Reviews for Making it Work
tvrox23 chapter 24 . 4/20
I love how Azula is trying to redeem herself in this story. I feel like typically she's just left in an asylum or is made into to be the antagonist of other fics I've read. It's very pleasant and refreshing.
She's a healer-she could have healed the cut herself with a little water. She always carries water with her in a waterskein because she's a waterbender.
They play Pai sho, not Mahjongg(which is a real game).
Evelyn chapter 55 . 3/19
Excellent fan fiction, well done. I've read a lot of zutara but this one was one of my favorites. The only problem that I have with it is that Mai doesn't get a happy ending, or any ending really. This fanfic did make me think more about Azula though. I'd like to believe that this is what happened to her after. Overall, I really liked it. Thanks for the story. :)
musiclover67 chapter 2 . 12/24/2015
So my boyfriend and I just got done watching the Avatar series (a sort of winter tradition for us), and as soon as it ended, I wanted to read more. I'm a fan of Zutara fanfiction, and was browsing through for hours trying to find something worth reading.

After days of looking (because unfortunately, life gets in the way) you've snatched up my attention, no matter how bad my ADD is. I love that it's after the war, and that the reality is peace is hard work too! I love that this is supposed to be Zuko and Katara, but you're not making them pine over each other in the very first chapter. And I love how even in just this one scene, you found a way to capture the character's personalities so well, and how they would react in this situation.

I know you posted this 6 years ago and Im not even sure if you'll get this, but I'll be reading! Kudos to you for doing a great job and Im only 2 chapters in :D!
AngeliqueBouchard1972 chapter 2 . 8/30/2015
Oh yeah! Good opening chapter
katamari157 chapter 7 . 2/9/2015
Haha I couldn't help singing the lines taken from Mulan...and then everyone in the chapter started singing! the toph teo scene made my day, the hi five rejection was priceless.
Kirida chapter 55 . 1/29/2015
Loved it.
SoundScream chapter 55 . 11/15/2014
Zuko Katara Zutara
(-/-)
#Awestruck# Perfection
Guest chapter 55 . 7/14/2014
This is by far one of the best Zutara fanfictions I've ever read. This is my second time reading it and I still laugh at all of the jokes, cry during certain parts, and beam with excitement during the victory. I truly think that you should write a sequel to this wonderful work. Most of the Zutara family fanfictions are overused/overdone, but I think you could come up with something really, really interesting. Maybe something (just a suggestion) with Katara having the baby and Zuko being a good father, but then he becomes wound up in his work again, and the baby goes missing-someone kidnaps the child and asks for political power (by the way, I loved your dialogue and incorporation of the political influence in Zuko's life). Another story would be great! All in all, thank you for writing this beautiful fanfiction, you are very talented! :)
crimsontears82684 chapter 37 . 7/6/2014
I tried to read more point but I couldn't. Katara has been relegated to almost a piece of furniture. Used by everyone with no will of her own. Her outburst in the begining rang more true to her character than anything else in here has. She would have left, like her grandmother before her, before she was forced into marriage. She gave up without a fight and then became nothing but a passive lump. She went from strong, independent woman to submisssive, lusty arm candy. The wedding was way to western and christian for this series in general. The whole world is based way more in eastern culture and religion for any of that to have been plausible.
You writting is pretty good but the sex scenes were harlequin novel-esque. They were really wordy and without alot of feeling. Keep on trying though and your writing will get bettef.
Melly chapter 55 . 4/13/2014
I love your story. The best parts were Zutara's fight, they had me crying my eyes out. I just love them. Great job
KraZiiePyrozHavemoreFun chapter 55 . 4/10/2014
This was super awesome
mUmaRhz chapter 7 . 3/11/2014
You know I dont like the bits where Katara is ridiculed and the veiled insults against her heritage, she better start standing up for her self, i mean really, im all for embracing others traditions, but bot at the expense of my own. A compromise needs to be met and Katara should get up off her butt and do something. How can you move on to peace if there is no acceptance of differences. Lol i know this story is complete but im just ranting..its ticking me off really
letjosieliv chapter 13 . 11/13/2013
Omg! I just can't...can't breathe too funny XD bwahaha damsel in distress, it's gold. xD