Reviews for Carnival of Dark and Dangerous Creatures
tsiddiqaamin chapter 32 . 7/21
Beautifully written. Though I must say following the escape the story lost momentum. During the healing I cried. Will definitely be drawing inspiration!
Anon chapter 32 . 1/13
Rarely have I read such a fantastic fanfiction. The characters were amazing and the plot interesting. This story hasn't gotten half the attention it should have. One of the best stories I have read and a damn fine piece of literature, you have a promising talent for writing.
lovemya2000 chapter 32 . 4/13/2014
remusyoulittleshit chapter 32 . 2/13/2014
I know it's taken me forever to finish this - I've been crazy busy and when the FF craving struck, I needed some puppy love.

The way you wrapped this up was perfect. The thought of Sirius, Bentley, and Parsons stuck in a cell together... *daydreams* Oh, how I love that mutt. The epilogue made me tear up a bit and I sat here staring at the screen with much the same expression that I had when I reached the final page of Deathly Hallows for a good 5 minutes before I could start writing this review. The growth Remus went through was so natural, each stage neither rushed nor drawn out, and I love the friendship between Remus and Alastor (Uncle Alastor, priceless) and the laughs! The "Come again?" bit had me rolling on the floor, as I often have the urge to say something similar when I hear that phrase.

The way you wrote the interaction between Remus and Snape was also very well done - you managed to perfectly balance Snape's innate moral code and his pettiness and the sarcasm was spot on. Love the duel between them and McGonagall and Flitwick's wager.

Jonathan was also a wonderful addition, and I love that you broke the Ravenclaw stereotype with him.

The dreams were well done - somehow you found the words to clearly describe everything vividly but still give that dream-like surreality. Libertas was as infuriating yet amusing as ever in them, and Remus' interaction with his herd had me on the edge of my seat.

Again, I have to tell you how much I love the way you write. The sentences, taken separately, are matter of fact, but when I'm reading, I don't pause, and my eyes move over your words effortlessly and I forget I'm reading. The picture you paint is that vivid. I want to tell you you're talented as hell, but I also want to thank you for slaving away and rewriting and rewriting to get this right.

Sorry, I know this is all very scattered, but hopefully it all makes enough sense. :)
remusyoulittleshit chapter 17 . 1/21/2014
I can barely read through my, erm, allergies, but these last few chapters are wonderful. You've realistically captured the aftermath of the horrors Remus has faced. The dream with Sirius was especially heart-wrenching. I would leave a more detailed review, but I'd rather keep reading.

(Sorry for the review spam)
remusyoulittleshit chapter 9 . 1/21/2014
God, I hate this.

I mean, it's beautifully written, but I actually had to take a break to sob my heart out over what these bastards are doing to Remus.

I don't know if you've seen David Thewlis in Naked, but parts of this chapter reminded me of that scene near the end (SPOILER ALERT) after he's beaten up and he sort of has a breakdown. (END SPOILER) I just keep picturing that lost look in those wonderful blue eyes.

No, I'm not crying, I'm just allergic to Remus without his spark...
remusyoulittleshit chapter 7 . 1/21/2014
I can just picture it:
Random new Order member: "Your name is Remus? Lupin? Are you serious?"
Remus: *jabs thumb in Sirius' direction* No, he is. Honestly, how many names do you think I have?
*chorus of groans and stifled laughter*

All jokes (I like to pretend I'm funny; humor me) aside, this is a wonderful story. I'm terrible about reviewing - I usually read fanfiction late at night, and have several tabs open so I can start on the next story right after finishing one - but seeing as I'm fully awake (and absolutely had to make the serious Sirius joke) I thought I'd drop one.

You have a talent with words and your characterizations are spot on. I believe that the post-1981 Remus is often overlooked in the stories where Remus and Sirius are reunited after Azkaban, and it's rather unfortunate because there are just so many ways the character can go. It's painful, yes, but Remus' pain deserves to be acknowledged. I especially love the plot of this story because you don't have Remus' life just pause in a haze of pain and depression for 13 years. Your depiction of the social and legal repercussions of lycanthropy is wonderful, especially accompanied by Remus' sarcastic realism. I also love Remus' temper. The way you've written post-War Remus is perfectly balanced in strength and weakness. Very well done indeed.

I also love the relationships that Dumbledore and Moody have with Remus. You've written Moody especially well, and the Portkey 'coincidence' made an image of Dumbledore's eyes twinkling mischievously over his spectacles pop into my mind. Oh, how I miss that barmy old codger...

Also, I simply can't express how much I love the lack of typos. Normally misspellings and clumsy sentences jar me out of the rhythm of a story, and I don't believe I've noticed a single one so far.

I apologize for the lengthy gushing review, and now I'm going to keep reading this riveting story.

Cheers!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
The way you string together words, allow them to flow and move to create a story, is pure magic to behold. You have a way with bringing the characters to life and make the reader not only see the words on the screen, but transport them into the scene. You're truly gifted and I hope you never stop writing.
Guest chapter 8 . 11/24/2013
i just wanted to add the end of this chapter is possibly the most tragic part of the whole story, having finished it now (it was brilliant; excellent characterisation/dialogue and use of a city that wasn't london)
Guest chapter 31 . 11/24/2013
it's actually really touching that sirius somehow found out about all this and was really threatening and that :')
Guest chapter 28 . 11/24/2013
'the answer is just a fingertip away' - is this a reference to peter's chopped off finger or am i looking too far into it?
Guest chapter 7 . 11/23/2013
libertas; ironic?
Wibllys chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Absolutely brilliant.
MiranDuranDa chapter 14 . 5/24/2013
*dies*

I've never read a Lupin-centric (or any maurader-centric) story before. In fact, it took me about 10 chapters to realize this was written pre-Harry and that THAT was why Moody never asked Harry if he had known where Lupin was.

But I freaking love this story. More so, I'm completely addicted to it. It definitely makes complete sense that this story has won awards. Holy crap, it's amazing.

And am I a terrible person for hoping there's a Snape/Lupin pairing? It's probably just wishful thinking, but I always like when unexpected respect becomes something more.
Maura16 chapter 32 . 4/7/2013
This was incredible! The detail was amazing, the plot flowed at exactly the right speed- I never wanted it to move faster or slower- and I just loved it... This is THE best Remus- just Remus- story I have ever read, and thank you so much for this! :-D