Reviews for Making it Work
v0lchitsa chapter 29 . 7/13
I really enjoy your writing and this story, but everything feels very anachronistic. The fire nation and much of the cultures influenced in ATLA are from Asia. Being of Chinese-Vietnamese heritage, it's a shame that the traditions and cultures that could have been pulled from these cultures would have created a more authentic wedding. While I recognize that the fic has already been written, and I'm in no means demanding you to update or change your story, I wanted to point this out in a constructive way. Thank you for taking the time to write this story! It is evident you take the readers into consideration and your voice is clearly practiced!
DarkMatter27 chapter 7 . 7/11
Mulan is one of my favorite movies so I absolutely loved that scene!
badadder1 chapter 29 . 5/9
ok I think you may have forgotten this doesn't take place in our Universe. the undies, now Bach? really.. not even a little bit
badadder1 chapter 29 . 5/9
it's weird the modern underwear.
badadder1 chapter 19 . 5/8
I love the balcony part, she's going to do awesome. but I also love this whole, Azula redemption ark you're doing
badadder1 chapter 9 . 5/7
I'm not sure if call this particular moment submissive so much as her in character and them bonding. she is smart enough to eventually accept this and not be fighting constantly. plus they should bond and grow close eventually.
badadder1 chapter 7 . 5/7
I'm just like, Oh Mulan
Naomie96 chapter 12 . 8/1/2017
I think its not fair that zuko isnt trying to learn about water tribe wedding traditions it sort feels she becoming their slave
cherryflowerblossoms chapter 16 . 11/6/2016
This was so sweet that I think I got a cavity. Haha
dumamoja chapter 55 . 11/4/2016
This was an incredible, emotional rollercoaster of a story.
With an intriguing plot, and set up, perfect use of characters, and good pacing, this story has become one of my favorite Avatar fictions.
tvrox23 chapter 24 . 4/20/2016
I love how Azula is trying to redeem herself in this story. I feel like typically she's just left in an asylum or is made into to be the antagonist of other fics I've read. It's very pleasant and refreshing.
Guest chapter 17 . 3/25/2016
She's a healer-she could have healed the cut herself with a little water. She always carries water with her in a waterskein because she's a waterbender.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/25/2016
They play Pai sho, not Mahjongg(which is a real game).
Evelyn chapter 55 . 3/19/2016
Excellent fan fiction, well done. I've read a lot of zutara but this one was one of my favorites. The only problem that I have with it is that Mai doesn't get a happy ending, or any ending really. This fanfic did make me think more about Azula though. I'd like to believe that this is what happened to her after. Overall, I really liked it. Thanks for the story. :)
musiclover67 chapter 2 . 12/24/2015
So my boyfriend and I just got done watching the Avatar series (a sort of winter tradition for us), and as soon as it ended, I wanted to read more. I'm a fan of Zutara fanfiction, and was browsing through for hours trying to find something worth reading.

After days of looking (because unfortunately, life gets in the way) you've snatched up my attention, no matter how bad my ADD is. I love that it's after the war, and that the reality is peace is hard work too! I love that this is supposed to be Zuko and Katara, but you're not making them pine over each other in the very first chapter. And I love how even in just this one scene, you found a way to capture the character's personalities so well, and how they would react in this situation.

I know you posted this 6 years ago and Im not even sure if you'll get this, but I'll be reading! Kudos to you for doing a great job and Im only 2 chapters in :D!