Reviews for Another Brother
Fae Rain chapter 7 . 9/3/2008
good story. Took me a while to find time to read it but I love it.

And now enters Aang!
Robert2 chapter 7 . 9/3/2008
And so ends their childhood idyll, such as it was. These seven chapters are a good story in themselves, and a promising start to the greater tale yet to come.

Zuko and Katara inventing their bending styles together was ewll done, and bodes well. They will have gaps in their knowledge of the fundamentals, but their unusual training should also give them surprising strengths, techniques that would simply never occur to those who have never worked with the benders of another element. For example, the direct manipulation of heat, as in the last chapter, while not as showy as juggling fire, is rich in potential, and heat behaves much like a fluid, like water (inviscid continually-created water, but all metaphors have limits) - which opens doors.

As for shipping; love is what matters, and the love of siblings is every bit as deep, as pure, as true, as that of married couples. The way this story is set up, Katara could end up loving both Zuko and Aang, and they her, without any hint of jealousy to ruin the happy end - orignal, certainly, but original is good.

However, at this point in the story, you've opened up an ocean of possibilities so much wider than the TV series, and minor variations upon that theme - another good thing about your work. We don't even know what else has changed in the world beyond the ice. Perhaps Iroh is dead, killed by his brother when he refused to say where he had hidden Zuko. Perhaps Azula has been banished from the Fire Nation, on suspicion of attempting to assassinate her father, though the proof was insufficient for her execution. Perhaps both the North Pole and Ba Sing Se have already fallen to the self-styled Phoenix King. Almost anything could have happened while Zuko grew to manhood, and the ripples of change spread - a flap of a butterfly's wing, diverting the storm.

However, even if no one is currently hunting the Avatar, or Zuko, Aang will surely want to visit the Southern Air temple, from whence there are dozens of ways the trio could get caught up in the whirl of events, and the paths ahead are truly numberless. True, some things are obvious, both small and large - Zuko encountering prejudice against firebenders in the Earth Kingdom, a final confrontation with the Fire Lord - but there is so much that is wide open, which makes for a better story.
Rizzz chapter 7 . 9/3/2008
Nice plot _

Thanks a lot for writing it!

Hm... I got a feeling this is going to be a long one because after all the real story is just beginning D

Can't wait to read how you will twist the plot now that Zuko is their comrade _~
Shadowhawke chapter 7 . 9/3/2008
Wow. That. Was. Awesome.

I loved the little drabbles, actually... they really conveyed a lot of culture and depth, and they were a pretty good picture of the happenings as they grew up. So yes, very enjoyable. And THEN I realised you were bringing Aang into this... and I couldn't help but squee.

The idea is AWESOME! A reworking of Avatar with Zuko along from the very beginning! I love it so much... before, I couldn't wait to read your chapters. Now, I am really, really REALLY looking forwards to what you make of this!
Stoptheinsanity chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
I need more...soon
Myah chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
WOOT!

Thought I'd NEVER find a use for that one! Anyway, for reference to lame play- *tosses rotten apple*

For Fire hands and Hot comment? *tosses fandom award*

Loving it! And the drabbles, as much as you hated writing them, were excellent. Especially when they figured out Zuko was taller than Sokka... and when his voice cracked. ;D
Sumhope chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
AANG!

wow this fic is great!

eagerly awaiting more!
laughingst chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
I liked it all - nothing seemed like a drabble to me! Wonderful addition to the story.
blonde-gal chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
Well I'm going to say the mysterious boy is Aang. But you know that is a completely random guess, *sarcasm evident*. I loved how at the beginning, even though it was drabble like, I enjoyed how you showed the relationship between Katara, Zuko and Sokka. Zuko and Sokka getting drunk is funny. Great chapter. Update Soon!
Mikomi-chan chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
Is this a zutara romance story?

How old are they now?

Zuko is supposed to be one year older than sokka
ViolotQ chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
o! so whos gonna b zuko if hes at the water tribe? would it b iroh? huh? HOW DARE U LEAVE US IN SUSPENSE!
Saber Girls chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
Woohoo!
wolf's lament chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
I loved the last line! I can really picture Zuko checking if Aang's alive by prodding him with his foot.

I liked the drabbles, but I can understand you not liking to write them as it's hard to develop a story in a short space, but they were all well written. I particularly liked the stories of Sokka and Zuko reaching puberty.

Guess I'll have to wait for another chapter before Aang shows up, and will the Fire Nation be there? I have to admit, part of me is hoping that Zuko meets Iroh at some point in the story. I'm interested in how you're going to interpret the series with Zuko along.

I can't wait to read the next chapter (as always)! You know how to keep someone hooked!
Lils chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
Great chapter! I'm so happy that you've finally brought Aang into the story! Can't wait to read more! Keep up the good work!
lazyguy90 chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
Haha, oh my god this is such a cool idea. I can't wait for your next update. It's gonna be brilliant. I wonder how different the whole Avatar tale will be with Zuko at their side... Who will chase them? What will happen? (dramatic gasp) Anyway, fantastic work. Keep at it
3,039 | « Prev Page 1 .. 175 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 195 .. Last Next »