Reviews for Rewriting The Song
Guest chapter 16 . 12/16/2013
pls, u need to continue with this fic. cause is awesome.
Alethea27 chapter 16 . 9/12/2013
This is a really good story and I do wish you'd consider finishing it. I am anxious to see what will happen at the Hogwarts 'Homecoming'. Between the Marotters probably dumping a healthy dose of Ogden's Old Fire Whiskey into the punch, Rosier with the polyjuice potion, Lily wanting to kill Severus and Narcissa plus Severus plans to spread the rumor that Rosier has contracted a sexually transmitted disease; a good time will be had by all if the place doesn't blow up first! Please consider working on this story again!
Ranma's girl1 chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Just wondering iif you are going to work on this anymore or have you given up on it?
The Dead Snake chapter 16 . 7/1/2013
I swear if Severus and Narcissa end up in love I'm going to strangle someone.

Given that, you are an enthralling author! I am more than excited to read the next chapter. Thank you very much for sharing your art with us.
Captain Evermind chapter 16 . 5/15/2013
Heh. This story is highly amusing. Sad to note it hasn't been updated in so long, but I hold out hope that I might get to read more of it one day. Would love to see where you were planning on going with this. :-)
liasigna chapter 16 . 12/25/2012
This is a great story! All I want in a Snape fic, with just enough problems that he has to deal with. I really wish that you would continue writing this story, even if you haven't updated it since 2009. Hope you get inspired to continue Rewriting the Song in the new year! Thank you!
flame55 chapter 16 . 10/9/2012
This is great when will you update it has been a while
Divinely Ethereal chapter 16 . 9/11/2012
I originally stumbled across this story a few summers back, when I was seized one afternoon by a pressing urge to read a young!Snape fanfic (odd, since I was by no means invested in the character or even that immersed in the HP fandom as a whole). Well, I recall being fairly impressed with the intricate narrative, and have now gone and re-read the whole thing, and although the complete freeze on updates since the spring of '09 is distressing, that doesn't stop me from leaving some (hopefully) encouraging input...

Thumbs up for:
- The political maneouvering/machinations by all parties: House Slytherin, Team Voldemort, the Minsitry and Dumbledore. By far the most interesting and thought-out aspect of the plot.
-The trio of Snape, Regulus and Narcissa: Their dynamic is wonderful. Although I came here to read about a young!Snape, I find myself more intrigued by his partners-in-crime. I love it when authors try and flesh out characters we barely see in canon, and your Regulus is a gem- appropriately conflicted and desperately clinging to Snape for answers. I also commend you on your Narcissa: haughty/snobby and perfectly adept at playing the game, but with occasional flashes of the same vulnerability we were treated to in the sixth book.
-The Marauders: I'm quite fond of them and their era, so wonderful and tragic, and I get so incredibly ticked when Snape fantards (God, I HATE those obnoxious delusoids) bash them to hell and back. Really glad you never went there. Your portrayal of them is balanced and on point, and they provided a lot of funny one-liners and a good respite from the Slytherin plotting. Particularly enjoyed James and Sirius' fears.

Stand-out Moments:
- Really all of Ch6, where Snape goes to the Malfoy function with Regulus. That was the point where I first decided,"Right, I've found something special here." If I HAD to single out a moment, though, I guess I'll go with Bellatrix getting locked into that hideous get-up by her mother and Snape being the one to assist her- very funny.
-The scene where Sirius leaves home: spectacularly written and so in character.
-That whole dream montage Snape experiences just before his bus is bombed. Actually my favourite scene in the whole fic:"Some songs only end in bitter silence… a lasting dirge to a life well wasted…" & "You can't change the song," his reflection said sadly, his voice Dumbledore's, letting the woman's body fall with a wet thud onto the stone and approaching Severus, bleeding on the floor. "It's already been sung." " Haunting lines, and I would actually use them, in some form or other, as the story's summary, such lines just grab the reader...
-The Greater Boggart scene: Moment of truth for all( and for some reason, I found Avery's predicament amusing. I kind of like your Avery. He's like the Slytherin version of Lupin, the prefect who can't seem to stand up to his friends. I don't want him taking the Mark.)

The Downers:
-The fic summary: I understand that the line you used is how it all started, but the story is about so much more than that now, and the two characters barely interact. You could be misleading the Snilly shippers who come in expecting fluff and find themselves reading a political thriller instead. Even I was (pleasantly) surprised at what this fic has turned into by the 6th chapter.
-The first chapter: Somewhat weak, especially with a lot of the dialogue swiped from the books. I'm so glad I'm not one to judge a fic by its first chapter.
-Characters' thoughts: Why do they have to be in first person? It's quite jarring!
- Lily Evans: I'm glad that there was no bashing involved, but I still can't help feeling that she got shorted. In fact, her character got the Cho Chang treatment. Definitely nowhere near as interesting as the Trio or the Marauders. It's making me lean towards a Snape/Narcissa outcome, when it's probably not your intention.
-Roxanne: I get that her point was to show that Snape is evolving as a person, coming out of his shell/into his own, and capable of forming connections with people other than Lily, but I found her character forced, and her witty exchanges with Snape not very believable. In my opinion, the weakest presence in the story.
-The Americanisms: "working out?"(seriously, were great abs/six packs in vogue in the 70's? And even if they were, would pureblood wizards know or care? * Conjures up wacky image of Lucius Malfoy at the gym*)/ Also "Homecoming?" That's a bit much. Try to tone it down in future.

Now, as to the story's future prospects, I feel compelled to ask, is it on an indefinite hiatus or (God forbid) definitely abandoned? If it's the former, then I hope you've got story outline notes squirrelled away in a desk drawer somewhere ( what I do), and that you haven't lost sight of some of your finer plot details, either through lapse in memory, or out of inability to read your own handwriting(my tragedy!)

Happy Writing!
Guest chapter 16 . 7/7/2012
As i was reading in an earleir chapter Lily, i thought had reconciled herself to getting Severys back, and by the by, did she burn that note from Narcissa?

I would think the girl would be grumbling about what that meant, change for Severus since he's changing for her?

I'm just saying, Lily is acting rather stupid about Love, it is a battlefield, that she seems to be woefully ignornant of.

If she wants Severus she is going to have to fight for him, at which point she doesn't seem to be thinking about doing it, that is fighting for him.
jazzy2may chapter 16 . 7/7/2012
fabulous story! I love Roxanne and I love all the political stuff too. :D
Hope you will update more frequently and soon. :D
Ayla-tan chapter 16 . 6/27/2012
Great and very interesting story!

I like it how Sev changed his style, though I want to rage at Lucius for involving him with Narcissa like that- and a bit at him, too, for accepting.

I wish he'd be able to talk/or had already talked to Lily- who I want to smack silly, too, by the way- for refusing to apologise for calling Severus "Snivellus" (which either way, she should do, even if there was no chance to "win" Sev back).

Sev's hormones are a problem... and damn Narcissa for taking advantage of it. I like her (even in canon, I kind of liked her), but it worries me that she seems to develop real feelings for Sev now... dangerous. For both her and Sev. Rosier's giving me the creeps and unfortunately, I don't put it past him that he uses the potion to transform into someone Sev would never suspect him transforming into and seriously harm Sev.

About Lily... well, I'm glad she got Felix Felicis- and I pray she tries to use it to solve her problem with Sev...it really is hard to read them so split apart and Felix could help her finding out what Sev really is doing- not by spying on him, of course, but by talking to him, preferably to plan a secret meeting between them, where she'll apologise about her calling him "Snivellus" and sneering at him- without the help of Of Felix. There must be ways for the both of them to meet up- Room of Requirement (hint hint)- and surely they can find ways around Slytherins or anyone else detecting them. Narcissa should help- after all, its partly her fault they're in all this mess. I count on her honor and love to Lucius that she'll help Sev with that.

I mean, the RoR can change to anything- why not into a lovely room with a two tunnels, one leading to...say, Narcissa's room (if she sleeps alone, if not, another room which Sev and she can use to pretend they're shagging or making out there...with Silencio, that shouldn't be too hard to manage) and the other leading to a place Lily can easily and unseen access. They (Sev and Lily) can make up meeting times in that room (to talk and be friends. I think they should put becoming a couple on the back burner, for the time being...and I would prefer their friendship to develop into something more slowly...not awfully slowly, though) and to make it even more impossible to be detected, they can make up the time for the next meeting while in that room.

I know I sound desperate...and I am. I want Sev and Lily to reconcile- if not openly (that wouldn't be wise), then in private. It won't be an ideal solution, but its way better than them being apart. I don't want Sev to have to loose Lily and see her get together with Potter.

So why not getting Lily in on their scheme? I mean, AFTER she apologises (without being influenced by anyone or anything) and swears an oath not to give them away. She could help Reg, Narcissa and Sev plan. That could actually be quite funny- and it'll help them. Lily's very intelligent.

I'll stop ranting now. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it. I hope you'll let Lily and Sev reconcile very fast. Even if they can't be a couple yet and have to keep it quiet (unless Narcissa doesn't have anything against hanging out with a Gryffindor girl), I want them to become friends again.

And by the way, if Sev and Narcissa were to temporarily become a true couple (minus the sex), its Lily's fault, really. She could (and should) have accepted Sev's apology and apologise herself back then, instead of putting demands for him to change on him. She could have asked- asked, not demanded- him to do that as a friend (I think he would have and they could have planned it together).

Please update soon!
Sheaman chapter 16 . 6/20/2012
It's been quite a while since this story was updated-more than three years-and I would like to see more. Though, I'm sure if I'd want to read more of this more than I would like to see the sequel to Renegade Cause.

It seems to be a pretty good story, though it went nowhere near what I was anticipating.
Sheaman chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
I understand that it's needed for the story, but I don't really understand how the other Slytherins could think that Snape's a pure blood. I mean, the name Snape is from his muggle parent, but even if there are wizarding Snapes, he wouldn't be anywhere on their genealogies...just saying.
Yamss chapter 16 . 4/17/2012
Honestly, this is one of the most memorable snape/lily fanfictions I have ever read. I remember reading it years ago during the summer of '09 when I was on a binge, and I was too dumb to take note of anything that would help me find it again. After coming back to this website, I've been looking for it ever since! I went through the entire ssle archive to find this piece!

I thoroughly enjoy your writing, your characters are relatable, and you don't really 'bash' anyone. Sure, Evan Rosier is a detestable brute, but you actually give your audience reasons to believe so, rather than just assuming everyone feels that way right off the bat.

I also really, really love Roxanne, and if the world of fanfiction weren't so adverse to ocs, I would totally ship her with Snape. She's really interesting!

Anyway, I just wanted to show my appreciation for (what I believe) is a great and awesome story.
TheUnwelcomedSavior chapter 16 . 2/14/2012
Wow, This is a very entertaining Fanfic. I really hope that you will continue this piece of work. Even though I havent really read many Severus/Lily (I feel ashamed for even saying that) I really enjoyed this!

So please, I hope you either write on another chapter for this fic soon, or post somewhere that you are currently working on it.