Reviews for Actions
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 1 . 6/30
This story was really great. I'm glad it ended that way.
Devin Trinidad chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
Interesting one-shot. It truly showed the dynamics between Mello and Matt-one being dominant and the other passive. I loved the relationship between Belle and Matt, showing that even if he is a surly genius, he can still have moments where he can truly care. Same goes for Mello.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Such a nice story. Belle is absolutely adorable here and it's even cuter that she becomes attached to Matt. It was great to see Matt stand up to Mello when he goes overboard with his cruelty. Nice job with even having him ignore Mello until he's truly sorry for it at the end.

While on that note it was sweet how Mello made up for his wrong doing. It's just like him to want to keep it secret if just to protect his image. That's the thing about Mello, even after he does a thousand horrible things, he can always do something to change a person's perspective on him. Nice job with showing that.

Good work with this story.
empty-eye-sockets chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
haha... mello being nice, right. only for matt. good job on the story. so cute despite the doggies death.
cominghome28 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010

-“but think that cable probably” Here it’s the dog’s name so it should be “Cable.”

-“was an obviously-lifeless” Doesn’t need a dash, so just “obviously lifeless.”

-“swore under his breath, before remembered” Just a misspelling here, so it should be “before remembering.”

Yay, a fandom I’m familiar with, so I can really review this. It isn’t a super serious story, really, but I noticed a shift from the previous ones, where this one is darker. A young girl’s parents died, and then the dog died, and there’s a lot of conflict between them. I think this could have a lot to do with the fandom, where Death Note is a lot darker than Invader Zim. The plot, while simple, is nicely done. I don’t agree with where you wrote that the one-shot doesn’t have a point, because I think it does. It was a character analysis, and I thought the ending was super sweet.

I think the characters were really in-character here, for their ages. I like the grudging kindness Mello has when he gives the cat, and I really like how you showed the way he lords over everyone. I’m usually not a huge fan of original characters but Belle was pretty bearable here, except maybe a bit of a Mary-Sue. She doesn’t do much except cry and be taken care of everyone, but then she just lost her parents, so it’s understandable.

From what I see your first Death Note fic, and I really see you slowly coming into the style. I do feel it’s caused, in part, by the fandom itself, as Death Note is dark. There are cute and silly moments but overall the mood is somber. For a cute little one-shot it’s entertaining and the story is cute.
young dawn chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Very sweet. I liked how you turned Mello around at the end, but still kept him himself-if that makes any sense. xD Awesome job.

Shella chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Mello's a bit like that, isn't he? Pure and solid a-hole every moment, and then turns around and does something decent or even *nice*. I like this fic a lot, in part because he's barely softened at all.
Brook Weed chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
Aww :) I love how it turned out!

TalksLikeACat chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Haha, I just loved this so much.
La Nuit Noire chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Wow, once again, brilliant!
Tsuki No Shuurai chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Ahh, Mello can be so cute in the way that he's always trying to look so tough...Good job!
Tierfal chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Aw, God. I was getting all depressed seeing Mello be THAT MEAN, and then you turned it around at the end there. How adorable. x3

And I liked Belle; you conveyed the five-year-old mentality pretty darn well, and she was sort of hopelessly cute. XD
ChibiFrubaGirl chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Well that's just... utterly perfect. And totally fitting for all those characters. Matt's such a sweetie~

Demonic Seraphim chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Further proof that Mello is a complete and total pushover for Matt.

It was delightful. Light, utterly pointless oneshot, but all the better for it. (Two hours reading Death Note and you're dying for light, pointless oneshots; my brain hurts.)
Mairu chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
That was beyond sweet. I love how you wrote Matt and Mello. I was surprised that Mello would kill the dog, but the way you had him anonymously compensate for it was adorable. Also, despite the fact that I don't normally like OC's, Belle was too cute.