Reviews for Ancient History Deserves a Helmet
This is a nice story overall, though I don't particularly care for this Anne's personality. She honestly doesn't seem to be too torn up over losing Fred, anymore than a random person would find it awkward to interact with an old college flame. There are a few grammar issues, particularly around your dashes. (Hint: You shouldn't capitalize the word after a dash. It's not a new sentence.). Also you occasionally use I when it should be me. (E.g., it should be "between Colin and me." The me is the object of the preposition, not the subject where I would be appropriate.)
I agree about this chapter. Both Abbe and Colun were insufferable. But I guess that was the point. :-)
ToMyMuse chapter 14 . 7/11/2016
Ha! I love how she stops Colin's tickle fights.
EvelynRo chapter 20 . 2/29/2016
I am stepping back to read all of my favorite JAs by one of my favourite Fan Fiction authors. A delightful first effort of one of Miss Austen's overlooked books in you.
LolaGirl14 chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Just finished reading this wonderful story. I also was in tears at the letter.
Wonderful writing!
LJKBananagirl chapter 20 . 6/8/2015
I've really enjoyed this, thank you so much for writing. Fred's letter had me in tears. I've really enjoyed your writing style. Really descriptive, I got such a sense of the characters. Will look for more from you. Thanks.
MayaLala chapter 20 . 3/29/2014
sooo good. thank you.
MayaLala chapter 11 . 3/29/2014
So I'm really pissed off right now! Here's why. I've basically spent my entire March reading Austen fanfics - books on Amazon to here. I can never find anybody as good as you Ms. OrchidVines and it annoys the eff out of me. So, stop what the hell you're doing and self publish these babies on Amazon. You're too good of a writer to not start making some tiny bits of money at this. Too good.
Mimi chapter 20 . 1/23/2014
I discovered your fics and am making my way through them. This was such a delightful modern take. Your writing flows so effortlessly while keeping them all I character. I can see the scenes play out in a romantic comedy on the big screen. Please keep writing!
Fudgy Buddy chapter 20 . 12/27/2013
A great read
4leafclover0120 chapter 2 . 11/6/2013
Interesting
4leafclover0120 chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Interesting start.
Guest chapter 20 . 9/14/2013
LOVE IT! It's been such a joy to read and reread every one of your stories! You are a brilliant writer!
DayDreamer077 chapter 20 . 7/16/2013
hahah. I love Mary's reaction...what the f is wrong with you was perfect. lol.
Beldaran chapter 20 . 7/7/2013
So, just finished this at midnight a sunday. It was really good! Well written and good plot :) Kudos to you!