Reviews for Inferiority Complex
Aloujay chapter 50 . 3/16
So I'm well aware that this fanfic is awfully old now but still wanted to express my thanks anyway because it has to be one of my favourites ever. The ton of different ideas (the MatsudaIdeChief ones being my favourite!), the atmosphere and the characterisation was all super wonderful. It was really beautiful to read and great to see Matsuda and the Task Force get so much love! :3 Thanks.
Birdeee chapter 50 . 10/30/2012
Waaaahh, I seriously liked this, everything was written so well.
Gimpyslair chapter 4 . 8/26/2012
Awww, so sweet! Seriously, thank you for making a bunch of Matsuda one-shots: he's the ONE character that needs more love in Death Note! :)
Guest chapter 9 . 7/3/2012
Ahahhaha the AN at the end!
Sonorous Serendipity chapter 9 . 5/15/2012
Man, I love Matsuda. :) Your note at the end is my complete fantasy. Throw in a rain drenched L and my life is complete... XD I'm glad I've finally found someone else who dislikes Light. XD He was even annoying when he was innocent. Anyway, love the story.
oursolemnhour49 chapter 50 . 10/10/2011
I really loved this story- I read the whole thing through from beginning to end a few days ago, and I loved it. I don't normally like drabble-type series, but you did such a wonderful job capturing Matsuda- who's one of my favorite characters in the DN story- that I have no choice but to favorite this. My favorite bits were by far his dealing with the aftermath of shooting Light. Awesome job!
WindowChild chapter 9 . 9/5/2011
So, I've kind of been reading through all of your fics, and loving them all so much that I found I couldn't even bring myself to review, because I couldn't find words for the perfection, but, bizarrely enough, I have to review here just to say that I find the author's note at the bottom possibly THE funniest thing I have ever read. Now I have to go rewatch Charlie's Angels.

Anyway, author's note aside, you are the most gifted fanfiction writer I have ever read, and every single one of your Death Note fanfics is amazing. Thank you for writing.
The Merrill Kid chapter 27 . 8/24/2011
I absolutely love this fic! Matsu doesn't get enough love. Anyway, I love you for including a Joseph Heller quote (because Catch-22 is one of favorite books).
stelianqueen chapter 50 . 6/22/2011
Oh my god.

I just read through this whole thing, and... holy crap, that was amazing, to get to the point.

Words cannot describe how I feel.

Sorry for the bad wording and stuff, but yeah, in short: AMAZING.
Markus Ramikin chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
I see why you have a rec on TV tropes. You are really good at this.

"The Most Important Choice", posted as chapter 2, actually touched me, and that doesn't happen often when I read ff.
pretentious kneecap chapter 50 . 8/29/2010
They were all damn adorable. I'm sitting here sniffly because they were all so cute, and so Matsuda. There were a lot of laughs; some were humorous-humor, and others were dfhfhfgh-oh-Matsuda-humor, but all of them had that lace of melancholia that makes it all bittersweet and realistic and awwww I love Matsuda the end.
cominghome28 chapter 8 . 6/9/2010
"...they were being spoken from a way away" This sounds a bit odd, maybe just "from far away."

My memory of this anime being what it is I'm not sure I entirely remember this moment. However, I do like the way you've used the prompt of "Illumination" here. I really like Near's opening, "You might have won...and I might have lost." Really interesting character insight here, and I feel as though as such this one isn't entirely about Matsuda but more a mixture of the two, a comparison of both. It's fun to see Matsuda compared and contrasted with different characters, and to have their relationships detailed like this.
cominghome28 chapter 7 . 6/9/2010
Huh, really interesting comparison here. I like the bit of humor here, where he says "Nice, maybe we'll move on to complete sentences next week." Poor Matsuda. He-along with everyone else-beats him up so much, but he tries so hard. It's cute but sad.

They do have a lot in common, really. And I could so see Matsuda pulling something like the Pope here and going to visit the man who attempted to murder him. Not to be pious, or to gloat, just to see him because he would probably feel bad for him. Funny how some people work.
cominghome28 chapter 6 . 6/9/2010
So, so true! Isn't Matsuda just a beast with a gun? I'd always wondered that, if half the reason they hired him is because he's such a great shot. One of the other reasons I like him.

Nice take on why. It's possible, really. He seems the type to me to stay up all night practicing on something out of sheer determination and for the team. Just in case he ever has to save someone's life. It's definitely something he could do, so very canon to me.
cominghome28 chapter 5 . 6/9/2010
The biggest debate in the Death Note anime...is Kira good or evil? I like how you've resumed it here, with the idea of him being a killer but not a murderer. Definitely a distinct difference and I like the parallels you've drawn here.

As of yet you haven't done much with Ryuk, from what I recall, and I like the way you've played him out here. Toying with Matsuda, taunting him, but then listening to what he says and being curious in spite of himself. Definitely spot-on with his character.

I always sort of wondered during the anime how much Matsuda might waffle, and if Light could recruit him. Would have made for an interesting subplot and twist. However, as you've shown here, Matsuda ultimately sees Kira as evil. But it isn't as black or white for him as it is the others, which is what I like about his character.