Reviews for Boys
SerenaKo413 chapter 3 . 6/30/2015
poor skittle guy
Theresa L'Anne chapter 26 . 4/8/2015
I know it has been years since you have come to , and I know that it has been even longer since this story was finished, but I don't think I've ever left a review for this. I found this story long after it had been finished, about three or four years ago, during a Riku/Sora FF binge. It was among probably fourteen different stories that I had opened to try. I read the first couple of sentences and almost closed out of it completely because that's what I do sometimes, but I gave it another try after a finished some of the other stories.

Dear everything that is good and holy in this world am I glad that I gave this story a second chance. There are some people that are bad writers with really good ideas that keep you going, and other people who are decent writers with vaguely good ideas that you give a chance and enjoy enough that you like the story. Then there are some good writers that you adore and read every chance you get.

Then, there are authors like you.

Something about the way you write just completely engulfs the reader. Something about your style, your characterization, your sentence structure, which grammar rules you choose to ignore and when you choose to ignore them that makes this story one of the greatest things I have ever read. Better than most of the 200 stories I have favorited. Better than any of the stories that involve my actual KH OTP. Better than over half of the books on my very crowded bookshelves. I can't tell you what it is that you do that is so fantastic because, despite having gone to college to learn how to articulate what I like and don't like about stories and books, I can't put into words what this story makes me feel.

I don't know if you're like most writers who have very low self-esteem, but in case you are, let me point out that the plot of this story would have fallen very flat if it hadn't been for you. Your ability to craft these scenes and these characters made this story worth reading. And re-reading and re-reading and re-reading. I will never get tired of this story.

Some books leave you wanting more, never quite satisfying the reader's taste for them. Some books close up everything in a neat little bow leaving little to be imagined for the future of the characters. Some books try to find a balance between the two and fail miserably leaving a confused reader.

When I finish this story, I am satisfied. I would take more if you were to offer it, but I don't feel it necessary. In a way, I feel more content upon finishing this story than at any other time that I can remember in my life. No book I have read has given me quite this same feeling. You have somehow managed, without me having gone through anything remotely close to what these characters endure, to make me feel complete, relieved, satisfied, content, and a number of other emotions that I don't feel nearly often enough.

I don't know how you did it, but thank you. Thank you so much for writing this story. Thank you for finishing it and not dropping it like a lot of Fanfic authors do. Thank you for finding a way to make even the most stressful time of my life seem bearable simply through a story.

Thank you so much. I know you don't write here anymore, but I dearly hope you are still writing. Because if someone like you stops writing, the rest of us should too.

Theresa L'Anne
haizegato chapter 26 . 3/24/2015
I love this story. Beautiful and heartwarming. Thank you for writing it 3
Elayne chapter 1 . 3/9/2015
I first came across this story two years ago. I still come back to it occasionally because of what an effect it had on me. At the time I first discovered it I was going through a hard time in my life. I was severely depressed, had trouble sleeping, and was just really struggling. I came across this story and it gave me something to hold onto. It made me smile, it made me laugh, it made me feel for the first time in a long time.
So thank you stranger.
I'm a lot better now, but I figured after my 3rd time reading, it deserved a review.
Land Among The Stars chapter 26 . 1/8/2015
I’m strictly into AkuRoku, but I decided I wanted to broaden my horizons and decided to read a bit about Sora and Riku. It didn’t take long for me to find this absolute piece of treasure. First off, the way you write Sora, Riku, and especially Roxas was just…wow. Each character had such an intriguing backstory and I absolutely love how Riku and Roxas’ tied together so perfectly. All the loose ends tied up and everything made sense when it was all over, which is something writers, including myself, struggle with. Also, for whatever reason, I am in love with Roxas’ character more than anything. The bad boy persona really suits Roxas, but it takes a skilled writer to nail it, and you my dear, hit the nail on the head with that. Another thing that I absolutely loved was the development of Sora and Roxas’ friendship. It was unlike anything I’ve ever read on this site. It all started with a note and then Roxas quickly moves in with Sora, much to his immediate displeasure. I always looked forward to reading the scenes when they’re going to bed and how they’re conversations were usually personal and philosophical. It was just obvious how much Sora and Roxas grew on each other. Even their little scuffles seemed true to life.

Anyway, overall, I just felt that I needed to review this story, because it –hands down—is one of the most amazing stories I’ve read to date on this site. I think what makes this story overall uplifting is the advice the characters give throughout it. At first glance, you don’t really pay too much mind to what they are saying, but they each spout out advice that anyone struggling with their sexual orientation or bullying could take and use in their own lives. Congratulations again on creating this. I’ll be sure to recommend it to everyone I know who is into fanfiction and Kingdom Hearts.
Ran chapter 4 . 12/29/2014
riku's family is so perfect omfg
i love them
he's such a lovestruck doofus and nobody can say otherwise
Emma chapter 26 . 12/8/2014
I fucking love you, and I love Boys and the boys (and girls) in it.
Kuroshitsuji95 chapter 26 . 12/1/2014
This was one of the greatest fanfics I've ever read! It was so funny, cute, hot and f*cking adorable and I can't get enough of it! It's too bad that it has ended... I'd have liked some more, but 179,135 words are pretty damn good, so I can't complain! I really loved it and I want to thank you for writing it, so Thank you so much! 3 3 3
Cheyenne chapter 26 . 11/27/2014
Okay, this was just...I'm sitting here teary eyed with my heart taking up rooms and this was so beautiful and honest and simple and lovely. I loved reading this AU that was ever so slightly removed from today, and the characterization of the boys was golden and perfect and I'm going to lie in bed now and stare at my ceiling and think about California skies and young love and what it is that I'm doing with my life anywho. Amazing, amazing work. Thank you so much for giving this to the world.
HHIsEnough chapter 25 . 11/19/2014
I read this because a friend of mine recommended it and I was pleasantly surprised. The writing is witty most of the time and the setting and atmosphere have a distinct and consistent feel througout the story. It was nice to have characters you can imagine as you read through it but I think this could have succeeded as just fiction, not just a KH fanfiction. Any complaints I have towards this would be minor and nitpicking but I would suggest to the author that world-building is more than just the interactions of characters and the familiarity with the time period this story relies on. Nevertheless I think this succeeds in what it tried to achieve and the audience it was aimed for so kudos and keep writing more.
Mccull chapter 26 . 11/2/2014
This story was created and finished so long ago that I'm really not sure posting a review is going to do any good. I really don't even know if you're still around on this website, if you've been gone for years, or hell, if you even like your own story you wrote. (I know some of my older stuff pales in comparison to my current writing, so who knows.) But let me tell you, because if you ever get the chance to read this I hope maybe it will make you smile. Or... at the very least make you happy.

I read this story for the first time about four months ago, and instantly (INSTANTLY) fell in love with it. And the funniest part was that I really didn't understand why. It was brilliantly written, don't get my wrong, but usually I'm the kind of person who see's just how long the journey will be, and backs out at the beginning. Usually I am pecking around fanficion for smut or cutesy fluffy scenes or... whatever really. Long story short it takes a lot to get me to slow down and really read these kinds of things.

But I did. I did and goddammit I cant even function.

The first time i read it through pretty quickly. I was itching to see what would happen next and skipped over so much of it really. I didn't even really realize what significance the music had in this story the first time through. But once i finished I immediately started re-reading it again. Taking it in. I took the time to pay attention more, and that was when I really realized what this story was to me.

I've never read a story that could make me feel so absolutely destroyed before. I was so passionate about the turning of the 90's and Roxas growing up, and the music, and the way you tied things together. It was subtle most of the time, but enough to make my crazy.

I guess i just want to thank you, mostly for writing this, but also for flinging me into a whole new world. I was born in 1996, so i just bipassed the 90s (by the time i was old enough to appreciate music it was already into the 2000s) and while i always enjoyed slightly older music, i never really took the time to go out and buy a CD. Not illegally download it or buy it on Itunes. But actually BUY a REAL CD. Physical hard copy of something i could pop into my car and blast with the windows down.

I want to thank you for encouraging an ignorant eighteen year old to explore.

Oh and for the record, the CD i bought was "Nevermind" by NIRVANA. Because really, if Roxas could be so passionate about it, then i probably could too right?

One day i was at work doing something utterly mindless and on my (Recently acquired) 90's alternative station, "All apologies" came on. And had i been concentrating on anything around me, i wouldn't have realized that the words "All in all is all we are" were playing, AND they were the same words in this last chapter of this brilliant story. I had no clue there was a connection. I had no clue those words were from a NIRVANA song and not just something you came up with.

It was revolutionary for me. I realized at that moment that I had to have more.

That same night I went and bought the In Utero CD, and its by far my favorite. I think it was at this point in time that i also started researching the band and googling things about Kurt Cobain. I didn't know he committed suicide(I'm pretty sure the first time around, i skipped that chapter of the story because i was more interested in the Soriku going on, and not Roxas). I didn't know that Grunge also died at the hands of his shot gun. I didn't know anything. But hell, when i found out i went back and read those chapters i had skimped like they were my life. And in all honesty, its my favorite part of the story now.

Four months ago this was just a fanfiction i happened to glance at because "why not?" and now this story is so much to me its not even funny. So much to me it kind of hurts.

Today I found the last CD that I needed to complete the whole collection of CD's NIRVANA put out. They are all sitting in the console of my car now, along with a Sublime CD and a Weezer CD.

In January for my birthday I'm getting the words "All in all is all we are" Tattooed on my foot.

This story was more to me than just a fanfiction. It was an opening to a turning point of my life. I had just graduated, and came to terms with being an adult as well, and I discovered pieces of myself that i think i really needed to find. You and your story helped me do that.

So thank you. Thank you so much.

If you ever read this comment I hope it puts a smile on your face.
Imnotinsane chapter 26 . 10/12/2014
This fan fiction is absolutely amazing! It pulled at my heartstrings, brought tears to my eyes of both joy and sadness. In a way I could really relate to it, which frightens me to no end but also makes me proud. You're very good at writing in a way your readers can relate to. Right now I'm in such a dither I can't even finish the last chapter, because it is so relatable I've actually taken advice from it to help me through my freshman year. Hell, hockey gangs and smoking in the bathroom might not seem like very good characteristics in a person, but the things and feeling behind them all remind me of what it's like to be in high school. You got the feelings and emotions spot on, and to be honest I can say that this has taught me a lot. It often seems as though the things that teach you the most aren't even real. Keep up the good work, maybe I'll gain the heart to finish the last chapter x3... Even though I have serious detachment issues when it comes with finishing things through and through!
astarinlife chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
I cannot express how much I enjoyed this! I laughed out loud quite a lot, and for me that's a hard thing to accomplish! All the relationships were also absolutely excellent. Great job!
fuzzball-lemur chapter 26 . 9/14/2014
Great 3 3 flashback to 90's childhoodfavorite fandom... cannot get better. Very funny writing, a lot of laughs while reading :) Really well written. I enjoyed this story so much. Love looovee the part where Sora keeps thinking he's lost his skates! (laugh just thinking about that part haha)... And seeing Sora portrayed as masculine and tough is the best thing seriously ever... because he is! bottom or whatever, he's still tough and about time someone acknowledged it xD (And your AkuRoku wins)
Imnotinsane chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
This fix made me nearly per myself in the middle of class it was so funny. And I'm only on ch.2 XD
1,304 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »