Reviews for Xenogenesis
Jade chapter 1 . 3/21
The saying is I have a lump in my throat but really I think it's in my chest. This is something that I could see Sam doing, and Deans reaction was perfect. It put an interesting twist on the idea of his psychic abilities.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 7/6/2015
Wow, through the time and space of all your fics (thus far), your Dean is really, truly a GREAT big brother! And I love Sam's indomitable focus in this piece. Much to love here, in fact.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
This is... Very Absolutely Entertaining !

The whole DNA thing and a little bit and short wrong thought in the conversation was very Amusing !

I really really Love it ! xD

It was Epic and Unique ! I Love it !
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I really like how you set this one up with Dean expecting something completely different and being thrown for a loop nearly the entire story. But he does always know what to say and how to react when it really matters to Sam. The chick flick speech was so great. You were able to touch on so many parts of their past in just a few sentences there. And you balanced the humor and confusion and worry very well.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
This was terrific and makes so much sense. Of course Sam would wonder about this, and a story where he seeks a DNA test and Dean has to cope with him before and after rings so true. I had wondered myself if blood transfusions would've been a problem for Sam, but you're right - at least under the microscope the doctor in Croatan didn't see anything. Plus you've got to figure Sam had already had to have had transfusions at some point with how beat up the boys get. I hadn't thought about DNA, however.
thesunwillshineclear chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Did I just catch a wierd bit of foreshadowing at the end of that? ;) Which is awesome since this was written way before any of that happened. Such great writing, as always!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
What a burden that poor boy has carried! Not surprised he wanted to check his DNA. Also not surprised that Dean gave in when he found out.

Nice one. :)
Whilom chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Haha, oh, I loved Dean’s snide suggestion that Sam “open a lemonade stand” if he wanted to earn money. And Dean listing off all the things that make Sam special was golden. I loved this little exchange: ** Sam stared at him, mouth a little ajar, then scrunched his face up. “You’re a jerk, Dean.”

“You’re a bitch, bitch.” He turned the motor over, still grinning.

“I can’t believe I’m related to you.”

“Looks like,” Dean conceded, pulling smoothly back onto the road.**
sidjack chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Just so well done. That Dean doesn't even think it could be about Sam. That Sam is so worried about not being normal, not being right, even after a life with Dean, John, Jess. The love, the Dean Big brother love you show so well is stunning.

Great story, so schmoopy. Really loving schmoopy right now.

sid
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
This was very good, and I can see the brothers acting this way. Only, I don't think that this one would have happened in the series because in season four, in the episode where Sam finally revealed what the demon had actually shown him, he seemed convinced the demon had done something to him. Plus it seems suggested that the demon was in some way responsible for his psychic abilities.

But despite that, I think that this was a spot-on characterization of the boys, anyway. :)

Good job!
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Great idea for the DNA test. And I love Dean's reaction, thinking Sam had a kid, maybe with Sarah. :)
kirallie chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Good work!
Cerdo Volador chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
"emo-Samantha "

ha ha ha ha love that ;)

And, of course, I just melt when Dean said those things about sammy being different - so cute.

Love your fic, see you around! :)
PADavis chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
What a great story - even at this stage of S3, you still have them nice to each other. Sigh. What Dean said to Sam was absolutely wonderful. Loved the reference to Sam "moving in that eerily sure footed, lethal way that reminded Dean of their Dad." Such a perfect description.

I watched some film of this year's Comic Con SN panel last night, and Kripke et al were asked what they thought they had lost with the writer's strike. This is one of the things they mentioned so they do know it's a problem. There was just a little about next season, will NOT say anything of course, but fortunately not much more than my trying-to-be-spoiler-free ears were willing to hear.

And you're working on an alphabet? What fun. Great X!

Phoebe
papergrape chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
I've gotta say first that I loved the way this story unfolded. Like Dean I was pretty baffled when Sam wanted the money for... a DNA test? What in the world for? But then the reason becomes so clear I wondered how it wasn't obvious to me from the beginning once you placed the story in S3. I guess we just didn't get enough of that Sam/demon blood storyline during the season. That worked amazingly well to your advantage here. It was neat and unexpected and the whole thing came together beautifully.

This story played out visually in my head as I read and it rang so true. It's so entertaining (and so Sam and Dean!) when Sam manages to totally throw Dean through a loop like he does in this story. Awesome dialog, teasing and silly banter, snark, angst, brotherly sweetness. I love it! Such an unassuming enhancement of S3 (big ole whopper of a title, though-I had to look that one up ;), totally perfect, and definitely a new favorite!

Thank you!