Reviews for Astray
starlite22 chapter 16 . 6/20
Disappointed that we didn’t see Scarlett reunited with her other children.
Truckee Gal chapter 16 . 4/30
Their pillow talk is always so revealing. Imagining Rosemary in the stables with the resident ghost was a real treat. Congratulations! Never would have guessed this was your maiden voyage and it now supplants huge sections of that misguided sequel (whose best section was getting to know the O'Hara relatives in Savannah). Being late to the party, more of your writing awaits!
Truckee Gal chapter 15 . 4/30
Sensitive, sensual and sweet. This is their first time together with both desirious of discovery and pleasuring the other. Well-written!
Truckee Gal chapter 14 . 4/30
Well done, Rhett! That discussion was handled with grace and laughter. You each want to enjoy a loving, intimate relationship and now realize the light has changed from yellow (caution) to green (pedal to the metal)! Love how Rhett "... pulled her to her feet then picked her up in his arms and, taking her place in the rocking chair, sat down with Scarlett in his lap." Later, he "... swept her off her feet into his arms ..." That's all so wonderfully romantic! They've come a long way in less than 24 hours; here's hoping this relationship they're building lasts a lifetime.
Truckee Gal chapter 12 . 4/30
They both have a lot of pain and miscommunication to absorb. For Scarlett it's (a) his letter to go/stay away, (b) the divorce, (c) difficult childbirth without Rhett and (d) Rosemary's deceptions. For Rhett it's (a) the unknown pregnancy/baby and (b) Rosemary's deceptions. Scarlett has twice the legitimate gripes, but men take longer to forgive and, thus, come across as less forgiving. Scarlett was very generous to say K.C.'s surname must be changed to Butler and she offered to discuss a first name change. She clearly wanted to keep cousin Colum for her middle name. If all else fails, Scarlett, compare scars ... you win, no contest.
Truckee Gal chapter 11 . 4/30
Deliriously happy that Rhett knows Scarlett is under the protection of her priest-cousin Colum. That he will be held accountable, that Scarlett is a woman blessed financially and has the emotional support of people who care and look in on her. Now Scarlett will introduce Rhett to their daughter, together vowing:

"... I will take care of you the very best that I can
With all of the love here in my heart and all of the strength in my hands
Your every joy I'll share, your every tear I'll be there
My whole life through I will take care of you ..."

Songwriters: Amy Sky & David Pickell (1996)
Truckee Gal chapter 10 . 4/30
Kisses at the end of the chapter; it's a splendid way to keep us happy. Will Scarlett let Rhett hold their daughter? He doesn't even know her name!
Truckee Gal chapter 9 . 4/30
Rosemary needs to be crated and shipped to Outer Mongolia. Rhett's doing a fairly decent job of curtailing his not funny nasty comments, he even came with the requisite clean handkerchief so they are actually making progress. Hooray for Scarlett, who slapped Rhett's cheek for divorcing her. Hooray for Rhett, who knew he deserved that and kissed the palm that struck him. More romance at the end of the chapter is always welcome!
Truckee Gal chapter 8 . 4/30
That you were able to insert a healthy dose of humor was delightful in the midst of this much-awaited and quite tense reunion. Rhett unknowingly gave away Bart's prized stallion. Scarlett made Rhett sit outside the front door in the rain. Even a hint of romance as Rhett "... swung her off her feet and into his arms." The cat's out of the bag, so to speak. Can't wait to see how this unfolds years ahead of the plot in "Scarlett." Thank you ... thank you ... thank you!
Truckee Gal chapter 7 . 4/30
Rhett wonders: "Had she used his pay-off money to purchase a town?" Then decided: "He certainly wouldn't put it past her." Comments on that, yet it didn't seem to faze Rhett at all when the lad said she "... was up on ladders painting houses and such ..." While pregnant? If only the Old Guard in Atlanta could see THAT! Then, the various stories of the birth wildly sensationalized by the Irish love of stories and superstition. What in the devil is Rhett riding into? You've definitely go me intrigued!
Truckee Gal chapter 6 . 4/30
Can't help thinking Gerald O'Hara would be mighty proud that his daughter Katie Scarlett met his mother Katie Scarlett and that his daughter traveled to his birthplace in Ireland. October 31st in Europe is the evening to place lighted candles in glass jars on the graves to honor deceased believers on All Saints Day (November 1st).
Truckee Gal chapter 4 . 4/30
Love when Rhett gets stirred to action and goes all out ... buy the ship, indeed! LOL
Truckee Gal chapter 3 . 4/30
Great intensity and startling revelations! Reading Scarlett's letter, Rhett realized the depth of his love and the pettiness of his own actions. Rosemary is a vindictive control freak, who should focus on her own pathetic life and stop meddling in her much older brother's life!
Truckee Gal chapter 2 . 4/30
Totally agree that it was out of character for Rhett to marry Miss Hampton and am pleased to see this change in plot line. Rhett's sister Rosemary serves well as the evil antagonist.
Truckee Gal chapter 1 . 4/30
Seems to me, you are basically cutting and pasting from the "Scarlett" sequel. That's just fine to get the premise from which, hopefully, you plan to take a somewhat different direction.