Reviews for Rewriting The Song
Saramagician chapter 16 . 5/21
Interesting! Update soon...
Syl chapter 16 . 3/5
...That being said, I have NOT abandoned this story..."; Okay, 6 years and counting since your last update. All I'm saying is that it's a crying shame that a story this good will probably never be finished. Please, think about it. Thanks.
Sulphur chapter 16 . 8/1/2014
Great story, interesting characters, but maybe a little too much focus on the romance. After all, if Snape gets with Lily, then barring shenanigans Harry won't be born. What's going to happen with Voldemort then? Also, kinda hard to believe a teenage boy's first thought after being kissed by an attractive girl would be "but she's not the one I wanted!"
sakura1120 chapter 2 . 7/26/2014
They dynamics in Gryffindor house are interesting, to say the least. I do like how you set up the reactions of the members of the house, though I'm not sure about the frequency with which you alluded to it before it was ever explained. It sort of left me feeling left out, like you were telling me you really wanted to say something, but would wait until later. Well… why not now? But I do like the events. As a side-note, I think Lupin would be a little brighter (naturally), though I do enjoy this bookish trait to him. It's kind of attractive XD which just goes to show the kind of person I am, but still.

I feel as though sometimes details are brought up or repeated a little too much, like reexplaining why the characters couldn't read Severus' paper. Also, if they could read his notes, why couldn't they read that paper? Was it just the angle they were at, or was it his intention to make it less legible? I'm wondering for consistency's sake.

I like that Narcissa and Regulus are the ones being trusted in this fic, since we know that one defected and turned against the Dark Lord, and the other really only was involved for her husband and son's sakes, at least from what we know of her character. I actually really enjoy Narcissa's character; she's a reminder that Slytherins can be very soft, albeit serious and very focused. I like the contrast between most of the House and her character.

Thank you for this chapter :) I'm glad to be able to read more.

-sakura1120
sakura1120 chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
I'm iffy about this story, or I was. I don't feel as though Snape would have told Dumbledore all of those things, and I'm rather attached to the canon up until Lily dies, where I prefer her to live. Yet I did like reading this. Your last line to this chapter did it for me though; it suddenly set my brain wondering what could change for the Marauders and Snape now that they've heard what he puts above all, and that he has no long-term desire to serve the Dark Lord. I really like this aspect of it. I'm hoping to see this follow through in the story, but maybe other lines will grip me in the same way, and keep me reading regardless of if this idea follows through or not. Seriously, the way you ended this could have been expected, yet I really enjoyed the phrasing of it all. Well done :)

-sakura1120
Esrath chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
wow, este fic es genial. ojala lo llegues a terminar.
Guest chapter 16 . 12/16/2013
pls, u need to continue with this fic. cause is awesome.
Alethea27 chapter 16 . 9/12/2013
This is a really good story and I do wish you'd consider finishing it. I am anxious to see what will happen at the Hogwarts 'Homecoming'. Between the Marotters probably dumping a healthy dose of Ogden's Old Fire Whiskey into the punch, Rosier with the polyjuice potion, Lily wanting to kill Severus and Narcissa plus Severus plans to spread the rumor that Rosier has contracted a sexually transmitted disease; a good time will be had by all if the place doesn't blow up first! Please consider working on this story again!
Ranma's girl1 chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Just wondering iif you are going to work on this anymore or have you given up on it?
The Dead Snake chapter 16 . 7/1/2013
I swear if Severus and Narcissa end up in love I'm going to strangle someone.

Given that, you are an enthralling author! I am more than excited to read the next chapter. Thank you very much for sharing your art with us.
Captain Evermind chapter 16 . 5/15/2013
Heh. This story is highly amusing. Sad to note it hasn't been updated in so long, but I hold out hope that I might get to read more of it one day. Would love to see where you were planning on going with this. :-)
liasigna chapter 16 . 12/25/2012
This is a great story! All I want in a Snape fic, with just enough problems that he has to deal with. I really wish that you would continue writing this story, even if you haven't updated it since 2009. Hope you get inspired to continue Rewriting the Song in the new year! Thank you!
flame55 chapter 16 . 10/9/2012
This is great when will you update it has been a while
Divinely Ethereal chapter 16 . 9/11/2012
I originally stumbled across this story a few summers back, when I was seized one afternoon by a pressing urge to read a young!Snape fanfic (odd, since I was by no means invested in the character or even that immersed in the HP fandom as a whole). Well, I recall being fairly impressed with the intricate narrative, and have now gone and re-read the whole thing, and although the complete freeze on updates since the spring of '09 is distressing, that doesn't stop me from leaving some (hopefully) encouraging input...

Thumbs up for:
- The political maneouvering/machinations by all parties: House Slytherin, Team Voldemort, the Minsitry and Dumbledore. By far the most interesting and thought-out aspect of the plot.
-The trio of Snape, Regulus and Narcissa: Their dynamic is wonderful. Although I came here to read about a young!Snape, I find myself more intrigued by his partners-in-crime. I love it when authors try and flesh out characters we barely see in canon, and your Regulus is a gem- appropriately conflicted and desperately clinging to Snape for answers. I also commend you on your Narcissa: haughty/snobby and perfectly adept at playing the game, but with occasional flashes of the same vulnerability we were treated to in the sixth book.
-The Marauders: I'm quite fond of them and their era, so wonderful and tragic, and I get so incredibly ticked when Snape fantards (God, I HATE those obnoxious delusoids) bash them to hell and back. Really glad you never went there. Your portrayal of them is balanced and on point, and they provided a lot of funny one-liners and a good respite from the Slytherin plotting. Particularly enjoyed James and Sirius' fears.

Stand-out Moments:
- Really all of Ch6, where Snape goes to the Malfoy function with Regulus. That was the point where I first decided,"Right, I've found something special here." If I HAD to single out a moment, though, I guess I'll go with Bellatrix getting locked into that hideous get-up by her mother and Snape being the one to assist her- very funny.
-The scene where Sirius leaves home: spectacularly written and so in character.
-That whole dream montage Snape experiences just before his bus is bombed. Actually my favourite scene in the whole fic:"Some songs only end in bitter silence… a lasting dirge to a life well wasted…" & "You can't change the song," his reflection said sadly, his voice Dumbledore's, letting the woman's body fall with a wet thud onto the stone and approaching Severus, bleeding on the floor. "It's already been sung." " Haunting lines, and I would actually use them, in some form or other, as the story's summary, such lines just grab the reader...
-The Greater Boggart scene: Moment of truth for all( and for some reason, I found Avery's predicament amusing. I kind of like your Avery. He's like the Slytherin version of Lupin, the prefect who can't seem to stand up to his friends. I don't want him taking the Mark.)

The Downers:
-The fic summary: I understand that the line you used is how it all started, but the story is about so much more than that now, and the two characters barely interact. You could be misleading the Snilly shippers who come in expecting fluff and find themselves reading a political thriller instead. Even I was (pleasantly) surprised at what this fic has turned into by the 6th chapter.
-The first chapter: Somewhat weak, especially with a lot of the dialogue swiped from the books. I'm so glad I'm not one to judge a fic by its first chapter.
-Characters' thoughts: Why do they have to be in first person? It's quite jarring!
- Lily Evans: I'm glad that there was no bashing involved, but I still can't help feeling that she got shorted. In fact, her character got the Cho Chang treatment. Definitely nowhere near as interesting as the Trio or the Marauders. It's making me lean towards a Snape/Narcissa outcome, when it's probably not your intention.
-Roxanne: I get that her point was to show that Snape is evolving as a person, coming out of his shell/into his own, and capable of forming connections with people other than Lily, but I found her character forced, and her witty exchanges with Snape not very believable. In my opinion, the weakest presence in the story.
-The Americanisms: "working out?"(seriously, were great abs/six packs in vogue in the 70's? And even if they were, would pureblood wizards know or care? * Conjures up wacky image of Lucius Malfoy at the gym*)/ Also "Homecoming?" That's a bit much. Try to tone it down in future.

Now, as to the story's future prospects, I feel compelled to ask, is it on an indefinite hiatus or (God forbid) definitely abandoned? If it's the former, then I hope you've got story outline notes squirrelled away in a desk drawer somewhere ( what I do), and that you haven't lost sight of some of your finer plot details, either through lapse in memory, or out of inability to read your own handwriting(my tragedy!)

Happy Writing!
Guest chapter 16 . 7/7/2012
As i was reading in an earleir chapter Lily, i thought had reconciled herself to getting Severys back, and by the by, did she burn that note from Narcissa?

I would think the girl would be grumbling about what that meant, change for Severus since he's changing for her?

I'm just saying, Lily is acting rather stupid about Love, it is a battlefield, that she seems to be woefully ignornant of.

If she wants Severus she is going to have to fight for him, at which point she doesn't seem to be thinking about doing it, that is fighting for him.