Reviews for Paybacks are a Witch
Lientjuhh chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
good story... I like it... Well done... :)
bertovia chapter 2 . 12/4/2008
Normally I am a die hard Harmonian, so this story made me a little sad, but I still enjoyed the idea of Karmic justice you employed. I also like how you made Harry more realistic by having him suffering from emotional crisis at the end of the war. Too many stories turn Harry into some sort of Superman, and lets face it, he's went through a lot for someone his age, he should be a little messed up. Keep up the good work.
noylj chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
You captured a lot of my feelings. There is no way that the Herms of books 1-5 was the Herms of book 6. There was no way the Ron, who ran, would be the one any version of Herms would love.

There was no way the Ginny who just let Harry walk away, because he needed/wanted to fight, would be the one to capture Harry's heart. Their was no way that a year of Ron as prefect would keep Herm's heart. There was no way, with Molly confessing to the use of love potions and all the love potions running around in book 6 and everyone but Harry being almost completely OOC, that Harry wasn't a victim of love potion. I can believe that during the camping trip from hell that Herms would not at least fall into lust for Harry and would still want Ron. There was no way that any two individuals as evil, ego-centric, and selfish and Albus and Snape would be seen by Harry as being good enough to name a child after. The man who guided his life of hell to ensure that Harry would see his life as worthless compared to others and would willingly die for anyone and the man who "loved" his mother so much that he wanted the two people she most loved in the world to be killed so he could have is sex slave. Harry-weak-and-useless ends up with Ginny and a life of quiet desperation while Malfoy gets to enjoy his version of the good life. What a completely rotten book.
angel15623 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
good one
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 2 . 9/24/2008
Satisfying story.

Thank you.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
The bashing is great and the story is mostly good.

Of course, trashing the the end of HP7 is like criticizing politicians: Neither a difficult nor undeserving target. ;-)

Luna's curses neatly sidestep the objection about Hermione weakly accepting "pure blood law".

Luna is still OOC, however, but in a nice way.
madbrad chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
A bit over-the-top but you made some good points. Like Harry's having a major case of the guilts/depression after the final battle. And his not knowing what love, or comfort, was really like, so (a) misinterpreted his lust for Ginny, and (b) didn't know how to act with Hermione. Harsh ending though! :-(
dogbertcarroll chapter 2 . 9/22/2008
Excellent!
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
I didn't catch much angst, it made me laugh.
Maxmilian chapter 2 . 9/7/2008
Nice one too.

More angsty than the rewritten version.

Good job.
Fibinaci chapter 2 . 9/6/2008
I just read the original version of chapter one and now I found this. So calling Hermione with the stone saved her from Hell for killing herself and her baby? It's good to be the king, I guess. I'm shocked they let Molly have the other kids but I also doubt anyone else wanted them. If she couldnt raise Ron right(plus Percy Fred and George werent necesarilly winners either) why let her have his kids, thats insanity, doing the same thing over and expecting a different result.
luckykas chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
your one shots are really good. i usually dont care much fir them but in case of your fic, they feel complete and stories actually have decent substance in them. they are very well written... hope you get time and inspiration for many more.
Alorkin chapter 2 . 8/11/2008
A well-done second page. You've cleared up a number of questions I had.

It looks like Ginny is as selfish and shallow as Ron is. Her only concern for Harry is in how it affects her, ad if she has to rely on drugs to get what she wants, well ten why not?

Ron is still a selfish, jealous, domineering bastard. Perhaps a good bit of revenge would be to send that stupid book to Molly with chapter ten bookmarked. I'm absolutely certain she would not appreciate what's in it.

While the wizarding world is still dominated by the pureblood bigots, Hermione would have had no recourse whatsoever. While I disagree with her suicide,I can understand she just felt she had nothing left. That her child died with her is her crime, not the suicide itself. Her older children would be old enough to know of her suicide, and I'm certain Ron would both vilify her for doing so, and capitalize on 'his tragic loss'. (hey! it worked before!)

I'm certain Harry and Luna would help with the children. Ten young'uns is a heavy load, even for Molly who would be in her seventies.

As I said before, A wonderful story.

Alorkin
Ryncor chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
I agree that ron and malfoy are very similar. I also agree that harry's jealousy was out of character. I mean in the books there was more background for Harry to like Cho than there was for Harry to like Ginny. Harry didn't get jealous of Cedric for being with Cho. He was a little disheartened and spent the ball watching her and wishing he was dancing with her, but he never felt jealousy to the extent of wanting to hurt cedric. He and cedric got along rather well actually. As the only comparison to go on in regards to love life and romantic stuff, his jealousy of dean was very unusual.
Jessie Bishop chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
wow that was interesting.
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »