Reviews for Armchair Detective
Mooncow33 chapter 3 . 12/8/2013
So I have been tearing through your cat tales, I downloaded the compilations, and I have to say I absolutely love the way you write Batgirl. I love all of the scenes between her and Tim, they are just so spot on and hilarious.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/18/2013
Super good!
Kimberly T chapter 6 . 11/9/2008
Yep, this was a Poirot case, not a Holmes case. You didn't withhold any crucial info, you scattered all the little clues throughout the story... and I just plain missed most of 'em, because I was too fascinated with the Bat-Clan's antics.
Phoenix Flight chapter 7 . 10/30/2008
Yay! Another brilliant story wrapped up. I do love knowing that there's another one coming too...

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this series. We really do appreciate it!
ussentinel chapter 6 . 10/30/2008
*pleasant sigh* Very satisfying! I'm grateful for the time and effort you put into this. Everyone had a good, distinctive voice; I loved the Jim/Bruce stuff; nice insights there. And the dream Bruce had. I can't recall when he last had one in one of your stories. Great job conveying Selina's reaction too when she reunited with him. Well done! Thank you!
t wrecks chapter 7 . 10/30/2008
Sneaky bat
t wrecks chapter 6 . 10/30/2008
Thank you Chris. It was great. I liked how you brought Jim Gordon in.
CalliopeMused chapter 7 . 10/29/2008
I think my response near the end of chapter six was something along the lines of "the HELL?", "huh?", and just a hint of manic laughter.

This entire series is amazing. You've given the Rogues a life behind the crimes, and Batman actually apologizes to people and admits his mistakes. I can't think of any other circumstances where an author could ask Catwoman to openly fight with the spandex-and-tights crowd, but you've done it and she's still in character.

The mystery's a fun change, but I'll definitely be reading this cat-tale again to sort out who did what where when, and why it happened.
Wispr chapter 7 . 10/29/2008
Now I can't wait to see what your next story is going to be... thanks for sharing!

Wispr
Wispr chapter 6 . 10/29/2008
Lovely chapter... just love how ALIVE your characters are and that you able to do that with just a few words... simply amazing.

Wispr
Kimberly T chapter 5 . 10/25/2008
The two weeks that it took me to get here and read this chapter means only two weeks less than everyone else, of waiting on the edge of my seat for the resolution to the latest cliffhanger!

I have absolutely no doubt that you're writing this in the later-years Christie style, not the Doyle style. What I mean by that is that most of Sherlock Holmes' mysteries were largely unsolvable by the reader, because Sir Arthur Conan Doyle didn't share all the clues with them; Watson the narrator only saw, not observed, and therefore missed the fine details that Sherlock Holmes used for solving the case. Agatha Christie did the same shtick for the first few Hercule Poirot novels in which Hastings was narrator, but in later years and novels, she changed style and dropped Hastings' first-person perspective, letting the readers see the clues that Poirot saw and heard. Most modern-day mystery writers do share the clues with the readers, dropping the details into scenes here and there, usually scattering them so the clues are obvious only in retrospect, once the protagonist has solved the case. So I'm sure you've shared all the clues with us readers now, but I still can't figure out whodunnit! Gahh! Hurry with the final chapter, please!
Pandora de Romanus chapter 5 . 10/15/2008
Oh! Selina yhinking of herself as Watson... Very funy. Spitcurl having to deal with Cassie's fear was even better. Selina being kind of maternal... Priceless.

Loved every minut of it.

Keep going!
ussentinel chapter 5 . 10/12/2008
Like other reviews that haven't commented on mystery itself, here's another. Granted, the mystery part shouldn't be ignored or discounted. There was a lot of clever things at play here and stated. You obviously did your homework, or are quite knowledgable, or both. The opening scene was priceless; and it's evident you own a cat yourself. However, the two scenes that struck the biggest chords with me were the Batgirl & Superman dynamic/relationship - that was brilliant and spectacular insight and great exploration there; and that silence! - the silence that Dick remembered when he was Robin. I think you continue to use things that are often overlooked or under-explored with characters. Outstanding. Thank you!
White Conch chapter 5 . 10/12/2008
Another fake painting. Either it's a big red herring or all the art stuff means Richard Flay is more important than he appears. Or else that part is why Nicola needs money and took the trust fund. Or I'm making a herring sandwich. I don't know. Update quicker this time, Chris. You're killing us.
Jake chapter 5 . 10/12/2008
One short moment and those cats steal the show. Murder? What murder? Tim is right. He is the one individual that didn't embarrass himself in Knightfall. You are also right in that old declaration fulfilled here that the fate of the nice guy is the overflowing inbox. Bruce just had Superman in the house but does he ask him to bring crap up from the cave? No leave it to the sidekick.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »