Reviews for Exuent All
Martin III chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Well, I'm long overdue to review this one as well.

The problem with this one is the whole point: Nova's fierce denial of Max's death. It violently contradicts the game, where Nova is the first to accept that Max has perished, and even waxes poetic about his "eternal vigil".

To nit-pick a moment, this came out before the fandom learned what Nova's official race is, so you can be forgiven for guessing, but... half-goblin! That doesn't match his physical traits in the least.

You have unquestionably laid out this scene beautifully, and the writing is pretty much note-for-note perfect. Otrant is well-portrayed, and little touches like the image of Nova looking up at the bookshelf more than do their job. But the whole thing being based around Nova acting completely opposite to what's seen in SF1 rather kills it.
Pleneko chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
An intersting take on SF's aftermath, and totally plausible: Nova was Max's mentor, and even if he doesn't blame himself (not that you're saying he does, but with the way he's acting...) he'd do anything possible to get him back, or at least find out for sure what happened.

Also, I like how you have Nova reference basic strategy; it harks back to his main role as a tacticion and military advisor.
Bob the Magical Tortoise chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Interesting. I did expect it to be a little longer, so the exceptionally short length disappointed me a bit, but I liked what I got. As a short scene, excellent.

Amethyst Princess 27 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Exile.. You should really update this story. I played the first force and often thought about a story after the credits (other than shf2 that is) and could never get too far.. Its a great start and I'm looking forward to more.

Demonic Weasel chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Well, this is a solid little short. Not exceptional in any way, but neither is it bad. The writing is competent and the story generates some interest. Examining Nova as a character is a fairly original take on Shining Force, and you get points for that alone. His anger is well depicted and quite believable. Otrant seems surprisingly irreverent, but it's consistent. On the whole, it's quite solid.

The real interest in this is how it will tie into "Lever to Move the World." Nice filling piece of the background though.