Reviews for Beyond the Rising Sun
Beautifully written, nicely put together - albeit the journeys to and from the earth kingdom could have been more detailed in my own opinion. Refreshingly larger vocabulary compared to other stories on this site, and all together a very enjoyable read. I look forward to reading more work from you!
Yuya-Hime chapter 16 . 8/20
boouuuhhhhouuuhhoouuhhooouuu Y.Y
DayDreamer2796 chapter 16 . 8/15
This is one of the most beautiful piece of writing I've ever read! It's emotional and riveting. Great job!
Kina Kalamari chapter 16 . 8/11

I know I have more words for this story somewhere in my head, but that was the first one that came to mind.

The way you deftly moved through multiple different plot points was fantastic. It felt perfectly cohesive, but by the time I got to end, the beginning felt distant, in the way that only comes from a very deep story or actually living through things.

I absolutely loved that this last chapter was from Azula's POV, and the last two paragraphs were beautiful and so powerful.

Amazing work, all around. I loved this story.,
lakeya2700 chapter 16 . 8/1
This story was beautiful
You totally undermined any buildup between Zuko and Katara here... sure you can argue rebound a bit, but in having Katara fall into Jet's arms so easily just makes anything between her and Zuko totally shallow to me.
kushka chapter 16 . 3/7
Great story
NeverBeforeOrAgain chapter 15 . 1/4
So beautiful! I love Zutara! I see there is a sequel, I can't wait to read it!
Guest chapter 16 . 12/7/2015
I stumbled up on your story a day ago and just couldn't put it down. It really is an amazing story. You should be very proud of it.
Anon chapter 16 . 10/13/2015
I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this story, from romance to tragedy, but it was the final epilogue that left me breathless. Of all the stories I've read, Azula has been incarcerated, tortured, and/or murdered. While each of those options have their own merit, the way you wrote her was beautiful. If Zuko could find redemption, there's no reason Azula should be exempted from it. Her arrival at the Air Temple took me back to Zuko and Iroh on their little ship: Zuko lost and full of rage and Iroh slowly tempering him into a great man. I can imagine that a short trip between Azula and Iroh might give her some perspective and help her heal as a person, as it did for her brother. My heart swelled with Zuko and Katara's budding romance and Ursa's passing has me homesick for the simple anchor of what my mother's perfume smells like. You are a fantastic writer and although it's been awhile since you've posted this story, I thought you should know that people are still enjoying it long after the source material ended. Thank you for the wonderful read.
Dr.BlackCoffee chapter 16 . 9/17/2015
That. Was. Amazing. (speechless) O.O
Morna chapter 9 . 9/11/2015
So glad I am reading this after it is finished because that cliff hanger would kill me. so glad you resurrected Jet!
Morna chapter 7 . 9/8/2015
Wow, that scene with Katara gave me chills. Ozai's confession was really shocking but very in character.
kushka chapter 16 . 7/11/2015
Beautifully well written. Loved every moment of this reading. Enthralled from beginning to end.
Olive Tree Hugger chapter 16 . 5/1/2015
This fic has me in tears. Bravo!