Reviews for The Things That Come Back to Haunt You
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
The revenge idea was a good one, and using Sam to get to Dean. Dialogue is sound and your descriptions are good. It was hard to read, purely because of the formatting, so I guess that's something to check.

As a point of interest, dislocations do become permanently weak joints if they're out too long. And the pain from a dislocated shoulder, particularly one put under a lot of stress as with Sam, would have knocked him out after less than a half an hour. Nervous systems have a shut down mechanism in the face of sustained serious pain :)
Wynefred chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Ah, a nice happy ending. I loved that the boys chatted about mundane things and gave themselves a little break from thinking about work.
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Some of the things I enjoyed about this story: It generally flowed nicely. Sam's thoughts pre-abduction were very true to character, as were Dean's thoughts the next morning about what happened to Sam. Liked Dean's line here: "Dean was hoping to God that Sam had hooked up last night. If that was the case, he was so getting his ass kicked when Dean found him."

Liked the whole quandary about the Impala and the cops impounding it. The arsenal is definitely a problem if the Impala is ever taken. Also Dean being arrested because his FBI con didn't work - it really kicked up the heat a notch, made us worry that Sam wouldn't be saved.

The demon was a hardcore torturer... It's always hard for me to read about the boys being tortured. Especially effective (and painful) was the scene where Sam is hanging with the dislocated shoulder. Loved the line "I'll be back later, to draw some blood." which made me think of a doctor. Chilling.

The only line that threw me was the first line, "Dean was enveloped in nothingness." At first I took that literally (this is, after all, Supernatural) and didn't know that he was sleeping. Other than that, though, the story really worked for me, all the way through. Short, riveting and fun (except for the torture). :)
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Sam going out for drinks and Dean being ill is a new one, usually it's the other way around.

I'm not sure I agree that Dean would go after the car before looking for Sam even with the weapons in the trunk, but I definitely think it adds to the suspense. Perfect way to get to Dean though...Sam is his biggest weakness. Drawing blood? *shiver* Torturing Sam like that churns my stomach. Great use of descriptors, I actually cringed while reading.

Dean flirting with the female cop was SO typical! Then I laughed out loud when I read the "my dog ate it" line. And 'sweet cheeks'? Bobby bailing him out and keeping an eye on him? Very reminiscent of the younger Dean we fell in love with early on. Lord, I miss him!

If I can make a suggestion, you may want to consider making this a T. I didn't see anything in it that I felt required an M rating. The defaults on the site are set to only bring up stories with ratings between K and T, so readers have to do extra work for M. Changing your rating may get you some more traffic. Just a thought!
celeste301 chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Poor Sam :(

loved the Dog ate my permit line lol. Classic Dean, and Yay! for Bobby saving them :)
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Enjoyed your story! I'm surprised at Dean though allowing himself to get caught be the cops like that!