Reviews for Boys
Elayne chapter 1 . 3/9/2015
I first came across this story two years ago. I still come back to it occasionally because of what an effect it had on me. At the time I first discovered it I was going through a hard time in my life. I was severely depressed, had trouble sleeping, and was just really struggling. I came across this story and it gave me something to hold onto. It made me smile, it made me laugh, it made me feel for the first time in a long time.
So thank you stranger.
I'm a lot better now, but I figured after my 3rd time reading, it deserved a review.
Land Among The Stars chapter 26 . 1/8/2015
I’m strictly into AkuRoku, but I decided I wanted to broaden my horizons and decided to read a bit about Sora and Riku. It didn’t take long for me to find this absolute piece of treasure. First off, the way you write Sora, Riku, and especially Roxas was just…wow. Each character had such an intriguing backstory and I absolutely love how Riku and Roxas’ tied together so perfectly. All the loose ends tied up and everything made sense when it was all over, which is something writers, including myself, struggle with. Also, for whatever reason, I am in love with Roxas’ character more than anything. The bad boy persona really suits Roxas, but it takes a skilled writer to nail it, and you my dear, hit the nail on the head with that. Another thing that I absolutely loved was the development of Sora and Roxas’ friendship. It was unlike anything I’ve ever read on this site. It all started with a note and then Roxas quickly moves in with Sora, much to his immediate displeasure. I always looked forward to reading the scenes when they’re going to bed and how they’re conversations were usually personal and philosophical. It was just obvious how much Sora and Roxas grew on each other. Even their little scuffles seemed true to life.

Anyway, overall, I just felt that I needed to review this story, because it –hands down—is one of the most amazing stories I’ve read to date on this site. I think what makes this story overall uplifting is the advice the characters give throughout it. At first glance, you don’t really pay too much mind to what they are saying, but they each spout out advice that anyone struggling with their sexual orientation or bullying could take and use in their own lives. Congratulations again on creating this. I’ll be sure to recommend it to everyone I know who is into fanfiction and Kingdom Hearts.
Ran chapter 4 . 12/29/2014
riku's family is so perfect omfg
i love them
he's such a lovestruck doofus and nobody can say otherwise
Emma chapter 26 . 12/8/2014
I fucking love you, and I love Boys and the boys (and girls) in it.
Kuroshitsuji95 chapter 26 . 12/1/2014
This was one of the greatest fanfics I've ever read! It was so funny, cute, hot and f*cking adorable and I can't get enough of it! It's too bad that it has ended... I'd have liked some more, but 179,135 words are pretty damn good, so I can't complain! I really loved it and I want to thank you for writing it, so Thank you so much! 3 3 3
Cheyenne chapter 26 . 11/27/2014
Okay, this was just...I'm sitting here teary eyed with my heart taking up rooms and this was so beautiful and honest and simple and lovely. I loved reading this AU that was ever so slightly removed from today, and the characterization of the boys was golden and perfect and I'm going to lie in bed now and stare at my ceiling and think about California skies and young love and what it is that I'm doing with my life anywho. Amazing, amazing work. Thank you so much for giving this to the world.
HHIsEnough chapter 25 . 11/19/2014
I read this because a friend of mine recommended it and I was pleasantly surprised. The writing is witty most of the time and the setting and atmosphere have a distinct and consistent feel througout the story. It was nice to have characters you can imagine as you read through it but I think this could have succeeded as just fiction, not just a KH fanfiction. Any complaints I have towards this would be minor and nitpicking but I would suggest to the author that world-building is more than just the interactions of characters and the familiarity with the time period this story relies on. Nevertheless I think this succeeds in what it tried to achieve and the audience it was aimed for so kudos and keep writing more.
Mccull chapter 26 . 11/2/2014
This story was created and finished so long ago that I'm really not sure posting a review is going to do any good. I really don't even know if you're still around on this website, if you've been gone for years, or hell, if you even like your own story you wrote. (I know some of my older stuff pales in comparison to my current writing, so who knows.) But let me tell you, because if you ever get the chance to read this I hope maybe it will make you smile. Or... at the very least make you happy.

I read this story for the first time about four months ago, and instantly (INSTANTLY) fell in love with it. And the funniest part was that I really didn't understand why. It was brilliantly written, don't get my wrong, but usually I'm the kind of person who see's just how long the journey will be, and backs out at the beginning. Usually I am pecking around fanficion for smut or cutesy fluffy scenes or... whatever really. Long story short it takes a lot to get me to slow down and really read these kinds of things.

But I did. I did and goddammit I cant even function.

The first time i read it through pretty quickly. I was itching to see what would happen next and skipped over so much of it really. I didn't even really realize what significance the music had in this story the first time through. But once i finished I immediately started re-reading it again. Taking it in. I took the time to pay attention more, and that was when I really realized what this story was to me.

I've never read a story that could make me feel so absolutely destroyed before. I was so passionate about the turning of the 90's and Roxas growing up, and the music, and the way you tied things together. It was subtle most of the time, but enough to make my crazy.

I guess i just want to thank you, mostly for writing this, but also for flinging me into a whole new world. I was born in 1996, so i just bipassed the 90s (by the time i was old enough to appreciate music it was already into the 2000s) and while i always enjoyed slightly older music, i never really took the time to go out and buy a CD. Not illegally download it or buy it on Itunes. But actually BUY a REAL CD. Physical hard copy of something i could pop into my car and blast with the windows down.

I want to thank you for encouraging an ignorant eighteen year old to explore.

Oh and for the record, the CD i bought was "Nevermind" by NIRVANA. Because really, if Roxas could be so passionate about it, then i probably could too right?

One day i was at work doing something utterly mindless and on my (Recently acquired) 90's alternative station, "All apologies" came on. And had i been concentrating on anything around me, i wouldn't have realized that the words "All in all is all we are" were playing, AND they were the same words in this last chapter of this brilliant story. I had no clue there was a connection. I had no clue those words were from a NIRVANA song and not just something you came up with.

It was revolutionary for me. I realized at that moment that I had to have more.

That same night I went and bought the In Utero CD, and its by far my favorite. I think it was at this point in time that i also started researching the band and googling things about Kurt Cobain. I didn't know he committed suicide(I'm pretty sure the first time around, i skipped that chapter of the story because i was more interested in the Soriku going on, and not Roxas). I didn't know that Grunge also died at the hands of his shot gun. I didn't know anything. But hell, when i found out i went back and read those chapters i had skimped like they were my life. And in all honesty, its my favorite part of the story now.

Four months ago this was just a fanfiction i happened to glance at because "why not?" and now this story is so much to me its not even funny. So much to me it kind of hurts.

Today I found the last CD that I needed to complete the whole collection of CD's NIRVANA put out. They are all sitting in the console of my car now, along with a Sublime CD and a Weezer CD.

In January for my birthday I'm getting the words "All in all is all we are" Tattooed on my foot.

This story was more to me than just a fanfiction. It was an opening to a turning point of my life. I had just graduated, and came to terms with being an adult as well, and I discovered pieces of myself that i think i really needed to find. You and your story helped me do that.

So thank you. Thank you so much.

If you ever read this comment I hope it puts a smile on your face.
Imnotinsane chapter 26 . 10/12/2014
This fan fiction is absolutely amazing! It pulled at my heartstrings, brought tears to my eyes of both joy and sadness. In a way I could really relate to it, which frightens me to no end but also makes me proud. You're very good at writing in a way your readers can relate to. Right now I'm in such a dither I can't even finish the last chapter, because it is so relatable I've actually taken advice from it to help me through my freshman year. Hell, hockey gangs and smoking in the bathroom might not seem like very good characteristics in a person, but the things and feeling behind them all remind me of what it's like to be in high school. You got the feelings and emotions spot on, and to be honest I can say that this has taught me a lot. It often seems as though the things that teach you the most aren't even real. Keep up the good work, maybe I'll gain the heart to finish the last chapter x3... Even though I have serious detachment issues when it comes with finishing things through and through!
astarinlife chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
I cannot express how much I enjoyed this! I laughed out loud quite a lot, and for me that's a hard thing to accomplish! All the relationships were also absolutely excellent. Great job!
fuzzball-lemur chapter 26 . 9/14/2014
Great 3 3 flashback to 90's childhoodfavorite fandom... cannot get better. Very funny writing, a lot of laughs while reading :) Really well written. I enjoyed this story so much. Love looovee the part where Sora keeps thinking he's lost his skates! (laugh just thinking about that part haha)... And seeing Sora portrayed as masculine and tough is the best thing seriously ever... because he is! bottom or whatever, he's still tough and about time someone acknowledged it xD (And your AkuRoku wins)
Imnotinsane chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
This fix made me nearly per myself in the middle of class it was so funny. And I'm only on ch.2 XD
DestinyCrusader chapter 20 . 8/27/2014
Just gonna throw in real quick here how well you use repetition "According to school legend..." and other instances to unify the story thematically.

Onwards.
DestinyCrusader chapter 19 . 8/26/2014
THAT WAS LIKE THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER READ.

Or at least, maybe like, the most well-written one, anyway. I loved the way you jumped around with time, how easily the reader could understand the gap. I also ADORE how easy it is to realize where that last scene fits in. I'm not even kidding when I say that reading this reminds of literature. Actual literature, not just a YA romance (which, in itself, is a great thing). You say everything at just the right time, have dialogue at the best moments. I laughed a lot in this chapter as well, like in the part where Axel basically mistakes himself for a girl.

Also, hearing parts of the story from Axel's point of view was both awfully saddening but also kind of refreshing. Good call on that, it totally gave the story even more depth.

And aw man, Roxas's whole rant about the world and it being fake and - do I have to ask you again whether or not you are a real person? No one writes this well. And then there was the whole Roxas "raw and open" and visibly suffering, and the way you described it through Axel's eyes, through the gaze of a loved one... HOWW!?

ANYWAY. One of the best chapters so far. Then again, they are all the best,

Why are you doing this to me.
DestinyCrusader chapter 18 . 8/26/2014
You.
Who are you.
Are you real.

Okay, so, honestly, I totally think you deserve like a huge-ass review from me for every single chapter I've read so far. And you might get that. You might. But right now I want to gush about how wonderful your story is. And how wonderful your writing style is. And the characters. And the plot. And the scenes. And. You're messing with my mind and my heart, and my words are getting all messed up because of you, Jeez.

Even now, I have to force myself to continue writing this review and not rushing ahead to the next chapter. But then, this is just one review within more than a thousand. Might not even men anything at all. But I have to tell you. I must tell you how amazing you are. First, I was not expecting to get so hooked into this story. Because, to be honest, I am more of a SoNami shipper, and not a SoRiku shipper. But, honestly, it doesn't even matter what you ship. Because your writing is smooth and flawless and full of similes and metaphors and symbols and hidden meanings, and I've nearly cried at how amazing your writing is, because it's somewhere I crave to be one day. I aspire to write even moderately as good as you.

What's more, you have this special way of making characters the same lovable characters we know, and yet so very different. And it makes sense, because they're in a different setting, but there are layers and layers to their personalities, to who they are and their dreams and their fears. This story is just very real, and I think that's one of the things that makes it so much more appealing.

I almost want to say that sometimes Sora feels OOC. But then you have these moments where he is so unguarded and sweet, that I forget I ever had any doubts. Sure, he's had fighting issues, but then the way you explain it, that to him it's protecting his friends... Well, that's exactly who Sora is.

And man, the way you capture every character through different POVs, their different reactions and their thoughts, and their own personal mechanisms (Sora's Fake and Ownership, Riku's constant fear that Sora will change his mind, Roxas's annoyance and memories...) is so absolutely, frustratingly perfect that I just. Can't. Get. Over. How. Good. You. Are.

I think I'm gonna stop for now. I could talk forever. Seriously, I could. But right now I have to read more.

One thing to point out though; this chapter, you MAY have messed up. It may have been intentional, in which case I just may be confused, but you said:

"The second kiss was slower. Longing. And Roxas really did shiver..."

I'm guessing that "Longing" needs to be "Longer"?

Anyway. Amazing story. You're amazing. The fact that you exist also amazes me. I'm gonna continue reading now. Expect more fangirling, and more reviews. And love. I hope you feel my love showering over you. Because it is.
1,301 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »