Reviews for Closest Thing to Family
deathcab135 chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
Please try to update this story! I just got into Boomtown(was looking for Neil movies) I found this story and would really like to know what is supposed to happen next. Just making my plea.
Scout214 chapter 2 . 2/8/2009
I love it! that was great! i admit, that my favorite character is Joel, and that you played him perfectly with having him blame himself for the kids silence, but after what you wrote i'm starting to like David too. Please write more!
lady of the realm chapter 2 . 9/21/2008
A congratulatory cup of Starbucks or a David handstand to you for capturing the McNorris/Joel/Fearless dynamic. And Ray. Well, he's Ray. It's good to see David almost chuckling at him instead of throwing punches. There's so much interpersonal stuff going on between the characters and a good storyline, too. Making a child the focus of the story is perfect because deep down David loves children.
aliensister chapter 2 . 9/20/2008
oh I love McNorris *sigh* this is a great story!
nadeshiko1 chapter 2 . 9/20/2008
YAYs for updates!

So, I take it that we've fast forwarded seven months since David was in rehab?

A serial killer case involving kids? Yeesh! Talk about scary! And that poor kid is the only survivor after the last one. Man that's really rough.

I like how you have Bri working alongside the LAPD. I certainly hope that she and David can get Brennan to open up about what happened, poor kid.

Can't wait for the next bit!
Diesa chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Very Awesome look forward to reading more
lady of the realm chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
What a delight finding a new Boomtown story! David McNorris is one of the most intriguing characters created for network TV and shouldn't be allowed to fade off into oblivion. Love your original character's interactions with him, Joel and Fearless. Heaven knows, that tormented soul needs a good friend like Brianna. Looking forward to more.
nadeshiko1 chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Aw SWEET! Brianna sounds so AWESOME!

nice opening for a prologue and the ties between Bri and David are really good!

Can't wait for the next bit!