Reviews for A New Beginning
Ai Mamoru chapter 11 . 5/30/2014
Mhh, made it - finally. It's funny but I often lose steam reading if I'm nearing the end of an unfinished story. It makes sense somehow, but also doesn't simultaneously.

I'm awed til the end, especially of your characters, there totally IC in my opinion and that happens rarely. Everything's so Avatar, except your depiction of death, nobody died on screen in the show, here they do. It taints the original atmosphere a little, but, well, if you think it's needed ...

I hope you find the motivation, inspiration and time to continue the story in the near future :)

Thank you so much for writing and sharing! :)
Ai Mamoru chapter 6 . 5/16/2014
*sigh* you caress my soul. It's wonderful! Nothing more to say about the chapter.
But I've got something about your AC: Why would you allow Zuko some premarital passion in the bedroom, but not Aang and Katara? I think it's unfair and discriminatory ;) And you can't argue with the age, sure 12 and maybe even 13 years could be a bit young for the act, but about 14 onwards I think it's legit to make love ;) But I guess, you didn't come this far in your story ...
Ai Mamoru chapter 5 . 5/16/2014
Oh it's such a pleasure to read your story. I look anxiously to the right side and see I'm already at chapter 5, means the next one is 6, out of 11, which means I've already read half of it. After 4 years it's wishful thinking you'll ever update again with the consequence, you're deny me the pleasure of further writing. Oh, I'm already sad :(

That was a nice chapter. I really cheered for the total anti-chliche marriage proposal. That's the way I like them. If I'll ever get proposed to, I hope it to be like that, spontaneous, purely out of love without sticking to some dusty conventions. Thank you!
One little critique though. The world of Avatar being modeled a lot after traditional South East Asia, an engagement (and wedding) ring really feels out of order. That's a western tradition. A nice one, but nonetheless, in my opinion it doesn't fit into this world.
Ai Mamoru chapter 4 . 5/16/2014
You did alright :) But I'm wondering, why you felt the need to give Hakoda a sister and destroy the canon feeling your story gave of til now.
Ai Mamoru chapter 3 . 5/16/2014
Nice chapter! :) I especially liked how you let Aang confess. The prelude being romantic but not overly cheesy, because we could see all those in the show and then comiong up with a simple "I love her". Oooh, I loved it.

The talk between Sokka and Aang was also really good. I really appreciate, you made Sokka level-headed and realistic, not blow up on Aang, which a lot of authors actually think would be appropriate. But I don't think so at all. Your Sokka was IC, their's not. Thank you :)

For my taste you got a little overboard with retelling what happened at the show. Your readers will certainly already know what happened, so it got kinda boring and I only skimmed through those parts. Your retelling felt especially lenghty because your phrasing was almost identic, to the original. Apart from that, it was done very well.
Bloab chapter 11 . 5/7/2014
Noo! I hope that somehow you will come back and finish this story. I really like your story. It was very well written! you kept the characters' personalities close to the canon. This is probably the best fanfic chronicling the adventures of the gaang after the war.
Bloab chapter 3 . 5/6/2014
this story is so good. I love your writing style and it is awesome. Great chapter
dominique.peltier.31 chapter 11 . 11/16/2013
I absolutely LOVE what you're writing! I see that's its been quite a long time since the last time you've updated. I can only hope that you see this review and update soon. Keep writing!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/21/2013
check this rift its fuckin tasty
Guest chapter 5 . 8/21/2013
no one can distroy the metal
catmcross chapter 11 . 11/16/2012
GRRR I wanna buy you a computer myself so you can keep writing! Cliffhanger! I really look forward to how you develop Azula's story!
catmcross chapter 5 . 11/14/2012
It doesn't surprise me that you included Toph and Sokka's "shenanigans". Being banned from the aromory sounds exactly like something that would've happened in the show. Keep it up, I'm enjoying the read.
catmcross chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I like how you created the nightmare for Aang. I always had the feeling that he'd have nightmares after his ordeal with Ozai, even if he didn't have to kill him.
Hikari Urania chapter 11 . 2/17/2012
Such a beautiful story! I can't wait to read any future chapters. I do hope you'll continue with this story and that an update is near _. But seriously, awesome story.
Ki-ki7 chapter 11 . 8/28/2011
OMG!they just came up with a new series if Avatar only it's...Avatar the legend oh Korra...to bad for the Zatara fans because Aang and katara get married and have 3 kids...look up more info online...NOW!