Reviews for All That You Can't Leave Behind
Helioscope chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
This was immense. Immense and immersive and absolutely, unapologetically beautiful. (And yes, "exhausting," to echo an earlier reviewer, for just how emotionally devastating it was. It could very well intimidate me into never, ever wanting to write Sora/Riku again.) It was deceptively subtle in its premise (post-KHII island life in which the gang goes to a rock concert) but expertly layered with nuances once you get past that (the character voices, dear lord). The language was sinfully good; it ebbed and flowed, always in tandem with the smoothly paced plot and characterization. Your metaphors enhanced the narrative flow instead of tripping it up. The bright little details about mainland life and broader world structure and the parents (thank you, thank you, thank you for fleshing out Riku's parents) were perfect and real. Kairi was lovely. They all were.

One of the things I adored the most was how you wrote Sora, and more explicitly how you wrote Riku WITH Sora. Their banter crackled. Most of the story's humor could be found in watching them interact. You really /get/ them, I think. It's truly a pity you won't write more.

God, how did I manage to steer clear of your writing five years ago? I think it has something to do with your obvious preference of Axel/Roxas over Riku/Sora. Even now, this is the single story of yours that I've devoured and am now reviewing. I really should give your others a shot, if they're anything at all like this.

Thank you for writing this. Thank you for sharing. I could wax on forever.

I'm truly grateful.
caledon chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Beautifully written. Perfect balance of characterization, heartwrenching and uplifting in all the right places. Definitely love this.
FightsWithBears chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Yessss
This is pretty much how I imagine how they would handle having to be 'normal' suddenly after, yea, literally going to the ends of the world to find each other.
Delmasca chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Is it strange that I find authors like you, (and I can still count how many I've found on my fingers and toes), exhausting? Your writing makes me forget where I am, everything I care about, and having it all crash down on me when I've just been rocked by the power, (and let's be honest,) most often pain, of your fiction, is so emotionally draining.

And I can't just walk away. I have to say something, because it's the LEAST I can do to express my gratitude for good writing. Maybe you don't feel you need it, because you have this gift and maybe somehow can't appreciate your own levity, but this brings me to another reason why authors like you are exhausting. Trying to write a significant review with words directly after having experienced someone master them is quite frankly a daunting experience. It's so hard to try and say how I feel without sounding lame, and then I realize what I'm feeling is located on the left side of my chest, and that it's impossible anyway.

This is the fourth time I've been brought full circle to this story over the course of years, (are you ronsard BTW?), and it's come from all different directions. Does this prove to you how hard it is to find well written SoraxRikuxSora non extreme!Au?

Del
FlyingTackle chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
So here is where I'm finding the first hints of similarity between your stories. I like it here, and also that it's not everywhere in the way that some authors write everything the same. You do styl-wise, but...ugh, I don't know. Every time I read what you write, I just get lost. Sometimes your sentences fly way over my head and they still make some semblance of sense, like their meaning is separate from the words and all you have to do to get it is read them. If that makes sense, I'm not sure.

But the crowd-surfing scene was just magical. I'd never heard that song, but looked it up and played it while I read. The words actually ended up syncing exactly with when I read the lyrics in the story.

I really wish I could articulate the more important things that this makes me feel, but it's giving me a rather hard time just now. So yeah. Good stuff.
Smoresora chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
You have no idea how much I felt like crying when I read this fanfic. Seriously. I am in love with it. You have written one of the most beautiful Soriku fanfics that is non-AU, ever. The story flowed so smoothly. I really loved how you wrote Riku, his mother's illness and his guilt about embracing the darkness. He always was a bit dramatic about the stepping into darkness thing so, hey, you got that down just right.

I'm glad that you wrote Kairi as a calm, sweet girl for Riku to lean on, rather than some hyperactive cheerleader trying to shove him and Sora together. You kept everyone like they were supposed to be. You really wrote Sora perfectly. Riku and Sora really do balance each other. I adored how you wrote their relationship almost identical to the game.

I was tearing up at that one quote, I think someone wrote it before me, but I'll write it again to prove how amazing it is.

Sora - "I'm asking you to be happy. I'm asking my best friend to please let me make him happy, and to stop acting like him moving across the strait is the most terrible thing in the world when we have gone to the freaking end of the world to find each other."

That was such a beautiful line.

Wow, I wrote quite a bit. But, you know, your story was totally worth it. I'll just add one last bit then.

Because of this story, I don't think I'll ever be able to have the guts to write a Soriku of my own for the fact that it is amazing.

I hope you write another Soriku soon, because you are so awesome at it.

And thank you for writing such a wonderful story.

You. Are. Amazing.
Aestivates chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Whoa, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, considering I've loved it since the moment you put it up. ;; So this follows one of my many rereads, and I just have to say that it's completely beautiful and awesome and you should TOTALLY DO MORE SORA/RIKU because you are amazing at it (but you have probably heard this multiple times already, hah).

"Yes, I do," Sora says, shaking his head stubbornly. "I'm asking you to be happy. I'm asking my best friend to please let me make him happy, and to stop acting like him moving across the strait is the most terrible thing in the world when we have gone to the freaking end of the world to find each other."

That. That breaks my heart every single goddamn time in the most perfect way, and if I were organized to keep a 'list of most memorable fanfiction quotes' somewhere, it would be one of the first ones on there. So much love for this and you and dfkgjsdfga.
flashily chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Huge U2 fan and Walk On is one of my favorite songs. The song and fic fit beautifully together (not even taking into account The Grounded Seagulls' cover of it). Just seeing the lyrics for Walk On is enough to choke me up these days, and this fic has managed to add even more heartwrenching greatness to it.
digitalAlchemist chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
You read some truly amazing stories online. This is one of them. It's beautiful in a breath-taking way, throws every emotion into a single chapter and comes out with something incredible. An absolutely wonderful piece of writing, and something I aspire to write one day.

OneKnux
muumuu122 chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Riku the drama queen Nice fic :)
Lost timemachine chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Extremely well written. I loved it.
wildeswallow chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Such a sweet story. Set to one of my favourite U2 songs and everything.
Terpsichore ON CRACK chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
this was beautiful. my heart hurts in the best way possible. HALLELUJAH FOR RIKU/SORA GOODFIC GOOD LORD.
13loves8loves9loves6 chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
AW! goodness this was cool all sweet and and stuff urf
Chios chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
As usual, your writing makes me ache.

xo