Reviews for The Salem Protocol
karonkgb chapter 10 . 7/11/2013
I read this in 2008 and I'm back reading THE SALEM PROTOCAL again. How long before its the third time?
dark hope1 chapter 10 . 2/17/2012
I love it! I love how almost everyone is living under the same roof! And since I love reading stories in which the whole Batclan is getting along with each other well enough, I was sad to see Jason move away. But you really did turn me over to Roy a little since I didn't really like and not like him. And the T-Rex and the bantering between Damien and Tim in this last chapter was great. And yay for Bruce for slowly being able to talk to his kids. Great story.
AuthoressCrest chapter 10 . 1/10/2012
Awesome story! :D
TL chapter 10 . 9/2/2011
Just started going through all your Bat-Man stuff and came across this story. I must say that what you have here is so much better then R.I.P.

This was a joy to read, the proper bad guy, Strange is so much better then some Apocaliption virus infected black sheep Wyane any day.
bat-with-butterfly-wings chapter 10 . 1/18/2011
AAH! I enjoyed reading that soooooo much! Great work!
rangermaid chapter 10 . 9/10/2010
Screw Morrison, you should be writing for DC. As for the reasons...

RED JAY! Red Jay, Red Jay, Red Jay, Red Jay! (And no, I'm not poking fun at you) Nice to see someone else who has a preference to waspish/punk vigilante Jason as oposed to crazy killer Jason.

Dick was not in Batman RIP enough. True, I'm a Grayson fan-girl but he's to important in Bruce's life to not be around a whole lot. I loved the way you played with him.

The Hush thing was brilliant. I loved the whole plot of the story and acctually understood it! (Morrison gives me a headache)

A sequel wouldn't be a bad idea... (hint hint)

-Your fellow bat-lover and fan,

Rangermaid
Kelana-ti chapter 10 . 5/21/2010
I really enjoyed this version of how Damien came to live with Bruce and how Jason became good again. I liked that. Your writing was enjoyable, and I never had any trouble understanding what was going on. This story is great.
Miravisu chapter 10 . 4/19/2010
Doh, it appears I've forgotten to review the last chapter.

Anyhow, awesome story, thrilling and funny :) *applauds*
peanutmeg chapter 10 . 3/28/2010
I'm fairly new to this fandom, but I love the relationship between Bruce and Dick. I love how you've written it here! Thanks for the fic! I hope you'll continue to write. :)
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 10 . 2/18/2010
Hoo boy...

VERY nice AU take on “R.I.P.”, I have to admit.

The addition of other heroes to help Batman- beyond that ‘Heroes’ Club’ that always struck me as more of a joke than anything else- come through this latest attack was particularly effective, with Roy and Dinah’s willingness to help so promptly expertly demonstrating Batman’s high status among the DC heroes, and your explanation about how the Black Glove were able to plant the trigger phrase in Bruce’s computers seemed to be very well thought-out (I don’t know enough about computers to know if it would work, but it definitely SOUNDS plausible).

I would have liked to see more regarding what Damien and Talia were doing in the Batcave in the first place- that talk about Bruce’s will seemed like a bit of a vague reason for them to show up to me-, but your use of Jason was rather effective, presenting him as something other than the killer he’s become by analysing his own feelings about the Batman who actually DID kill the Joker and forcing him to recognise that he wouldn’t have wanted to be Robin to that Bruce’s Batman.

Of course, the scene with Batman and Nightwing ‘running the gauntlet’ in Arkham was actually more effective than the original take on events, in my opinion; the Black Glove want to really BREAK Batman, but they only released the Joker to fight him?

Seriously, Bane had at least as big an ego as the ‘Fingers’ did, and even he wasn’t afraid to give other villains the chance to put Batman down before he could do; just because the Joker has the greatest ‘bond’ with Batman doesn’t mean he’s the only guy who could kill him!

And as for the story’s conclusion...

A more straightforward clash with Hush might have been welcome- for a master manipulator we never really see that guy taking PHYSICAL action himself much; it’d be nice to see how he performs when he has to do his own dirty work more than we actually do, in my opinion-, but I can’t fault your method of dealing with Strange and Clayface, among others, and the subsequent exploration of the characters’ emotional states as Bruce attempts to mend/forge his bonds with Jason and Damien expertly demonstrated Bruce’s issues at relating to people while still managing to depict him saying the right thing.

In general, the only PROBLEM with this story is simple; you never made any reference to that ‘dossier’ Gordon received depicting Thomas Wayne as a drug-addicted orgy-organising prat (The word I want to use would probably be edited out of the review).

The evidence might have been faked, but I still feel that it added an extra twist to the scale of Batman’s struggle; he’s not only fighting to save himself, but to save the memories of the people whose loss has haunted him for his entire life...
Hieiko chapter 10 . 7/11/2009
I loved this story. Loved the whole Bat-family. :-)
Hieiko chapter 9 . 7/11/2009
Everyone was fantastic in this chapter that I don't know where to start. But my favorites have to be Joker (re: offing a Robin, and his use of the 2 red cards), Talia (basically kicking Jezebel's ass), and Jason (being gentle with Damien even though initially he said he didn't care).
Hieiko chapter 7 . 7/11/2009
Love Batman and Nightwing working together. I'd post a more coherent review, but I'm enjoying this fic too much!

(I also love that nearly all of the Bat's kids are here.)
Hieiko chapter 4 . 7/11/2009
Blanked out his own memory? Wow, Bruce, you never stop surprising me. Awesome.
Alhana-Antilles chapter 10 . 4/21/2009
Fantastic story! I especially loved the last part with Damien- you write these characters so well.

Are you planning to continue this as you've done with Locked Inside the Facade?