Reviews for Boys
DestinyCrusader chapter 19 . 8/26/2014
THAT WAS LIKE THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER READ.

Or at least, maybe like, the most well-written one, anyway. I loved the way you jumped around with time, how easily the reader could understand the gap. I also ADORE how easy it is to realize where that last scene fits in. I'm not even kidding when I say that reading this reminds of literature. Actual literature, not just a YA romance (which, in itself, is a great thing). You say everything at just the right time, have dialogue at the best moments. I laughed a lot in this chapter as well, like in the part where Axel basically mistakes himself for a girl.

Also, hearing parts of the story from Axel's point of view was both awfully saddening but also kind of refreshing. Good call on that, it totally gave the story even more depth.

And aw man, Roxas's whole rant about the world and it being fake and - do I have to ask you again whether or not you are a real person? No one writes this well. And then there was the whole Roxas "raw and open" and visibly suffering, and the way you described it through Axel's eyes, through the gaze of a loved one... HOWW!?

ANYWAY. One of the best chapters so far. Then again, they are all the best,

Why are you doing this to me.
DestinyCrusader chapter 18 . 8/26/2014
You.
Who are you.
Are you real.

Okay, so, honestly, I totally think you deserve like a huge-ass review from me for every single chapter I've read so far. And you might get that. You might. But right now I want to gush about how wonderful your story is. And how wonderful your writing style is. And the characters. And the plot. And the scenes. And. You're messing with my mind and my heart, and my words are getting all messed up because of you, Jeez.

Even now, I have to force myself to continue writing this review and not rushing ahead to the next chapter. But then, this is just one review within more than a thousand. Might not even men anything at all. But I have to tell you. I must tell you how amazing you are. First, I was not expecting to get so hooked into this story. Because, to be honest, I am more of a SoNami shipper, and not a SoRiku shipper. But, honestly, it doesn't even matter what you ship. Because your writing is smooth and flawless and full of similes and metaphors and symbols and hidden meanings, and I've nearly cried at how amazing your writing is, because it's somewhere I crave to be one day. I aspire to write even moderately as good as you.

What's more, you have this special way of making characters the same lovable characters we know, and yet so very different. And it makes sense, because they're in a different setting, but there are layers and layers to their personalities, to who they are and their dreams and their fears. This story is just very real, and I think that's one of the things that makes it so much more appealing.

I almost want to say that sometimes Sora feels OOC. But then you have these moments where he is so unguarded and sweet, that I forget I ever had any doubts. Sure, he's had fighting issues, but then the way you explain it, that to him it's protecting his friends... Well, that's exactly who Sora is.

And man, the way you capture every character through different POVs, their different reactions and their thoughts, and their own personal mechanisms (Sora's Fake and Ownership, Riku's constant fear that Sora will change his mind, Roxas's annoyance and memories...) is so absolutely, frustratingly perfect that I just. Can't. Get. Over. How. Good. You. Are.

I think I'm gonna stop for now. I could talk forever. Seriously, I could. But right now I have to read more.

One thing to point out though; this chapter, you MAY have messed up. It may have been intentional, in which case I just may be confused, but you said:

"The second kiss was slower. Longing. And Roxas really did shiver..."

I'm guessing that "Longing" needs to be "Longer"?

Anyway. Amazing story. You're amazing. The fact that you exist also amazes me. I'm gonna continue reading now. Expect more fangirling, and more reviews. And love. I hope you feel my love showering over you. Because it is.
Blackbyrd chapter 23 . 4/13/2014
This. Damn. Chapter. Omg. Sora is just on point. Roxas's confession. "I think I fucked up." 6 years since this story was posted and I've just gleaned this gem.
Guest chapter 26 . 2/5/2014
amazing
Kaxian chapter 26 . 1/13/2014
You left me heart broken. This is the best SoRiku fanfic I have ever read for many reasons. These characters aren't even yours,but you OWNED them. You made them yours. At some point, I forgot this was a KH fanfic, I could change their names and still fall in love with the story. I identified with Riku (which is not even your original character!) Although not for the same reasons. You had me hooked to this story. In fact, as I'm writing this in my College's lobby, I'm fighting off sleep, because I didn't sleep a damn thing trying to finish this fic up. I sympathized with the characters. And this fic had so many memorable moments. Roxas crying. Riku's family. That epic fight in the bathroom (Sora's a gangsta) and...really. Everything about this fic is perfect. I was gasping, laughing, confused, annoyed...it got all kind of reactions from me.

"PDA no way!"
"Get a room!"
Oh, stfu. LOL.

But, what I liked the most about your fic is that it actually says a true story (most likely, anyway.) People are being more acceptable (or at least decide to leave it alone) about the gay community these days. Many teenagers have gone through what Riku went. And that discrimination infuriates me.

And finally, I am genuinely happy for Sora and Riku ') I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see much of them in action. But in the other hand, it leaves more to the imagination, whohoho! I was like, so fangirling over that Riku and Roxas kiss. Somehow, I didn't see that as betrayal. I really don't have the brains to go into a discussion on that matter. Someday, when I re-read that fanfic, I'll come up with a coherent reason. But I can't now. I'm currently picking up the pieces of my shattered heart.

...why? Well, I got this awful pang in my chest as I read the last two lines of the last chapter. I got so attached to the story and its characters (which I remind you, aren't yours, but you still OWNED them), just thinking about not getting to know more about their lives after high school leaves me with a longing feeling and ache. The ladybugs, skateboards, smooching, safe pins...*sighs*
Well, looks like it's up to my imagination now...and in 2013, when they're past their 30's, Sora and Riku will get married (just like Haru insisted) because same sex marriage will be legal then! Rejoice!
Animeblossom chapter 15 . 12/22/2013
I still can't get over how down to earth this story can get. That's a great skill you have and you really aspire me to write like this someday. Keep on writing! And happy holidays!
Guest chapter 26 . 10/23/2013
It's a shame such a wonderful LONG story was ruined in the very last chapter by one complete and total unnecessary moment. I don't know why you had Riku and Roxas kissing out of nowhere but like the reviewer said below it was in fact a betrayal.
Dexsin chapter 24 . 10/10/2013
I really enjoyed this entire story, and I can't say I have any problems with it...except the part where Riku Kisses Roxas. My reaction to reading that is as follows, "Lolwhut?". I understand that they COULD have had a "thing", but that doesn't mean there is really anything between them. To me, it just felt like a betrayal, on both of their parts, to Sora for no good reason. I like to just pretend that didn't happen. But aside from that, and maybe I'm the only one who disliked that and was confused by it, I enjoyed this story immensely and it was very well written.
Mimi the Brave chapter 26 . 9/15/2013
Oh God, the ending was perfect.. I feel like crying, this fic has felt like highschool times again, only with more fun and more skateboarding. Thanks for this awesome story... You rock!
Mimi the Brave chapter 19 . 9/12/2013
"They were on a date. So, that meant he should-no, wait. Roxas paid the check, that meant he was the guy. So what did girls do on dates?

Wait, that was fucking stupid. He wasn't a girl."

somehow that cracked me up so bad xDD I love your version of Akuroku!
Mimi the Brave chapter 4 . 9/11/2013
Rikus Family IS nuts, and I do too really love them, really do! I'll just keep reading now, this is great.
Mimi the Brave chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
"Intentions towards one of their one", that is the greatest way of saying it, seriously! And I loved the opening paragraph!
deleted account 3774738 chapter 26 . 8/27/2013
This is a great story I read a while ago. It has a fantastic plot, and the characters stay on the correct path and don't deter onto the OOC platform. I struggle to find a FanFiction as good as this, and it had provided me with amusement for a long while. Thank you for writing this story, and I look forward to reading more of yours soon.
Wolfheart4 chapter 26 . 8/25/2013
I have one word to describe how much I enjoyed reading this story:

holyfuckingwowthiswasgreatiwanttoreaditmoreyayreal lynicejobthisficwasamazing.
dracoXK chapter 26 . 8/16/2013
I finally remembered my log in! Rainbowyuki on tumblr mentioned this story and I'm so glad she did. I LOVED it so much. Your writing is wonderful and really brought me back to he 90's.

Thank you, thank you thank you. It was beautiful and well written and I loved the conflicts.

It was beautiful