Reviews for Strawman
tamiiland chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Amazing. I loved the cold logic; the cruel efficiency.

That line in which you say that Jazz is arguing for the sake of face is an absolute feel-killer. Like he's also just pretending, only that, in his case, he's pretending to care. He mingles and jokes and has a good time with the soldiers but, in the end, when worse comes to worst, he knows they're expendable.

Also, the way in which Prowl seems to fit his role so perfectly - it sent chills down my spine. How can be he so cold, so seemingly detached? How can he not CARE about the fact that he is killing his comrades, even if it's strategically logical to do so? And still, I can't bring myself to resent him for the choices he's made because I know that this aloof, all-calculating, and sentient (up for debate) machine is just who he is. A rationale-ridden tactician.

This passage is one of this ficlet's many cherries on top: "They couldn't see the bigger picture, the long-term ramifications of every act. They weren't programmed to make the tough calls."

Also, the last line.

Mind: blown.

Great ficlet. I really, really enjoyed it, even if the theme was mainly sombre in nature!
Afrolady114 chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
I'll be damned if I had to ever make a call like that. Just at the wrong time, place and everything... :

Anyways this was a great story nevertheless. :D

Decisions must be made, even though they may be the hardest to live with.
Shini-666 chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
Awesome. Just awesome.

What can I say? It gives a more...realistic touch to what had always been an after school special.

It certainly makes it closer to home. Characters aren't simply black and white, the Autobots don't always do good, they have left men (or rather mechs) behind.

Very good.
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Great little story. I liked how you hinted that Prowl is emotionally affected by the decision, he is just able to push that all aside to deal with after he has done the necessary evil.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
Wow. You've managed to capture Prowl and Jazz here beautifully. I love calm both of them were throughout the situation, Jazz more hesitant, Prowl cold and calculating. But the illustration of how these difficult decisions during war must be made, whether the commanders like it or not.
Okami-chan chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
Once again, you amaze me with how utterly you are able to capture the nuances of a character. The balance between two different personalities. This also brings in the gruesome reality of war.

Very well done.
Northwest Sage chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
Great stuff; it isn't often I read a short piece that is able to express such emotion. The Jazz/Prowl exchanges were well-done, but I especially enjoyed how you portrayed Prowl's thinking. Fantastic.
ajremix chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
So very harsh and cold and practical and absolutely IC. It's painful to read from a compassionate standpoint, mostly because it really is the only option they could logically take. A wonderful sketch on the differences between the two characters as well. One of my favorite pieces.
tigerwolf204 chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Sad, but still unfortunately true in times of war.