Reviews for We've Got a Long Way to Go
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 2/12
This is a satisfying portrayal of Renji. This Renji isn't too dumb nor too clever; he's talented but arrogant. He makes mistakes with Rukia and owns them-at least internally-but doesn't change his habits. Cowardice mixes with scrappy fighting spirit and a strong (if bent) loyalty and all the flaws and good traits mix so I like and cheer Renji on in reaching his goals, all goals save winning the girl. You capture Renji's spark and sadness and overall there's a sense of hope that buoys everyone up.

There were a few rough spots in the prose, places where I think a word was missing or tenses were mixed up. But the imagery and pacing are good, as well as the emotions and interactions between friends.

I really enjoyed this. Thanks for writing!
actlikealadythinklikeaboss chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
NO WORDS. this was absolutely amazing and heartbreaking and beautiful. i'd love you forever if you decide to write something about chapter 423. ;D

but yeah. LOVE THIS.
VanishingSoul chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
This was absolutely, undoubtedly amazing!
Scarlett Letter chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
This is simply amazing. Emotions, thoughts, feelings...they were all captured elegantly.

I'm not a big fan of Renji but you might have converted me.

Great job
NiceCupOfTea chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
I just adore this one
xSolitude's Shadowx chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
D This was really good! Can't wait for more!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
RENJI ! AH..
Verboten Byacolate chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Oh my. This is an amazing, well-written, beautiful, clever, sad, wonderful, other-flattering-words oneshot. But I'm confused. Why do you have so few reviews?

Pah. Whatever.

I love Renji's point of view. I love his encounter with Ichigo. I love the emotion behind it all. You captured it so well. My heart ached for Rukia at the beginning-ish.

Please continue to write like this. It's beautiful and definitely made of win.

bya
TXJ chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
this was really enjoyable.
randomcat23 chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
You know, for something so long it sure went by fast. This is the best thing I've read all day.

I really enjoyed the added conversations and scenes with Ikkaku and the conversation with Byakuya. I was always mad that we never saw how their talk went.

As a Renji/Rukia fan, of course I'm sad that it looks like its going to be Ichigo/Rukia, but I guess as long as there is stuff like this to read, I can't complain.

And, I suppose I'll end it here, before it turns to rambling.

Thanks for the great read!
Navirae chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Windy...you have no idea how happy I am right now. This is just the best! Renji is my absolute favorite male character in Bleach, and to FINALLY read such an awesome fic dedicated to him is such a treat! Thank you so much for this! Such a sweet birthday gift, thank you! *HUGS*
causmicfire chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Wow...that is what you've reduced me to.

I love that this follows Renji through the entire SS arc, you did a really great job of conveying his character, and his purpose for joining the ranks. Great job!