Reviews for Another Brother
terracannon876 chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
! Zuko's staying~ Well ... it's both good and bad, but still the best choice D I like how you think of bending being part of the spirit. It makes sense, too, especially considering how the ability to bend depends on the person and emotions and such.

On another note, with that single memory, it's going to be incredibly easy to find out who Zuko really is later on ... *feels the anxiety*

Thanks for the chapter 3 (on another note, what's the news with Aang thus far? D)
Handerra chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
Good job.
LinaStar chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
I am lucky to have found this story! It's fantastic! I don't know where to begin! The suspense of Zuko's forgotten past, the rocky relationships he has with the people of the Water Tribe, the incredible characterization of the lead characters... it's all so well written! I hope that you will continue to write this story as it is a gem in the making :)
Loiel chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
This is so cute. It's going to be interesting to see how Zuko grows up with a stable father figure. And omg, I love the Sokka's reaction to learning he is getting a brother. Please keep this story up, it's great.
Dark Inu Fan chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
I really hope that Zuko is strong enough to fight out the winter. If he wasn't able to, that'd be a really short epic story, huh? Keep up the good work, dark
blonde-gal chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
I loved when Sokka said he was hungry. I don't want Zuko to die. Maybe because the people in the South Pole will rely on fire to keep them warm Zuko won't die because he won't be separated from his element. I thought that you wrote the scene with the tribe deciding Zuko's fate beautifully, you captured the hurt from the fire nation raids but combined it with the sympathy of Zuko being just a child and rejected from the world. I also enjoyed how you slipped in the word "banishment" to show that while Zuko doesn't consciously remember his life in the fire nation specific details and words are embedded in his subconscious. Great chapter. Update Soon!
Inkbug chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
This is such a fantastic fic.

You've got a very good, clear writing style which I really admire. (I wish I could be as clear with my own words honestly.)

I'm really interested to see the direction you're going with this, and am looking forward to another chapter. Hopefully soon? :)

Keep writing!
Syesha chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
Another excellent chapter! The way you've structured the Water Tribe is very believable, and I think your theory is quite interesting and possibly true. We don't have anything in canon refuting it, and Firebenders are certainly susceptible to the cold (BR), at the very least. If I had to pick any character to withstand something like this, Zuko tops my list. One of his marks in canon is his unwavering determination, and you've put that aspect of him forth here. I look forward to your next update!
lazyguy90 chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I can't wait for the next update. I'm already dying to know what you're gonna do next! I hope you update real soon, I'm not sure I can wait that long, haha. Keep up the great work. Hmm... I'd hate to see what would happen if Zuko spent three months in never ending sunlight instead. He'd probably be bouncing off the walls... All the time, and probably wouldn't even be able to get any sleep. It'd be like having the ultimate sugar high or something.
overactiveimaginaton39 chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
Interesting twist to the story, but so sad. I never thought about the long winter nights and their effect on firebenders. I thought the chapter (like all the previous ones) was expertly detail in the storytelling was superb! You have taken a plot that has been done before and really made it something else entirely. What a sad, but honest statement about fear and predjudice. And yet you portray such honesty and love in Hakoda and his children.

Keep it up with both stories.I enjoy them so much!
nolongerpostingonthissite chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
Great chapter. I'm really digging this story. And the idea that firebenders would be weaker in the winter makes perfect sense to me. And it's an original idea. I haven't come across it before in fanfic. Good job!
3VAD127 chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
At first, I was curious of your theory, but now, it actually makes sense. Not many people have tried to go off and create their own ideas about bending, but I think you've successfully pulled it off. Bending is really a part of someone, not only physically but also spiritually.

Yes, Zuko has a family now! :) I guess all we can do now is sit back and hope he can survive the winter... (Of course we're fairly certain he will, it's just all a matter of getting there.) As usual, it's great so far. Really informed! You learned all that at work, you say? ... Nice. xD

-3VAD
Chocosaiyan chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
O.O Wow.. Who'da thunk it? That theory makes sense. I never would of thought of that. Oh well... HORAY for a nice long chapter!
wolf's lament chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
Makes perfect sence to me, though I have to admit I hadn't thought about the nothern and the southern hemispheres, but it's logical they would be in summer when the north is in winter and vice versa.

This might be a bit of a weird question, but since Zuko isn't being taught by the Fire Nation (at least from memory) does that mean he'll be teaching himself the 'pure' form or will his just be a fire form of water bending (both of which Zuko uses in the series), or something else completely different? Sorry that suddenly started to nag at me and you're going into such a nice amount of detail that it makes me think about the way bending would work in an AU setting. The thing about fire benders dying from lack of sunlight also makes sense since most can't seem to use the 'breath of fire.'

I love the originality of your story and the idea of Katara and Zuko helping each other to learn is really good. I'm wondering if they'll both learn some basic moves of each other's elements... but I speculate too much. As always I look forward to the next chapter.
nightdrive23 chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
I was so happy to see an update notice on this story when I checked my email. This story is so good. I love how Hakoda finally accepted Zuko as his son.

In the actual show Zuko is older than Sokka. I am guessing Zuko doesn't know how old he is yet, unless you mentioned it earlier and I forgot, are you going to keep the age differences the same as they were in the show?

Anyways, I look forward as always to your next update.
2,927 | « Prev Page 1 .. 175 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 195 .. Last Next »