Reviews for A True War Story is Never Moral
Oh my god I am so confused.. but this is freaking awesome..
blueskiesandthehorizon chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
You're brilliant.
CleanSleep chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Attica, out of the hundreds of fanfiction stories ive read, yours always come up top. Poignant, beautiful, raw, and gritty. My favorite author of all time:)) thank you so much:)
Red chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
It's wonderful. One of the best fics I've ever read.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
That was a very confusing story! I thought Hermione was the nurse? and Draco was the patient? but it changed at the end. Mabey make it a bit clearer next time.
inaded chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
That diamond metaphor you wrote about people being too complex to fully fathom as a whole? That's gold right there. Pure gold. Probably one of the best metaphors about people, ever. I almost quoted you on facebook to a friend who said they couldn't understand women, except we're not that close and people don't usually like to be preached to on why they'll never understand anyone fully. And Malfoy's broken speech, with Ron getting the glass foot in the end? Beautiful. I love when things come full circle. Let's lay it all on the line, I love you, I love your writing, in the highly unlikely situation that I become super rich, I will totally get a hold of you and support you to write whatever you want forever.
Crissytje chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
He didn't believe in any of that anymore. There was only life and death, and occasionally, a little niche in the middle for anything else that happened to slip between the cracks. That was it.

That is kind of depressing:(

And I just can't believe Hermione wouldn't help Draco and just watch him suffer:( she isn't supposed to be heartless:(

Story itself was kind if sad :(
d4nc3 chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
that was so freakin confusing!
insaneprincess chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
This story is fantastic, and beyond all, realistic.

I think you really captured how these characters would act after the war, and the way that you captured their lost innocence was perfect. These characters came alive for me.

Your message about making peace with broken things was so insightful and symbolic, and I loved it.

I also loved the way you compared people's souls to the facets of diamond.

Really spectactulare ending as well, it was perfect, and the last line was striking and perfect.

Thank you for a great read, and please keep writing! :)
swishandflickwit chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Wow. . .
Lies-Taste-Sweeter-Than-Truth chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I thought the glass was at Draco's apartment...?
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
A great story. Very good.
Dark Hope Assassin chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
This is truly a very fine story, just like everything else of yours I've read. Amazing depth, incredibly well written-just brilliant.

But Draco's philosophy about having made peace with broken things was by far my most favourite part of it.
Latrodectus Mactans chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
If you don’t have anything that you would die for, what do you have to live for?

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

I loved the part about the diamond facets of people’s character and how you could never really know someone, ever. And I really loved the broken glass bit. This was extremely well written and I treasured it. You are a breath of fresh air D
RainGeist chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
That was brilliant!

“That’s the problem,” he tells her, shaking his head. “Every time something’s broken, people want to fix it. If they can’t fix it, or if it isn’t worth the fix, they want to sweep it up and throw it away – out of sight, out of mind. See, I,” he says, licking his lips, gesturing to the pile of broken glass on the floor, “have made peace with broken things.”

I loved that part. "out of sight, out of mind." How true. We recently discussed this in a class that I took. I completely agree.

I also liked that you took on the issue of revenge and redemption. I'm currently writing a story about that. I hope it comes out as great as yours, but I honestly doubt it, as it's my first Dramione fic, and I'm not that great of a creative writer. Formal essays and I tend to get along better. Eh, oh well.