Reviews for Paper Hearts
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
You've done a great job of aging the characters! When Bruce got out the car and laid a single rose at the spot where the Mad Hatter died, my eyes seriously watered up. Even if Tetch was a villain, it was sad to see him succumb to old age, madness, and finally, to a senseless violent act.

You did a great job of telling the story through Miss Davenport's eyes. I enjoyed her character immensely.
nisan uzumakie chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
This story is amazingly good; nce charecterisation and realy gripping; its so sad; i wanted to cry; your OC was also ood and believablel; brava;; N
Jejune Nightshade chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
It... it... it is indescribable in a very strange way. With a note of sadness yet... I don't know. But it evokes many feelings within you. Very, very, well written. I do hope that Jervis never ends up like that.
julie chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
that was a really good story... and kinda depressing... but so is life... normally i only read joker stories... but this was wonderful... poor mad hatter...
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
That is the sweetest thing I’ve read in weeks. It somehow feels right that Bruce should outlive them all, seeing how he’s sorta the only family they can rely on. Old Jervis feels very authentic, too.
Sforza chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
Oh god, this... oh god, I had someone come up and ask me why I was crying.

Oh god.

*sniffle*

I hate you a little bit, right now. But don't take that as a bad thing, okay? It's... it's actually a good thing. That makes sense, right?
shann1 chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
This was a really beautiful story. I've always found the connection the rogues have with Batman strangely touching. For all their fighting there is an unmistakable understanding as well. I also must say Miss Davenport is one of the most genuinely well written female OCs I've read in fanfiction. Overall very moving.
Wally In Aeternum chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
That was utterly lovely. Definitely had a hitch in my throat at the end...

I don't think this subject has been much addressed - what happens when the villains grow old. But it's a good question - I mean, they probably don't all sit around in a high-security seniors home and try to blow up one another's wheelchairs. This was sad...but strangely realistic.

You handled it beautifully, and I loved the characterization of Miss Davenport.

Have I mention that I love it when you write Jervis Tetch?
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Oh poor Jervis! Living on the streets and slowly dying of some little SOB kills him.*sob* I am glad that Miss Davenport was kind to him the last weeks of his for Bruce Wayne to pay a tribute to the former Mad Hatter was touching and something that Bruce would she ever find out who Jervis was? This has been a very sad and touching story.I guess the other Rogues were dead also? :(
RiddlesxandxRoses chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
This story oh my Lord, i cried...
Windrunner106 chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
This was so sad. I actually cried at the end. Poor Jervis. He finally finds someone who is willing to care for him, and he ends up getting murdered my some thug who thought he had money. What really got to me, though, was when Bruce Wayne felt bad enough to actually take the time to leave a rose at the spot where Jervis was found. That was very touching.

Great story, though sad.
Jen Rock chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
This is just so sad. It made me want to cry, especially that last scene with the elderly Bruce. Poor Jervis to never have a happy ending but at least Miss Davenport was able to be a comfort to him in his last few months. Amazing job.
The Mad Maiden chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
This story brought tears to my eyes. Why do you torture Jervis so!

A well written story.