Reviews for Paybacks are a Witch
luckykas chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
your one shots are really good. i usually dont care much fir them but in case of your fic, they feel complete and stories actually have decent substance in them. they are very well written... hope you get time and inspiration for many more.
Alorkin chapter 2 . 8/11/2008
A well-done second page. You've cleared up a number of questions I had.

It looks like Ginny is as selfish and shallow as Ron is. Her only concern for Harry is in how it affects her, ad if she has to rely on drugs to get what she wants, well ten why not?

Ron is still a selfish, jealous, domineering bastard. Perhaps a good bit of revenge would be to send that stupid book to Molly with chapter ten bookmarked. I'm absolutely certain she would not appreciate what's in it.

While the wizarding world is still dominated by the pureblood bigots, Hermione would have had no recourse whatsoever. While I disagree with her suicide,I can understand she just felt she had nothing left. That her child died with her is her crime, not the suicide itself. Her older children would be old enough to know of her suicide, and I'm certain Ron would both vilify her for doing so, and capitalize on 'his tragic loss'. (hey! it worked before!)

I'm certain Harry and Luna would help with the children. Ten young'uns is a heavy load, even for Molly who would be in her seventies.

As I said before, A wonderful story.

Alorkin
Ryncor chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
I agree that ron and malfoy are very similar. I also agree that harry's jealousy was out of character. I mean in the books there was more background for Harry to like Cho than there was for Harry to like Ginny. Harry didn't get jealous of Cedric for being with Cho. He was a little disheartened and spent the ball watching her and wishing he was dancing with her, but he never felt jealousy to the extent of wanting to hurt cedric. He and cedric got along rather well actually. As the only comparison to go on in regards to love life and romantic stuff, his jealousy of dean was very unusual.
Jessie Bishop chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
wow that was interesting.
Flyguy25 chapter 2 . 7/29/2008
Well... a bit sad. However very well writen and I do enjoy Ron bashing so all and all great fic.
Bobmin356 chapter 2 . 7/29/2008
You are too good of an author to screw up and use aloud for allowed. Mistakes like this are jarring.

As to the story itself, the only missing piece was any sort of serious retribution against ginny. Hermione offed herself and ron lost his kids. Ginny? Hello? Shouldn't she be punished too in some especially nasty way?
jabarber69 chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
you know the oneshot was actually good enough, but I still will thank you for this...as usual it was well thought out and well done. too bad about mione, oh well they do have eternity to spend together! also a fitting end for ron would be to become the fudgepacker for his muggleborn cellmate, hopefully he died from to much fudgepacking without the necessarry grease. ew
Cateagle chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
*snicker* Well, Hermione wised up too late but had the fortitude to escape however she could. I do approve of what Harry did for her and I rather imagine she and Luna will have no problem sharing Harry and his affections in the "next great adventure".

Meanwhile, Ron & Ginny get what they deserve since neither seems inclined to accept responsitibility for their actions. Ginny will always be lonely since her selfishness and greed hurt so many and Ron clearly got the fate he earned. I rather like the way Harry & Luna support and complement each other.
Anime Princess chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
WOW, this is interesting! I LOVE how Luna got Ginny to talk about what really went on as she truly is a slut! I LOVE how she didn't want children only to be Harry Potters doll. And when Molly FINALLY found out about what Ron was teaching his children, I LOVE how she got custody of them! I LOVE Ron's beastly jerkish additutde! POST MORE ASAP!

Love ya,

Sam
Innortal chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
Nice touches.
Lionheart chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
Hurray!

Excellent chapter! And you bring up a point I was going to make in your last chapter, only I'd already send a review and couldn't make another. Besides, it works out better like this anyway seeing as you've already laid the groundwork for it in this, your second chapter.

My thoughts on reading your first chapter of this were, "Wow! Now THAT would make for a great start to a time-travel fic! I mean, just think, what if Hermione went back KNOWING that was her future? Things would be so different, that could be so amazing!"

And now you've essentially already laid the groundwork for that.

Think it through. Spirits are eternal, they aren't exactly subject to time. Harry already called her spirit with the ressurection stone. What if Luna (or the Gods or Goddesses of Magic) did something, I don't know what, but it could work out very well in conjunction with that curse, to send her spirit back in time to her younger, living body?

Essentially, a "You haven't suffered enough" clause over Ron and/or Ginny that kicks the whole segment off again, starting right from the beginning, so that the first time Harry masters a hallow (his father's cloak) Hermione gets the memories of her spirit self?

Actually, if you could swing it, I'd like it even more if she could restart their first year together from the very start. Can you not see her there on the train, rushing in to Harry's compartment, grabbing him and hauling him off to where she and Neville are staying? Then, when Ron pokes his head in, she hexes him in the most awful yet ingenious ways?

That's really where the meat of this lies, to me: Hermione knowing the future, determined to makes things better for Harry, and antagonistic to Ron in the extreme?

That would be a story unlike any other time travel fic I've read, and I've read most of the good ones. Hermione defending Harry against the false-friendship of Ron, while at the same time devoting herself to him? Never been done.

And, of course, there is the machinations of the Dark Headmaster, evil plots of the Ministry, and, oh, I guess a dark lord out there that all have to be fended off at the same time.

I would really love to see that. You could also, if you felt like it, arrange some way for Harry and Luna's consciousnesses to return also, but I don't know how that dynamic could work. Still, if you could pull it off it has the potential to be awesome!

Just the thought of Hermione hexing Ron to death every time she sees him, protecting Harry from him and trying to get him to work hard and emulate her (rather than the Quidditch obsessed moron) could alone make for an excellent fic!

If possible, I would very much like to see you write it.
TopQuark chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
amazing fic great work.. it would be nice to see one shots of harrys future and familyh.. hehe maybe harry in space or something weird... no angst ..jsut fun :)
Branackus chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
I love this story, Keep up the great work
XxMemories4everxX chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
Great chapter!
Bobboky chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
wow, well written if a bit darker than my normal tastes.
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »