Reviews for Black Days
Cinderella7049 chapter 7 . 1/23
This was fantastic. It felt so much like the characters. My only regret is that I want to read more and see where you take them. Great job.
Mendip123 chapter 7 . 5/1/2014
Really enjoyed this - strange to say, with things so bleak after Miranda. I liked the construction with the chapters, with the insights into each of the characters' thoughts, memories and views. And the story was great too! Thanks.
B.anon chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Nice chapter. Sad.
luvagoo chapter 7 . 10/15/2010
Ahhh I love this. It is fantastic :) Just everything. I loved the scene with Zoe and Inara. I loved Inara scaling her room for signs of Book. I loved Jayne in general.

I was going to complain, at the beginning, about Simon's feelings about wanting to leave and how they were all so horrible to him. Because the very central theme to the entire show is family, and I just can't see Simon being like that. I still don't, I really don't think Simon would want to leave, no matter how bad things were. But as I kept reading I realised that for the others, he was more a scapegoat, like Inara is for Mal, and so that aspect made more sense :)

I love the ending, too. Just... amazing :) Thank you.
the handmaiden chapter 2 . 11/21/2009
Dialog is great in this story so far. Every character had a distinct voice and drawl and you capture it well. Definitely picture Zoe as the type to try to bury her sadness with routine. And I like the insight into jayne's character.
bladefax chapter 3 . 11/2/2008
NIce character development...keep up the great writing.
bladefax chapter 7 . 10/25/2008
Great chapter...don't stop there...keep it going.
writtenwordlover chapter 7 . 10/21/2008
A wonderful chapter, what I loved; River "reading" a "book" aloud, Jayne teasing Mal about his night out with Inara, purposely prolonging Mal's agony with misleading fragments of information, the three way conversation between Mal, Inara, and River where Mal sends messages to River about what he can't tell Inara because he is supposed to be mad at her, and he seals the secret with a wink. Inara asking herself, "Have I ever done anything that makes anyone think I am at all interested in Jayne?" and River reading it. Mal finally listening to Zoe... Thank Heaven! but still being uncomfortable with exchanging money with Inara.

And my very favorite is the last scene with all of them coming together listening to River read.

I hope you are planning more.
Geeky13 chapter 7 . 10/21/2008
I love it! Glad you kept River for last, but please don't finish here! Even just an epilogue would be awesome!
GillianRose chapter 7 . 10/21/2008
Stuff I love: River the butterfly, River the goose, River the reader (just a book, not a mind); River's new BFF the ladybug, Jayne's recreational hate, "See Jayne skip"; "Who poked her?"; River making a money-scope; Zoe waiting for Mal to be reasonable; "Everyone knows what they're thinking"; Jayne and Inara bumping fists; Mal and Inara never say what they're thinking; Mal surprises River by smiling - twice; everyone's almost where they should be.

This is great, great, great! I'm making it official. River is such a tricky character and there are a lot of possible missteps, but you write her so beautifully - with a lot of integrity, we get to see the innocent young human being behind all of the genius, madness, and supernatural powers. I know you worked really hard to do justice to this character, and I believe you succeeded entirely.
RionaEire chapter 7 . 10/20/2008
Cute ending, with River reading the story. That is a good project for her I think, makes everyone pay attention to her which they sometimes have a hard time doing because she doesn't always make sense to them. That's neat that you parelelled our crew with a book, even though I've never read the book so can't weigh in on any significant level. I like how you write River, you make her so sweet like the way I see her in my mind. I like her new ladybug friend. That really is a brilliant idea to have River gamble for money, no more illegal than the other things the crew does after all and she'd be amazing at it. All that would be needed would be someone just to be nearby, just in case. If I were Simon I'd seriously consider it when they fall on hard times such as these. :) But poker was a good sensible way to end the story and get enough money for the legit job with Oklahoma. Incidentally, I got confused in that scene when Mal is wondering if Inara can send thoughts, or was he wondering if River could send thought? I was confused there. I think it would be fine for River to have turns piloting the ship on lucid days, why not as long as it is a lucid day. I look forward to your next story, we are aquainted enough that you know how I feel about everything in the Firefly verse so I'll be reading next time if all goes right. Well done

Riona
GillianRose chapter 6 . 10/6/2008
You do the characters such wonderful justice! I love vain, suspicious Jayne. I think Adam Baldwin would have a field day with these scenes! When I read your Simon I can hear him in my ear perfectly. And Mal's and Zoe's state - the crushing of their fragile hopes - so painful, having to go back to the crew who are waiting for good news...good news will come eventually, I hope!
writtenwordlover chapter 6 . 10/6/2008
This is definitely the most realistic portrayal of the crew and their lives after Miranda. You've genuinely tapped into the consciousness of the original writers, unapologetically of course, and created a scenario that is believable and enjoyable to read. Anticipating more.
RionaEire chapter 6 . 10/5/2008
Still here, that scene with Jayne in spandex at the start was funny, he definitely has an egotistical streak here, looking at himself thinking he's all suave and tough. What a bummer about the job going south, I didn't see that coming, you presented it well so that your readers had no idea it would happen. Its interesting how Jayne does not want to run drugs, must carry a heavy punishment if he's not willing, prison for life, the Alliance must really take it seriously. They'd have to or else Jayne would probably be willing to try it at least once. I wonder what Jayne and Inara are going to do to get cash? Oh, and about the collateral suggestion, I'm surprised that Mal didn't consider it, especially since he is annoyed with a lot of the crew. :) Seems like an option that he didn't fully consider.

Riona
bladefax chapter 6 . 10/5/2008
Interesting story...keep it coming.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »