Reviews for Fingerprints
Getsunohimesama chapter 5 . 2/13/2014
Girl, talk about uncomfortable situations... I wonder how Malik will react when Anzu and Marik come closer.
Getsunohimesama chapter 4 . 2/13/2014
Things are getting quite interesting if you ask me...
Getsunohimesama chapter 3 . 2/13/2014
That chapter was quite depressing. On the other hand though we got to see actual proof that Marik not only has emotions but actually still cares deeply for his family, no matter how they treat him.
Getsunohimesama chapter 2 . 2/13/2014
Isis seems to be so... blind. Why not give Marik a chance? It just seems wrong, especially since Marik is trying to prove himself in a way...
Getsunohimesama chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
That looks interesting... I like fics where Marik is more of a person and less of an insane homicidal maniac.
reko1620 chapter 14 . 1/19/2014
Hello Demented Insane Spirit,

Thank you for writing a wonderful story. I was in the mood for some fanfictions, and I came across this story in your profile as I was looking for more Anzu/Yami Bakura stories to read (as I also immensely enjoyed reading what you have written so far in "Clouded Waters," which I can't wait for another update!).

Personally I find an Anzu/Yami Marik more appealing, but that isn't to say I don't enjoy Anzu/Malik because there is an appeal in that pairing as well. This story has gotten me on board with appreciating Anzu and Malik together because I like their friendship a lot.

Where do I even begin when it comes to reviewing this story, "Fingerprints"? I went into it blindly, not knowing what to expect because it's rare to find and enjoy a good fanfiction. I am a big fan of Anzu Mazaki, so I kind of needed to stick through the story for my girl, but along the way I fell hard for your story even if the pairing wasn't something I would usually read for. You presented a story told from Anzu's perspective, you gave us a look into her life, and you brought out the emotions that she was feeling in the situations she got herself in. It felt natural in the way she cared and reacted to others' feelings and thoughts because her character revolves the theme of friendship. Nearly stripping her of that front and looking deeper into her mind and heart, who is she without her friends? In the first chapter, she noticed that her friends were slowly moving away, and it's nearly impossible to hang out together all the time now, but she had a new friendship growing with Malik (and eventually Marik). As she got to know Malik and Marik more, she began to question who she calls her friends and perhaps needed to figure out what she wants to do for herself. The romance was on the sideline of this story, which I wanted to read more about, but I wasn't bothered about it because I believe this story was all about Anzu's character growth. That in which I thoroughly enjoy because her feelings and thoughts were real.

There were many moments in the story where I truly appreciated that you took time to slow down and simply let things happen and sink in. Like Marik said of Anzu in the first chapter, she took the time to pause and think of what he just told her instead of jumping into any conclusions. The moment I really appreciated and enjoyed was the meeting of Anzu and Honda. It was a scene full of awkwardness, honesty, rawness, and understanding. Reading the story from Anzu's perspective, we saw her thoughts on why Honda pulled away from the gang and lived his own life, but although all we had was Honda's words we can clearly see that they're honest. Their conversation and Anzu's realization felt real and very human!

I would like to read this story from Marik or Malik's perspective because it would put things in different lights of scenes we never got to see, such as Marik and Malik's interaction when Isis was talking with Anzu. But I'll take and enjoy what I got because this story was truly amazing and refreshing. And you gave me feels for two pairings that are now on my list to read for! So thank you again :) Keep up the great work!
Rachel-Macca96 chapter 14 . 10/4/2013
wow, I really enjoyed this story as well. you are my favourite writer. I just love reading your yugioh stories they are always so amazing. I thought the ending to this story was great; it was different then I expected it to be but in a good way. Keep up the good job of writting these stories, because you're an amazing writter. Thanks.
Ember LeClaire chapter 14 . 9/7/2013
As soon as I started reading this, I couldn't stop!
I was just looking for something to make my late shifts go by a little faster, and I found this gem instead.

Wonderful, I love the real emotions behind everyone, it makes everything believable.
And great job at keeping Marik in character! He may not be the complete psycho he used to be, but I can see how in a situation like that he could mellow out to a degree. Awesome job!
Numinous-Alqua chapter 14 . 7/25/2012
This was an interesting type of relationship for me. I have never read a fiction had had such interesting relationship dynamics before and I have to say it was refreshing. Your style made this type of love work and I tip my hat to you for being so successful with it. Good Job!
Crystallynne chapter 14 . 7/5/2012
This is the best fic I've read for YGO in a long, long time. You got Marik's character down pat and I'm immensely impressed. I was kinda miffed that they don't reeally get together, but that makes the story all the more wonderful. I had an itch to right a fanfic for this fanfic to continue the story-Marik appearing on Anzu's plane, acting as if it were obvious that he was following her to New York...

You're a good writer.
NushiKasai chapter 14 . 4/10/2012
I read this story thinking that this was going to be a terrible author with a crappy plot and pathetic grammar...I was totally blown away.

I actually read it a while ago but didn't review because I was on my IPod and fanfiction alawys seems to never let me log in for some reason when I use a touch screen, but here I am. You actually cured my boredom and gave me the enthusiasm to write again, so for that, I thank you :)

This story was one of those that you can just sit down and read. You don't have to take breaks because you're getting bored with the storyline, or feel the need to skip areas simply because you're not interested. This story was...amazing. And very, very, refreshing.

You write Anzu in one of the best ways I've ever seen; I used to hate Anzu because I'm a classic fangirl of Yugioh, so apparently it natural. Then I started reading your work, and now she's one of my favourite characters!

This story was just...classic. I could reread it again and again because I doubt that it would ever get old. The fact is- and I don't say this much to authors- I could imagine this type of scene occuring in a shoujo version of Yugioh- because I doubt Kazuki would ever include a plot entirely centered on romance between three minor characters. I can just envision every single scene playing out in my head, that I just sat down and drew what I could of this story!

Now, Anzu isn't exactly in character- she isn't the way that Kazuki seemed to portray her as- but at the same time, she is in character. I know...it's an oxymoron, but it just works. Not many fanfiction authors can pull it off, but you have. In fact, it really only seems that Anzu has grown up.

Marik and Malik are simply amazing. You write them in such a way that they retain their feel from Yugioh, and also add a classic sort of boyish personality to them that only adds to their quality. Both characters are very interesting, because they seem to have many layers to them.

The entire story was extremely well-written, and I enjoyed every last second of it. I actually started to slow down my reading pace during the last chapter, purely because I didn't want the story to stop!

But it did, and I felt sad because things came to end...but everything ended well.

I'll stop babbling on now, and save it for the other stories that I'm reviewing on of yours. :)
PsychopathicPrincess chapter 14 . 3/23/2012
This story! Oh my god! All the feelings I have for this!

It's just so well written! Im trying not to tear up right now!

I now ship Malik/Anzu Marik/Anzu thanks to you

I wish I had found this a lot sooner (The Duelist's Heiress recommended it to me)

now excuse me while I go to a corner of my room and spazz out

(seriously so many feelings for this story ;u; )
Graceful-Kuja chapter 14 . 11/7/2011
There is not a single word in the human language that can describe the amazingly wonderful job you did with this story. I seriously sat here for nearly an hour trying to find a word that compared to it, searching through my dictionaries to find one, and was unable to.

Your writing style is so unique and entrancing, that once I read the first paragraph, I was hooked, and unable to stop reading until I made it to the end, where I proceeded to bawl, and let me tell you that this is the first time that this has ever happened. THAT is how touching your story is to me. Why, if I could, I would give you a hug, and give you a reward for your awesomeness.

You display real-life conflicts in your story that most people would fail to acknowledge, and you put so much heart into it! Nothing in it was predictable or dull, keeping me wondering what would happen until the very end.

I would go into more detail, but I have to get off due to a major thunderstorm in my area. But just know that you are on the top of my respect list. I totally love you in a not-so-creepy way. ;D
Nightmother chapter 14 . 11/6/2011
I actually like this ending. It's not the normal "happy, boy gets girl" ending. Also seems canon enough. Well done. I really like how you wrote Marik, people often seem to forget that he was born of anger, hate, and other rather nasty emotions and that when they give him a body of his own he would no doubt get other emotions on top. And they just make him insane.
Nightmother chapter 8 . 11/6/2011
pardon my language but the shit is about to hit the fan. Oh dear