Reviews for Fulfilling Obligations
Unoriginal chapter 44 . 1/28
The very last scene about the vase falling and "if you knew it would happen, why didn't you fix it?" is taken from Amy Tan's novel The Joy Luck Club.
PANDARAINICXX chapter 47 . 1/6
Yes. Yes. Yes. Liked how the story flows. Have finished up till chapter 47 over the past few days, and I absolutely love it. Our ship doesn't have to be canon to sail. It's been quite some time since the last update, I hope you haven't give up on H/Hr. I appreciate your work and I do not wish to demand you to update right away. So take your time, but don't keep all of us waiting for too long! XD
Guest chapter 47 . 12/25/2015
This is amazing please come back and update it soon.
Jackalo chapter 47 . 11/14/2015
This is exactly how the story would have continued in my mind. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. I do hope to one day be able to read the last three chapters that you had planned, but honestly if 47 was to be the last, it went out on the right kind of note. Thanks again!
LILHOUSELF chapter 47 . 10/5/2015
only three chapters left?! I hope that you decide to finish it one day, it's wonderfully written and a great read!
bobandbob chapter 47 . 9/6/2015
COME BACK! You're so close to being done but you haven't updated in over a year. It's killing me because it's written so damn well. So, if you're still alive, know that there are still people interested in reading the end of the story.
DianneBaquiran chapter 47 . 5/4/2015
Please update soon! Please! I'm really loving this!
DianneBaquiran chapter 42 . 5/4/2015
Idk why I keep crying while reading everything...
stardust62442 chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
It has taken me a few weeks to read through your current chapters and I have greatly enjoyed it so far. Originally I thought you were going to get Hermione and Harry together post hogwarts and completely ignore the epilogue. Even though it wasn't what I had hoped I have been pleasantly surprised. I always enjoy (and prefer) a good fanfic that sticks close to the canon. I think it is very realistic and heart breakingly follows the ups and downs that a person can expect in life. The animagus process was very creative and felt it was similar to a complicated spell that JKR would explain. I thought that Ginny picked on Ron a bit too much at the beginning but I like how you expanded on her character. The lives and career of all were also incorporated very well. I particularly enjoyed Hermione's early career (you gave her realistic and meaningful duties as well) because I am currently in that part of my life. I had mixed feelings about Rose and felt bad for Ginny (and Ron) even while reading about how Harry was so involved with Hermione's pregnancy. I wish you had added more Harry and Ron buddy scenes (maybe where Harry is internally guilty) because I think they are just as close as Harry and Hermione. I also thought that Ron would be more present around Hermione at the ministry when he became an auror. This is just nit picking though. You have crafted an amazing love story about two selfless individuals who couldn't get the timing right. It is like a much better version of Edith Warton's The Age of Innocence. I really felt for Hermione and wanted her to take action but it fits her character; she is too sensible to give into emotion. While bringing Dolovhlo into the story line was a great tie in from the books it is a little strained. It is hard to believe that Harry would initially have such a grudge against him when other death eaters did much more damage to him and his friends. You should have incorporated a few more familiar death eaters and villains from the books and given them a more concrete objective. It works well enough for a sub plot and career goals for Harry. I am looking forward to see how you wrap things up. The slow progression of the divorce and Ginny's death is nice because it is fewer adjustments for the family all at once. I think Ron marring Luna before Harry and Hermione get together would make it even easier for the family to accept Harry and Hermione as a couple. I also like that the Victorie will be an ally for their relationship. I feel like Luna can have that same kind of role, particularly since Harry and Hermione had suspensions that Luna knew about Rose. I wonder how and if Rose will find out who her true father is and how she and Ron would react. I think that might be the most complicated part of the situation. I look forward to reading how you finish things up and hope you update soon!
JulesPotter7 chapter 47 . 1/23/2015
PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE JUST ONE CHAPTER WOULD BE ENOUGH TO HOLD ME OFF FOR ANOTHER FEW MONTHS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Sweetascandy8986 chapter 47 . 12/31/2014
This story is absolutely fantastic portrayal of each character. Flawless execution. The only problem is it is left unfinished. Such a wonderful story deserves completion not only for your fans, but because every story deserves closure. Please update soon. Happy new year!
Avior schedar chapter 41 . 11/28/2014
I am sorry i can't read this fanfic anymore,its too painful to read forbidden romance is just crushing my heart...
Avior Schedar chapter 40 . 11/28/2014
The situation between Harry and Hermione is deeply frustating,I am just waiting for them to reconcile...
Lance Oo chapter 47 . 11/1/2014
Wow this is a great story. Just spent about a week reading the entire thing. I'm a sucker for post-hogwarts stories as they're veery malleable. I really enjoyed the more serious tones in this story as opposed to others that kind of project a happily ever after-nothing ever goes wrong facade. I especially enjoyed all the characters...I usually find the weasleys very one dimensional and boring but you made them very appealing and made me really care about Ginny towards the end. I'm also really glad you're still updating and j hope this story sees an end eventually!
Antor2001 chapter 47 . 10/26/2014
Wow, this was a rollercoaster, 25 hours and very little sleep left me with my eyes stinging and a knot in my throat.
Fantastic story, I hated every second of this agony.