Reviews for Benjamin
WOW PLOT TWIST. I love all of this. Really. I chose this over sleep.
JamesLuver chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
Well, that was amazing! I know you intended it to be unclear as to what was happening to Lovett, and you certainly pulled it off! I thought she was being tortured at first by Todd...and then I didn't know after that! It was a shock to find out it was child birth!

You wrote Toby just as well as you wrote the chapters for Todd and Lovett too. His devotion to Lovett was palpable throughout this, and I liked how he acknowledged the fact that although he'd sworn to protect her, he was still only a child himself and wouldn't be able to do much against Mr. Todd. I loved everything about this.
JamesLuver chapter 2 . 5/28/2010
And you write from Lovett's perspective just as well as you write from Todd's! I love the mother/son relationship you've built between Toby and Lovett here, and your Toby is adorable. You portray Lovett's motherly nature very well throughout with her feeling guilty for sending Toby back off to bed, and the way you show her devotion to Todd through your words is breath-taking. You have such a way with words - I am rather jealous of your talent! P The words you choose to use all add something to the piece and your descriptions are just gorgeous. I love how you describe Todd especially.

The ending was rather bittersweet in my opinion, and it only enhanced the feel of the whole piece. I bet Todd was shocked at first, then went back to being angry and confused about it.

Beautiful work.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
To be honest, I don't know how the heck I'm going to get my feelings about this piece across. It's absolutely WONDERFUL! I've read many brilliant pieces of Sweeney Todd fanfiction, but this is definitely one of the best. It's actually rather scary how in-character Todd is in this first chapter; I'm literally speechless. His rage was portrayed beautifully, and you have some very gorgeous pieces of imagery throughout this. The way he thinks of Lovett is just spot on, and his ignorance to the fact that she was speaking of Benjamin was such a Toddish quality. I daren't start quoting the parts I love however, since I'll be here all night.

I tend to be rather useless at writing reviews, so I'll leave you with the assurance that I adore this beyond reason and will be back in a few hours to read and review the other two chapters. :)
Bloody Pumpkinhead chapter 3 . 8/29/2009
Asghdjklaslkjhfdkhtlkjgk! O_O -totally flabbergasted-

First I thought he was...you know...her rather violently, but you don't write scenes like that, it's not you. I was confused for a moment. Then I thought he might be torturing her, but I wondered why the hck he'd do that- then it dawned on me and I was like ZOMG COULD IT BE-! And it was! A w. I like Toby's "A family. Do I belong?" thought. And his name is Benjamin. So adorable! -less than threes galore-
Bloody Pumpkinhead chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
Ka-ching! One review given for Toby's gin addiction and Todd's nightmare relief fund. Haha.

Aw w w, poor Toby. He's such an adorable kid. The part where she's comforting him is heart-warming.

I loved this:

“Keep your bloody drink.” The way he utters the words - as if each syllable weighs a ton so that he can hardly get them out of his mouth – sends wonderfully painful shivers down my spine, the edge of malice creeping over them only adding to the influence of his growling speech.

It made ME shiver. Haha.

And EE! I love the ending! I would have wanted to see Todd's horrified face after that. I imagine he was shocked at fist, then angry/confused. Hehe. I luffs this X3
Bloody Pumpkinhead chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
I heard you talking about this with Pam in your podcast and I wanted to check this out... I can't believe I haven't read this before! It's great. Sweeney is EXTREMELY in character. If I could take a peek in his head, this is exactly what I could see there. Cool.

And this is completely in keeping with the features you discussed with Pam in the Toddcast (haha) and it tickles me. I don't know why, though. Anyway, I liked this a lot!
xDoubleIndemnity chapter 3 . 2/1/2009
-gasps- I really should have read this weeks ago. Awesome! I love the intensity behind the characters, and I just love it in general. Words escape me at the moment, but I'm sure you'll get the idea.

Oh, words that haven't escaped me: Chapter 3 - I thought he was torturing her. Then I thought he was screwing her. -sigh- I fail. But to my consolation, you meant to be confusing, didn't you? -accusing look- LOL, jk.
so nice so smart chapter 3 . 12/1/2008
OH MY GOD! I thought he was torturing her! *whacks self on head* She had a baby? Mr. Todd's baby? AW! *happy flails*
Barcavolio chapter 3 . 10/16/2008
Well that end really was surprising!
xblackxtearsxofxlovexandxkatex chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
I liked the first two they were good. Not so much the last one but they were linked like you said they were.
Falling Stardust chapter 3 . 8/24/2008
"Benjamin" is an interesting concept to write about...I like te way they all sum everything up...
DojoGhost chapter 3 . 8/17/2008
I only just found this story. I know it was published a while back but I want to let you know how brilliant and beautiful it is. Thanks for a great read!
Alpha Bravo Charlie chapter 3 . 8/11/2008
WOW. After finishing this chapter, I just sat at my computer, stunned. This story was brilliant, one of the best Sweeney Todd stories I've ever read. That was quite a shock finding out she had a baby, I really thought that Sweeney was murdering her. :) Anyways, loved it!
Alpha Bravo Charlie chapter 2 . 8/11/2008
I loved the interaction between Mrs. Lovett and Toby, it was so sweet how she comforted him. Somehow I knew that Sweeney was going to be listening to her. The ending was great, I wonder what Sweeney's reaction was. :) Loved it!