Reviews for Phantom Wise
Jejune Nightshade chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
That is so sad. D: Tragedy at it's finest in the Batman Universe or any universe for that matter.
ThunderRiver411 chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
This is a pretty good story so far. Are you going to write more? I'm working on a crossover story at the moment if you want to check it out some time.
DrakkenWasHere chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Poor Jervis, he never seems to get his way...The Mad Hatter has always been a favorite of mine, and it has always braught me sorrow from B:TAS version of him. I do wish things would go well for him; but if it did, Jervis wouldn't be the Mad Hatter (thus not one of my favorites). *Mind shuts down*

Again, another amazing story!
RiddlesxandxRoses chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
that poor, poor man...like he needed anymore misery in his life.. Now he has that to stay in his head forever..the last thing he ever wanted to do was hurt her.. and it back fired big time... her husband should've taken the fall not him, he actually loved her...

you typed the story very well, I hope you become an author one day D
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
How strange that Jervis didn't consider what would've happened when he chipped poor Alice's husband.I did!And poor Emily Jervis,not realizing that she loves him.:( I guess he is past caring about anything or anyone now.
Windrunner106 chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Very cool story! Unlike everyone else, I don't find this sad at all! Why? Because it's Jervis' own freaking fault that she was murdered. He's so obsessed with her that he didn't stop to think of the consequences of his actions. This wouldn't have happened if he would have recognized that Emily started to fall for him. That, to me, is the sad thing. Too blinded by the woman who rejected him to see that he would probably be better off with someone else. Alice didn't (and never will) deserve him.

This is why I tend not to like Hatter/Alice Pleasance stories all that much. Too unrealistic - especially given the fact that in "The Trial" episode, when told that he could have just left Alice alone, his response was, "I'd have killed her first!" So when people are saying that it's in character for him to still love Alice or whatever, it bothers me. Jervis never truly loved Alice - he LUSTED after her. There's a big difference.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. This is an excellent piece of writing that showcases the possible consequences of an UNHEALTHY obsession with someone who doesn't return the feelings. You've got my thumbs up. D
Jen Rock chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Wow! This is just so beautiful and moving. Jervis actually had the best of intentions and I can completely see this happening but it could never end well. I love the little italacized "Hatter" thoughts as though his brain is creeping back and forth between madness and rationality. Amazing job.
Wally chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Wally here - can't seem to log in.

Just wanted to let you know that this story sort of made my week. Alice and Wonderland quotes! Jervis Tetch! Heartbreak! God, what's not to love? The poem you used for the title is one of my favourites, too. Marvellous writing - you keep getting better and better.

Except, now I feel TERRIBLE for poor Jervis. *wanders off to drink a cup of tea*
The Mad Maiden chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Oh, poor Jervis! That was just so sad.

It was really well written though. You really captured Jervis's thoughts.

Great (but very sad) story!