Reviews for April to April
Eryaforsthye chapter 14 . 10/13/2008
I loved this - a perfect end to a perfect fic! :D

I'm sorry I haven't been able to review lately - life's been horribly hectic these last few weeks - but today I sat down and read all the chapters I was missing, and, well, cried and beamed quite a bit. :)

I love how things came almost full circle in this fic - 'almost' because by the end of the year things had truly improved. House now has people who recognise his needs - even when they had previously dismissed them - and how House, through both desperation (and a little, growing, bit of trust), now seeks for actual medical help. :D

I just utterly loved it!

As I said - a *perfect* note for this fic to end.

Just beautiful

I can't wait 'til your next fic. :)

*re-reads happily*
SnowStalkerSS chapter 14 . 10/13/2008
Wonderful fic! I absolutely loved it! I thought it was completely realistic, the way time flowed, and I'm glad it finally worked out.

As to your note at the end..."to put someone on retainer" has to do with hiring someone, usually a professional advisor (it's not a phrase I use or encounter often, so I apologize if my explaination rambles a bit). For instance, if someone brings a lawsuit against you (or you file one against someone else), you're very likely going to hire a lawyer until the situation is resolved, regardless of how long that takes. Of course, you could always fire your lawyer and hire another one. You would then say that you have put the lawyer on retainer. Oh! Here's a great example from Season 5: House has hired a Private Investigator to look into things. House has him on retainer, and he has to pay him if he wants him to keep looking into things, regardless of the quality of his findings.

Hope my explaination has cleared things up a bit! Thanks for the great story!
slashfan54 chapter 14 . 10/13/2008
on retainer: having them at your disposal for a set fee. We do it with lawyers mostly.

This was great. Hope you do another multichapter. You are really good,
Potterworm chapter 14 . 10/13/2008
Great chapter. I'm not sure of the exact meaning of put on retainer, but as far as I know, it means to employ someone regularly. Meaning, he's becoming a regular employer of the PI guy, instead of it just being a one time thing.
geeveeladylive.com chapter 14 . 10/13/2008
It may be fluff, but it's heart-warming fluff.

The retainer thing:

One "Lawyer glossary" says:

"1 : the act of a client by which the services of a lawyer are engaged

2 : a fee paid to a lawyer for advice or services or for a claim on services when needed.

I think of it as similar to running a bar tab only it's for a human being . . .well a lawyer! Not sure if that's the same creature or not.

The lawyer is kind of yours for as long as you're willing to pay
cbeth88 chapter 14 . 10/13/2008
Excellent story! It's very well written, I had no idea you weren't a native speaker!

To put someone on retainer basically means to employ someone long-term. They aren't necessarily always doing things for you, but they're available when you need them. Companies put lawyers on retainer so that when a legal issue comes up, they have lawyers at the ready. House kind of put that private investigator on retainer. Even though he doesn't work for House all the time, or exclusively, he's available when House needs him.

Hope that makes sense!
anitablakevampirehunter chapter 14 . 10/13/2008
Fluff! yeah! I liked the Christmas invitation, and the last one the best! Also I liked the kutner piece as well - ok, ok so I liked it all! As for putting someone on retainer, it means to employ them over a long period of time. Hope that helped!

Hollie : )
callietitan chapter 13 . 10/6/2008
YAY! i have this HUGE bubble of happiness inside of me and i cannot stop smiling. i am gonna BURST from joy! i am really REALLY happy with this chappie, and i am also flying high with my new obsession; Twilight. its da bomb diggity! and so is HOUSE! haven't stopped grinning ALL DAY! w00t! D
Isla de Muerta chapter 13 . 9/30/2008
I absolutely don't want this to end yet, but all good ends in its time. Loved the end of this though when House was so nice to Wilson and it was so cute to make Wilson cry. ( So I love crying men ). Thank you for the lovely story. Wish you write another soon.
anitablakevampirehunter chapter 13 . 9/30/2008
I'm so sad that this is all but over! I've really enjoyed this whole story, in all its ups and downs and now its nearly over : (

Anyhoo - this chapter was great! I liked Wilsons shock at various situations throughout, I thought it was appropriate. Now that he's been busy for a year, House in small and large ways is bound to have changed, and Wilson would have to learn that. I also liked the tiny bit of Wilson & Chase interaction we had. I felt that Wilsons shock over House having another friend was amusing. I enjoyed the chapter immensly and I'm now looking forward to the Epilogue, and any inserts you add to this!

Hollie : )
Murderbynuns chapter 13 . 9/30/2008
that was cool and worth all the waiting
Potterworm chapter 13 . 9/29/2008
As always, this was a great chapter. I'm only sad it's over.
i luv ewansmile chapter 13 . 9/28/2008
Awesome story! Loved reading it! Please write more fabulous stories!
Aqua Mage chapter 13 . 9/28/2008
Wow. Loved every bit of this. It was just so well crafted. Very smooth. And there's an epilogue and extras? Excellent!
Belle80 chapter 13 . 9/28/2008
No, *you* rock! Thank you for sharing this with us... Wonderful, *wonderful* ending! (though I'm of course looking forward to the rest; epilogue etc) AMAZING WORK!
139 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »