Reviews for Another Brother
Shadowhawke chapter 4 . 8/23/2008
Whoah... powerful and thrilling and realistic, which is what is incredible about this. I love it all, from Zuko's new appearance to the memory and to the way he used the firebending. Awesome work.
Shadowhawke chapter 3 . 8/23/2008
Yep. I'm going to review you every chapter as I read along because you deserve it. Awesome, awesome, awesome work! I love the tension and the story... gah, words can't describe it (and I call myself a writer... -_-). Even though he's been voiceless for so long, Zuko's words slot in naturally here, and I also love how both of them turn to Sokka for guidance.
Shadowhawke chapter 2 . 8/23/2008
Wow, this was incredible. I'm loving this story more and more with every chapter. They're delightfully long and engaging, and I can't help but absolutely adore the way you've drawn the characters. Also, I'm just wondering... are you planning to make Zuko a mute forever? Just curious, although if that's a major part of your story, I won't blame you for not answering!

Again, excellent work. Now I'm going off to read more _
Shadowhawke chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Wow. This is incredible! I love the premise and the way that you've written it, and the inherent mystery is compelling. I'll definitely be following this with a close eye, awesome work!
crytal chapter 5 . 8/23/2008
very well. i love your work
mangafangirl chapter 5 . 8/22/2008
This is an amazing story! I can't wait for the next chappie ;D
Thornwitch chapter 5 . 8/22/2008
That was an awesome chapter. Y'know, the first time I noticed the Water Tribe women burning wood at the South Pole, I was like, "What! that doesn't make sense!" Probably if they're close enough to the equator to have a forest, the sun won't dissappear completely, or at least not for very long. I like your concept, though.
Boo-82 chapter 5 . 8/22/2008
Excellent chapter once again! I love the title reference to the story title. This story stays my undisputed favorite.

And what a surprisingly twist you've added with the possibility of Zuko's death during winter caused by lack of sun. Within the mythological world of Avatar it sounds perfectly reasonable and it makes me curious what will happen to Zuko during those days without sun. I hope he will pull it through.

I was surprised by the story twist that Hakoda hadn't noticed yet that Zuko belonged with him, but he accepted it in a touching way.

I also liked Katara and Zuko's exploration of each others element. He seemed hurt when Katara only bothered about loosing a bending teacher if he was forced to leave. It's interesting they actually felt guilty when Sokka cought them.

What I love in this story are the subtile, unconnected pieces of memory in Zuko's mind that pop up when something remembers him of those facts, like the Hall of Ancestors. The bittersweet moment where he mentions the word banishment is absolute brilliant in this respect.

I was touched when Hakoda called Zuko his son after the decision was made to give Zuko to him and I was positively surprised by your realistic outtake on the adoption. It is very likely that in a society like the world of Avatar, with the adoption of an older child than ones own, the rights of the firstborn would go to the child who is indeed senior to the other children, regardless of the background of that adopted child.

Although Sokka of course can't forsee that and likes to think of Zuko as the younger brother because of his inexperience with their culture. It's very likely that if he got the chance, he would gladly take the role of the teacher/leader (like in the first episode of book 1). It's interesting to see if Zuko will let him.

Concluding, I find the mentioning of the legal implications of Hakoda's decision to be one more example of how well you have thought the details of your story through.

However, since Zuko indeed biologically is one year older than Sokka, I'm sure their true age difference will show anyway when Zuko hits puberty earlier than Sokka, haha!

Hope you will update soon!
Sunbattle chapter 5 . 8/21/2008
Ooh! It's so cute! That's an interesting twist on the sun, i like it, and it seems fairly logical. Good job!
willowedc chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
I adore your story...I checked every day for a week to see if you updated :)

Your use of language conveys the characters actions with out seeming overly cartoon-y (I know, I know...but it's one thing to watch the cartoon and the other to have to attempt to read it) and you've taken our beloved characters to a place that could be.

So koo-doo's to you-o and thanks for the fun...your boss just needs to pay you to help amuse us.
laughingst chapter 5 . 8/21/2008
wow. Awsome! I've never thought about it like that before... it makes sense, the whole benders w/o their elements thing. GREAT plot development, can't wait for the next chapter XD
Super Davis chapter 5 . 8/21/2008
The water tribe meeting was well done, but Kana's speech was quite a twist. Bending sickness seems like quite an edge to add, especially with the use of the sun and moon as figures. How Zuko turns out and how his unique setting effects him will be interesting to see, as well as the results of Zuko and Katara's continued bending. (If they do so)

Sokka's feelings for Zuko seemed mask (When around him), as if he doesn't completely want show them. Maybe, it's the edge of Zuko being re-made into a fire bender, but the bond they'd formed before doesn't seem to be around as much in Zuko's presence, although it is around Hakoda. The brother relationship between the two does seem like it's going places though.

Which brings me to the point that it's nice to see a family building up and that I feel there will be a twist with Auya.

Outside of this, the chapter's up to par grammatically and spelling wise, except for the first sentence in Zuko's awakening. You forgot the "unusually," I believe.

That's it for now.

Keep writing,

- Super Davis
Given Up chapter 5 . 8/20/2008
I was so happy to see your story updated that I waited a whole day to read the chapter. Yea, I'm wierd that way. It was worth both waits though.

Your explanation of the long winter affecting firebenders threw me for a loop. Honestly, it made too much sense and made me wonder why no thought of it before. The whole council meeting was well done, I can see the group leaning the ways they did. In a way, I'm certain that if Zuko didn't have this "test" ahead of him, the council would never have agreed to let him stay. Good plot device.

I had to stop a little at Sokka's big brother status. He really should be the big brother (once again made total sense), but the thought of Sokka being more mature than Zuko struck me as...well...Sokka's my second favorite character, and he's smarter than many people give him credit for but...I still can't see him as "older" than Zuko. Zuko is a year older than Sokka (checked Avatar Wiki - I was bored too), but it's not the physical age difference. It's the mental age difference. Sokka and Zuko have always struck me as the simalar age in that instance, cause both had to grow up before they're time, but Zuko always had the edge. I can see Zuko (even at this age) admiring Sokka as an equal, and even copying Sokka in an attempt to fit in, but never looking up to the water tribe boy. Not to say it's impossible. Just look at chapter 3, when Zuko looked to Sokka cause Katara did made sense, but what will happen when Zuko becomes more sure-footed in the tribe going-ons. The two could become more like "twins" in the fact that they take turns being the oldest while Sokka retains the title... I know, my mind ponders the oddest things.

Thanks a ton for the chapter! I'll await the next eagerly.
BlackWingsRainbowTips chapter 4 . 8/20/2008
I love this story so much! Everyone's in character and it seems so realistic. I really want Zuko to stay with the water tribe.

StormN624 chapter 5 . 8/20/2008
Wow, ok this is officially one of the most interesting AR's I have read, please, please continue.
2,945 | « Prev Page 1 .. 175 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 195 .. Last Next »