Reviews for First Impressions
Rakusa chapter 5 . 2/3/2010
I like both of your thoughts on the phasing, but perhaps until they reach a certain age they still have that chromosone and thus she can't see them pre-phase- hence not being able to see Jacob or his father because he was there with them- and she might be able to see the tribe but since there are the youngins and phasers, she can't see it either. One comment though- how did Alice "see it" only after Edward left Bella's house? She wouldn't have been able to see any of it. I'm looking forward to the ball game, but a Q- how come Alice doesn't see them arriving earlier? She'd seen them change directions at the last moment in Twilight, but they had already been on the outskirts of town, not arriving by dawn the next day like you've set up. Other than that, ABSOLUTELY adore the fic!
Rakusa chapter 4 . 2/2/2010
I love this story and how fast its moving, can't wait to see more. I love this pov and all of the ones you've done so far... there might need to have a little more of tonal differences between Esme and Carlisle... I kind of thought it was a continuation of Carlisle's until she started messing with the furniture... But beyond that, very nicely done. This chapter made me think about something I always wondered about after New Moon, Meyer made rosalie's character slightly deeper in that book and a little deeper again in Breaking Dawn, however I always felt Meyer didn't do Rosalie justice, either she should have been that shallow and vindictive, even Edward thinks so in his Midnight Sun pov, or she should have seemed deeper throughout, it didn't jive so well, and I think you did a good job on making it jive better. I'd love to see a more indepth and better look into Rose's character, giving her more factions and well-rounded, humanistic qualities, not necessarily though in this story... probably prefer a completely different story for that, as it wouldn't jive with yours, but it is a thought. One that you made me think about.
KeepSmilingItMakesPeopleWonder chapter 5 . 1/23/2010
I love it! 3
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 5 . 1/11/2010
This chapter was so fun! I've always liked Emmett, and that was one of the things I'd missed in the books, learning more about him. You really got into his head! Again, this is like reading extra chapters from the originals. You're a great writer!

As far as Alice being able to see the Quileutes before they begin phasing, I think I have to agree with the first theory, that because of their genetic makeup, she can't seem them at all, even before they phase. But it could be a little of the other theory, too. I think it was a good idea to have Edward listen in to hear Bella's conversation, though, because you just KNOW he wouldn't have left and not listened! Plus, like you said, it then made it so that Alice wouldn't have had to look and realize she couldn't see them.

I'm on my second time through the books (I'm a late convert, but now totally engrossed and obsessed!), but on my third run-through, I'm going to read YOUR stuff along the way, and consider them part of the story. So thanks again. You've made my day. Heck, week. No, MONTH!

Debbie
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 3 . 1/11/2010
Okay, I mean this as a total compliment-reading your writing is like reading Stephenie's outtakes! It fits seamlesslly into the books. In fact, as I read this chapter, I followed along with the book and it was amazing! I actualy have the same feeling I had reading this as I did when I read Midnight Sun. It's just so wonderful to get the others' viewpoints! You're so very talented. Please continue! It's wonderful! It's like these scenes should've been in the original books! Thank you again.

Debbie
crazyperson101 chapter 5 . 1/9/2010
this storyy is briilliantt

really reallyy goodd!

emmett and jaspers POVs were my favouriteess!

xoxox

m.b
DancingInTheRain11 chapter 5 . 1/4/2010
I liked the rest of it but not really this chapter but overall great jpob
Pistis Sophia chapter 2 . 12/31/2009
really happy story..made me smile
Kalea Eginko chapter 3 . 12/23/2009
Hi!

What's going on with this fanfic? PLEASE, UPDATE SOON! I love the change of POV, but I would like to ask you for Edward's POV for the next chapter.

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!

If you need help, I would be more than happy to give you a hand! But update soon, please!

Best

Kalea
LaurelBeeGee chapter 5 . 12/12/2009
I'm pretty sure that's it's the fact that Alice has never experienced being a wolf/shape-shifter, whereas she has experienced being a human and she is experiencing being a vampire, so she can't see the wolfs. That also explains how she can see her own kind better than humans, because that's what she is now. In Breaking Dawn it's said that Renesmeé has a lot in common with the wolves/shape-shifters and that she's a blind spot, and Alice says she can't see her as she has never experienced being a human-vampire Hybrid before, which I can only assume is the same kind of situation with the pack. And if you wanted an excuse for Alice being able to see the pack before they're wolves, just say the gene making the shape-shifters hasn't been activated yet, so therefore they still qualify as still human and Alice would be able to see them.
KristyRose chapter 5 . 11/29/2009
Hey, it's me again! I loved this so much. I love how you switched points of view but kept the story moving forward. Getting deeper into understanding and appreciating Emmett's love for Rose was really nice to read. You portrayed that VERY well.

I am also quite scientific and so I thought about whether Alice could see Jacob. My theory is different from both of your betas. Ok here goes...

At the point in time of this story Alice can see Jacob. That doesn't change until around the time the Cullens leave. Whether EVERY Quillette has the extra chromosome I'm not sure (seeing as Leah was a surprise to the tribe that she carried it), but I do believe even Billy Black carries it. If the Cullens arrived during his generation it would have come out of its dormant state and he would have shapeshifted. I believe that every elder and some other tribe members have the extra chromosome, but it only comes into fruition when vampires show up. Therefore, as I said, it is dormant until a need arises and therefore they are still fully human until then. Just as chromosomes develop in a pregnancy, Jacob goes through a changing process making him become dimmer until he disappears to Alice.

Of course since Edward told Alice not to look for Bella's future, the only time she could see was in one of her automatic psychic moments (when the wolves weren't around), during something vital, like the cliff dive. While riding motorcycles even Bella noted Jacob was changing dramatically and therefore I saw it as he was developing the chromosome, making him invisible or nearly invisible to Alice. Definitly not visible enough for Alice to have an automatic vision.

I relate Jacobs change to a pregnancy too because in Breaking Dawn, Bella becomes less and less visible as her baby develops into her 24 chromosome self. Lastly, Bella's transformation is the same, and opposite of Jacob's. Those three days of her body changing from 23 to 25 chromosomes makes her clearer to Alice (remember she says to Edward during the change that "It won't be long now, Bella is becoming much clearer to me"), while as Jacob changes and his dormant 24th chromosome comes alive he must have gradually disappeared to Alice though she wasn't "watching" to see it happen.
Lori94 chapter 5 . 11/22/2009
I think Alice could see the wolves before they phase... I totally think thats possible!
DarkLovegood chapter 5 . 11/5/2009
haha "Edwin" thats awesome! cant wait for some more XD
SerenShadow chapter 5 . 10/31/2009
Awesome fic! Loved Jasper and Emmett's Pov best! ;)

Will you be continuing this? Emmett still hasn't met Bella formally yet...and they do have that brief interlude in the jeep after they meet the nomads...he calls her "diabolical" when she explains her plan.. That would make a great chapter as well!

-Lisa-Marie
cinroc chapter 5 . 10/29/2009
That was great story. Thanks for sharing it.
338 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »