Reviews for Beyond the Rising Sun
What a beautifully-written story! I'm not sure how I ever missed this one, but I am so glad I found it and definitely see myself returning to it whenever I need a reminder of how awesome Zutara is. I watched ATLA as a teenager (dating myself, I know) and your story took me back to both the show and being young again. It had the perfect amount of angst, snark, romance, and humor (I may have laughed a little too hard at the "party on" comment). It didn't drag on forever, didn't have to rely on bizarre and often irrelevant plotlines to move the Zutara relationship along. I also really appreciated your thoughtful characterizations of Zuko, Katara, and Aang. I really could go on and on, but I'll just say again that I really enjoyed this fanfiction and want to thank you for writing it!
CasaCan chapter 16 . 5/25
I balled my eyes out so many times throughout this; so heartbreakingly beautiful with a perfect happy ending. I loved it so much :)
Secret.Identities chapter 16 . 5/5
I saved the story as a favorite twice, just to make sure.
BEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFULBEAUTIFUL
JLdark chapter 3 . 2/22
Well that was fun, I enjoyed the part of Zuko and Katara it was nice, although I find the nickname a little weird, I don't know if I will get used to it; and Mai was the one who broke up with Zuko! At first I didn't understand her reaction until he made the comment about him and Katara, it was a surprise, better keep reading.
JLdark chapter 2 . 2/22
On conflicted Zuko, who does not like a conflicted Zuko!? This was good, I look forward to the ceremony, but it seem Zuko will have to face his past I just hope nobody ruins the party. I'm guessing Mai and Zuko will have to talk about them, if they decide to move on, but for now they just have to enjoy the party, it seem it will be a big one.
JLdark chapter 1 . 2/21
While looking for a Zutara story I found the sequel to this story and thanks to your instructions here I am, reading the beginning of what it looks like an amazing story, the start was kind of bittersweet, Zuko is suffering and feels for his sister, and even I feel that she deserves a second chance if she recovers, it could happen but I'm not completely sure if she will heal; it seems everyone else is moving with their lives and even the fire nation is adapting thanks to Zuko's efforts and Aang too. Anyway enough of my rambling I think I will enjoy this story.
JazzCarnival chapter 16 . 2/16
I absolutely loved this fic! I actually read Koh's Reckoning first and that was a great fic too! I really really loved this. It was so beautifully-written, especially these last two chapters. I liked how you were able to put into words how Ursa really brought the family together. I think they didn't give Ursa's character enough justice in the comic. Like, why would she choose to forget everything. She was really ooc in there.
ANYWAY, I am also a big fan of Azula-changing-for-the-better stories and Ozai-really-loved-Ursa theories! (I am a lowkey Urzai shipper!)
But man, Katara's so weak around Jet it makes me frustrated. I cringe so much at Jetara scenes that I skip them (sorry). I really couldn't take it haha.

Overall, THIS WAS AWESOME
thank you!
I hope you write more.

p.s. I looked at the other stories you wrote and, DUDE U WERE A KATAANGER? that is very interesting. Glad you converted (just kidding)
zezily chapter 16 . 12/22/2016
Well, you used up half my day on this story that was absolutely beautiful, so thank you.
Before this i didn't really care for any of the ships in the series, but you have reverted me to this ship, so thank you?
It had a good plot and it tied everything up with a little bow, that the series didn't cover :D
Wahboop chapter 16 . 11/25/2016
That was such a beautiful story! Emotions were conveyed so well, and he different types of relationships one can have were explored very thoroughly. The whole thing came to a close with no loose ends, and honestly I see this as the ending ATLA should have had, rather than the mess they made with continuing the storyline in Korra. Amazing.
Guest chapter 16 . 9/10/2016
Beautifully written, nicely put together - albeit the journeys to and from the earth kingdom could have been more detailed in my own opinion. Refreshingly larger vocabulary compared to other stories on this site, and all together a very enjoyable read. I look forward to reading more work from you!
Yuya-Hime chapter 16 . 8/20/2016
boouuuhhhhouuuhhoouuhhooouuu Y.Y
DayDreamer2796 chapter 16 . 8/15/2016
This is one of the most beautiful piece of writing I've ever read! It's emotional and riveting. Great job!
Kina Kalamari chapter 16 . 8/11/2016
Wow.

I know I have more words for this story somewhere in my head, but that was the first one that came to mind.

The way you deftly moved through multiple different plot points was fantastic. It felt perfectly cohesive, but by the time I got to end, the beginning felt distant, in the way that only comes from a very deep story or actually living through things.

I absolutely loved that this last chapter was from Azula's POV, and the last two paragraphs were beautiful and so powerful.

Amazing work, all around. I loved this story.,
lakeya2700 chapter 16 . 8/1/2016
This story was beautiful
Guest chapter 11 . 7/5/2016
You totally undermined any buildup between Zuko and Katara here... sure you can argue rebound a bit, but in having Katara fall into Jet's arms so easily just makes anything between her and Zuko totally shallow to me.