Reviews for The True Nature of Love
up-and-moving chapter 9 . 7/14/2013
thank you, it's a wonderful story. balanced, satisfying, and tear-jerking.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried like a little girl.
(y'know, I actually wasn't able to romance Gann after Casavir no matter what *shrugs*)
Sycrylacryl chapter 9 . 8/3/2012
When Casavir died in the Temple of Seasons... A good story, I must say. Thanks!
RaewynThorne chapter 9 . 7/5/2012
I cried like a baby at the end of Chapter 7, for I will always love Casavir first and most. THank you for bringing her home to him. This was an amazing story, and it was a real pleasure to read.
Abrahel chapter 9 . 9/1/2011
I can't stop crying from Chapter 7(yeeeeeeeeeeah xD), one of the most emotional fics I've read. Undoubtedly congratulations
Becky D Studio chapter 9 . 3/18/2011
there is one one thing i can say about this story ...I LOVED IT!
Milia Timmain chapter 9 . 2/12/2010
You know how I feel about this story, it made me weep like a baby. I just needed to put up a review so i could favorite it.
Catra chapter 9 . 8/22/2009
*Sob*

I made the mistake of reading this while 'My Heart Will Go On' was on repeat.

It was a BIG mistake.

That...was truly, truly, beautiful.

I'm crying. The ending was perfect, and so moving. Usually, I'm not a Casavir fan, but you made me adore him in this, at the end.

I felt so sorry for Gann, that they wouldn't get to be together after he died, but maybe Tyr would let her out of Elysium every once in a while, eh?

Please, write more? Please?
Hekateras chapter 8 . 4/18/2009
Having put a bit more thought into this, I must offer a bit of criticism on the points that didn't ring right to me:

As others have noted, the KC's characterisation seems inconsistent at times. She worries that viewing Casavir's dreams (presumably of him and her acting like lovebirds) will break Gann's heart, but nevertheless continues sleeping with Casavir while Gann skulks alone in the woods nearby. She doesn't try to compromise and at least refrain from indulging her carnal urges while Gann's there; for all intents and purposes she treats Gann exactly like some kind of reserve substitute that's waiting in a broom closet somewhere until she deigns to get back to him. This is even further accentuated by the fact that, after everything, she ends up with Casavir after all (for all eternity of the afterlife, mind you), and Casavir is treated in general like the "true" love (what with the poem) and Gann like some substitute whose only purpose is to make up for Casavir while he's gone. In short, exactly the opposite of what the KC-Gann relationship is supposed to be, according to the dialogue.

Mind you, while criticism is all good and well, I personally don't see any good alternative way you could have done it, either. The problem stems from the premise of the story - a love triangle. For most of the story, the protagonist here does not actually have to choose between lovers, yet at the end, the love triangle is resolved in definite favour of one of the suitors, anyway. It breaks the theme of the previous chapters of trying to get both birds, so to speak.

The only way I think this may have worked better would be if you had simply made it clear from the beginning whether this was a Gann love story or a Casavir love story and built it up accordingly, rather than trying to do both. As it is, the story rings wrong at places because it gives contradictory messages.

And to conclude, there's one very minor nitpick. I think Gann's character was not fleshed out as interestingly as it could have been here. Gann acts like a saint. While his relationship with the KC certainly made him a better man, it shouldn't have made him so... paladin-like. I'm not even talking about his decisions, but about his general characterisation, in which I think you've missed a couple of opportunities. For example, it would have been very interesting if you'd shown him to have a secret side that was shamefully happy at the thought of Casavir finally returning to peace and leaving the KC free for Gann once more. Instead, Gann just seems so *resigned* all the time.

I'll stop now. ; I should probably apologize for the essay, but I've found that most authors don't mind extra-long reviews and will just hope that you're one of their number. :)
Hekateras chapter 9 . 4/18/2009
*sniff* So beautiful. :') Wonderful, emotional, masterfully written... Lovely.
femensqueterror chapter 9 . 11/24/2008
This was a very pleasurable read, it makes me want to go out and buy MOTB now, thinking that this was the epilogue lol. Well done.
Kenchita chapter 9 . 11/23/2008
Wow... my eyes are all watery, beautiful chapter.

Excellent job!
Wolf-Kin chapter 9 . 11/23/2008
And just when I thought the story could not wring another bittersweet sigh out of me, there is this chapter.

Wow. Just wow. WELL DONE!
MissFlutterby chapter 8 . 8/13/2008
i lreally liked this story. Even though it's a bit weird that Gann's feelings were so sweet and kind while she hurt him so much. But the end was really great! the fact i'm a hopeless romantic helps a lot i guess ;)
Light as Air chapter 8 . 8/13/2008
Aww! I loved this. I liked how he was so kind, charismatic... he changed a bit... Gann and she ended up together!

Although, even though I liked it... it seems like she is treating Gann like second hand meat. She had sex with Casavir when she was traveling with Gann... and yet she 'loves' him? I am not sure I like the protaginist completely. I surprised he wasn't angry with her... normally anyone would be. It just seems too perfect. I was disappointed with that.

I liked how this ended though, a bit sad and bittersweet.

Good job :D
Light as Air chapter 7 . 8/13/2008
I think that is so, SO sad. How he died like that. I mean I am nto into him, but still.

Gann is in so much pain. No offense but she is acting like a too timing B*.

I like this.