hitting very close to the mark, with the one difference that Ron hasn't got a Daddy complex like the ponce... all their other personality traits seem to be similar including delusions of entitlement just for being pureblood/wizardborn... Sadly i could see the lousy weiner to forbid her from trying to gain back her parents, after all she's got enough family now that she's a Weasley, hasn't she? And all proper wizards not such nasty muggles like her own kin...

And i too agree with your thought that Harry could end up near suicidal in such a situation losing both Ginny and Hermione thus seeing no perspective for his future and no reason to carry on. His grieving mechanisms after Sirius died were suboptimal at best...

So... one of the best stories of all times? Probably. At least i like it to pieces. The only thing i'm not really perfectly okay with is that Hermione would go into suicide while still pregnant and only caused by one simple talk... that's a bit off for her personality i think, even when she chose poorly she'd try to suffer the punishment like she made others suffer or ignored when they were in pain... and THEN when it became unbearable, when the last child was out of an age where it would need a mum at home... then all bets would be off. But not so fast, not so easy, not as a direct answer to meeting Luna eye-to-eye.
But hey, what is a single line at the end to a whole story so full of truth and honesty?
Wildstar93 chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
I don't really like how Ron gets bashed a lot, but I've read stories that do, including this one. So I say this: it's interesting to see the bashing side and see the bashers' side of the story. And as for this review I put up...this is more of an evaluation type thingy (sorry 'bout that).

Well...keep up the good work.
Midnight Angels chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This one was very depressing in a lot of ways...you have a uniquely cynical view of the Wizarding World that (though it is similar to some other portrayals) has a sad sense of inevitability about it.
Ibskib chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
In the first chapter I couldn't really see why the curse was much of a punishment to Ron, and I still can't. It seems more like a double whammy to hurt Hermione, but at least he got his just deserts in the end.
jules14 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
What can I say? This is awful. It's barely even a story, and the characters are so out of character they might as well be original.

Comparing Ron to Malfoy? Ron exhibiting pureblood prejudice? You have got to be kidding. Did you somehow miss the part of "Chamber of Secrets" where RON ATTACKED MALFOY FOR CALLING HERMIONE A MUDBLOOD? Ron may be an immature jerk sometimes, but he genuinely loves Hermione and would never insult her over her blood.

If Ron was really such a bastard, why didn't Hermione try to divorce him? Or why didn't she go back to her parents? Or why didn't she try to fight against her fate? Do you really think canon!Hermione is such a doormat that she'd lie down and accept being abused? Because if you do, I really have to wonder what versions of the books you read.

"Harry blamed himself about Cedric and Sirius. He would have major survivor's guilt over all the deaths. I know how that feels personally. I lost two friends in a car crash that I walked away from. "

Has it ever occurred to you that Rowling just didn't SHOW Harry's survivor's guilt? Or that maybe other people react differently to their friends' deaths than you? Or that-God forbid-he was TIRED AND HUNGRY after defeating Voldemort? Or that-shocker!-he was RELIEVED that Voldemort was dead, despite the deaths of his friends?

"Harry doesn't get jealous. He wouldn't show jealousy at the Dursley's because they would punish him."

But he STILL was jealous of Dudley; just because he couldn't show jealousy doesn't mean he couldn't feel it! Or do you think that when people don't show their emotions, those emotions don't exist? Seriously; do you have any idea how human emotions work?

"I always believed Dumbledore separated Harry and Hermione."

Yeah, it's not like Harry and Hermione hung out together over the summer at the Weasley's and at Hogwarts...oh, wait...

My feeling? I think you're just another Harry/Hermione fanbrat butthurt because Rowling didn't write your OTP. Which would be all right, if you didn't write this whiny, character-raping mess.
nightwolf23 chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
OK, I know that I am flaming but I don't care. When people write bashing stories, they think that they are justifying their hate of a character, but in actuality they are only writing about an OC character that only has the perceived or exaggerated flaws of the original character and then spend the entire fic tearing down that character to justify their hate of the original character. The story is no longer a story but a long winded rant against people you hate in cannon. You want me to believe that the Character deserves the hatred that you place on him, then write him as the author intended, with all his good points, his bad points, his quirks and flaws, without exaggerating anything. Then justify the hatred in story.
He Who Tells the Truth chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I honestly can't tell if this is supposed to be a parody or not.
Frohtastic chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
I just have to say this, " Holy crap "

i mean, authors like you are the reason that was made!

bravo, bravo indeed :)
Slytherin66 chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
A good but sad Chapter but I am glad there were more details.

Hermione would only be happy when dead if she became a Weasley.

I very much liked Ron's fate without Harry and Hermione there to help him he would have died sooner or later due to his temper and mouth. If the public ever found out about Ron running away during the Horcrux hunt he would have been punished or killed JK should have had that happen a good twist and a lesson in loyalty.

Ginny was the perfect Weasley selfish and full of pride and a true pure blood, love is nothing wealth, power and short term peasure were everything she would have made a good Death Eater.

I am very pleased that Harry and Luna are happy and the Hallows were too powerful and important to be thrown away.
97 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »