Reviews for White Lace Robes
astrum202 chapter 3 . 10/4/2009
Wow this is some really wonderfull writing here. I'm glad you are focusing on a period in their marriage that is rarely expressed, and I think you're doing a really great job with this. I think Hermione is as close to dead-on as possible and I appreciate the consistency of her character so far. My only complaint about Ron's portrayal is that I would expect him to have a bit more of a temper, but that could just be something he grew out of. Also Harry seems a bit bland, (that could just be the way he is in the books though...) However I congratulate you on actually making me like him with Draco(assuming here).

But yeah I really want to know how this ends. And thank you for making Hermione appropriately touchy on this subject, I can envision someone making her too angry with Ron, and men in general for wanting her to have kids. Well please keep writing.

P.S. I love Hermione's copy of Hamlet. And for some reason the image of Dean as a work-from-home dad makes me gush.
Solarstone chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
Harry has suddenly become extremely OOC. Him being gay doesn't really seem to affect the story in any way, but the fact that Harry has always longed for a big family is pretty evident (quite bluntly, I might say) from the books.

Except that, superb chapter. Its absolutlely normal to not want children, but Hermione still reads as if she's more afraid of such a major change than anything else, but that could be just me reading TOO MUCH into stuff!
Solarstone chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
What about using a surrogate mother, through artificial insemination? Granted my knowledge on medical stuff is pretty pathetic, but this is the wizarding world we're talking about. Hermione does have options, I think, without resorting to divorce or compromising her beliefs. Or is it that she has already ruled out the alernatives because she doesn't want a kid, period? She establishes it herself here that she's scared of having her own child, so I gotta wonder, could it actually stubbornness to how she has always thought on the matter driving her words and decisions?
Mailyn chapter 3 . 10/31/2008
Hey,

First of all congrats for this fic, I really love it, it's so rare to read a story where people don't have children. I'm sick of all those fanfictions full of babies, teen pregnancy and mpreg. Your story is so refreashing, it's a pleasure to read it.

I really hope Hermione won't change her mind, she is a strong woman, she is far too intelligent to waste her brain. There are women made to be mothers and women made not to be. I also hope you will update it as soon as possible, I can't wait for the next chapters.

Good luck for the continuation,

Mailyn

Sorry for my terrible English but I'm French...
SnowedUnderNJ chapter 3 . 9/23/2008
I'm really enjoying this so far. I to know women who do not want children. I can completely understand this. Motherhood is a very tough job and it's the rest of your life.
InkandPaper chapter 3 . 9/23/2008
Ah, Hermione in Bristol, eating chips in St Pauls. I have to say thanks for writing that - I got quite a kick out of it! :D

Btw - how did she know Harry was in the park, and how did he know she was there? It freaked me out slightly when he just APPEARED, lol!
homeric chapter 3 . 9/22/2008
"What happens to the books? she thought sadly. If we never get back together, do I put them in storage until I get my own apartment, or do we work out something awkward like waiting and dividing them up together"

Sorry to quote your own words back at you, but I really liked that paragraph. Such a poignant way to describe the end of a relationship... I do feel for Hermione - it's such an "all or nothing" problem that it's difficult to see where this is heading. I look forward to finding out though :)
Alquimista chapter 3 . 9/22/2008
very good fic.

There are no dragons or evil wizards, there are only real-life problems. The only 'but' is that it can be a good fic, but not a harry potter fic. I think the magic should have an important part in the plot and the characters must be adjusted to the canon. (I hope that the gay-Harry has a meaning in the plot)

Concerning the problem of Hermione and Ron ... I see no solution ... I think the position of Hermione maybe be a little more selfish... (the fact of wanting children can be a very strong need) but is her right if she dont want to have children...

The only solution would be... allowing another woman to be the mother of the children of Ron... but I dont see Hermione accepting a 'trio'... I dont know...

please update asap...
I'm Just Drawn That Way chapter 3 . 9/21/2008
Still loving this story and can't wait to see what happens. I mean, I know what I WANT to happen, but I'll sit back and wait and see where you go with it.

Yay - you practically quoted that thing I said in my last review, about how this is not an issue where they can meet halfway! *feels special*

I can totally empathize with Hermione here. Though I did finally marry and have a child, it took me a long time. The big joke in my senior year was that for graduation I was asking for a tubal ligation. I don't at all regret my decision to have my child, but motherhood is tough work that is NOT for everyone, and Hermione never struck me as particularly maternal.

Keep writing! You're doing a FABULOUS job here. LOVED Harry's observations about how different he & Hermione are from Ron & Ginny based on their upbringings - having chosen this life, versus having always been in it. Very very nice.

xoxo,

-IJDTW
lskusf2 chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
I am enjoying this story. It is nice to see a different perspective on R/H.

To the reviewers who stated they never would understand why a woman would not want children...I am one of those women. I have taken steps to prevent any sort of pregnancy. I have several reasons for this but this does not make me less of a woman. This does not mean I am selfish or only thinking of my career. Yes I have a job I love but that was the last reason I thought of. Is it selfish of me to have a child I don't want because society tells me to or unselfish of me to say I choose not to have children and instead focus on making the world a better place for others? I think the latter. Thankfully my husband agrees with and there is no pressure.
kar33m chapter 2 . 9/18/2008
I don't believe your versions of the characters are too OC, but I feel no fan-fiction author can fully capture the essence of a character like it's original author can for obvious reasons.

Still, your story is a compelling read and I look forward to future chapters.
homeric chapter 2 . 9/16/2008
Well written. I'm intrigued by the case that Kingsley has brought Hermione into - icky but interesting ;)

I like the way that you've witten Hermione; I can see why she doesn't want children, and it's true to her character that she wouldn't want to "live a lie" in order to conform to what is expected of her. Nonetheless she's in a difficult position when it comes to the people she loves - I look forward to reading more :)
I'm Just Drawn That Way chapter 2 . 9/15/2008
This story has so much promise! I'm intrigued by her new case, and so curious what the couple will do. They're in a real jam - either one of them would have to give up too much to concede to the other's wishes, and it's not the kind of issue where you can meet halfway (you either have kids or don't).

You write beautifully, too.

-IJDTW
I'm Just Drawn That Way chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
I adore this! It's extremely well-written, very in-character for Hermione and Ron both, and I LOVE your serene Harry. I never quite saw him this way, but I think it's a lovely way to paint a post-Voldie Harry. Like, you know what, I've been through freaking everything and survived. Nothing you could possible do or say could shake me now. Sweet.
jtgfrhn chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
wow, it's so weird to me that she doesn't want children so bad that she would go through sterilizing herself. I've never ever met anyone with that attitude toward children, especially not any women. I can fully appreciate a woman wanting to focus on her career and having serious goals, but I don't understand ruling it out forever. It's not like your life is over after having a child, you don't have to stay home with the kids until they go off to school. There are plenty of families with two working parents that make it work. I guess I just don't understand her thinking...do you know anyone like this? Like is that where you got the inspiration for this?