Reviews for Retrogression
The Nameless Author chapter 9 . 3/7/2013
Will you continue this?
rushsignals2 chapter 9 . 11/8/2012
I can't believe I just found your story. I know you probably won't get to read this considering the last date updated on it but if you still log in to FF and happen to see this:

I love seeing Samus as a fallen hero. She's human, she wrestles with her own demons, she struggles to survive, and she isn't as powerful as she once was. She's snippy, and downright nasty at times - it's nice to see her portrayed with actual human traits. The conflict doesn't revolve around any of the traditional Big Bads in the series; the co-stars are believable, amusing, and well-defined. It's obvious you know a lot about the Metroid universe, and your passion is really showing in the story.
I like the writing style, and I'd really like to see more out of this story. I want to see what the reaction would be for Riina when she finally sees the Metroid arm, or how Samus feels about even having another person be in such close proximity to her for any period of time. For years she's lived isolated and alone, her body and mind must be crying for attention, and the stress of her deformity must not make it any easier.

Anyhow, if you happen to read this I'd be overjoyed to hear you decided to continue writing it and you can always send a PM any time if you need a beta or someone to bounce ideas off of.

I look forward to seeing more from you!
StephenF chapter 9 . 1/8/2012
Great little fic you have here, hope you decide to write more in the future.
Sunny J chapter 9 . 6/13/2011
Great story, any chance of an update?
byebye360 chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
someone get a defibulator don't let this author die
byebye360 chapter 9 . 2/13/2011
please update
j chapter 9 . 12/28/2010
great story hope you continue
JoeEngland chapter 9 . 10/6/2010
I do hope you can return to this story someday. I'd dearly love to see it continued.
Myev chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
A year since I first happened across this fic and it still stands out as one of the best Metroid stories I've read. Know whenever you find the time to update it again that you have captured an audience with your skill and potential, and that we will be back in a heartbeat to see how it all turns out.

In the meantime, I wish you well, and hope to see more of your writing in future.
AsatorPrime chapter 9 . 6/21/2009
Cool story, hope you write more soon.
Tali chapter 9 . 3/29/2009
keep up the good work
dyrnwyn chapter 9 . 3/10/2009
I an totally serious when I say that this is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read and you should definitely keep writing it
dyrnwyn chapter 9 . 2/9/2009
This is the best metroid fanfic I have ever read and I really hope you continue to update
Myev chapter 9 . 2/3/2009
Very nicely done! I shouldn't have stayed up to read it all last night, but I could hardly tear myself away with the pacing of events and the creeping anticipation of the Metroid Arm reveal.

You have developed two nicely distinct voices for Samus and Riina, and I don't mind the inclusion of the OCs. I am particularly fond of Nigul and how you haven't used him as a narrator. It's a choice that underscores his alien nature that works well when placed against Samus's dehumanization.

I am intrigued by your plot, in love with your bitter protagonist, and eagerly awaiting the next bit of interaction between these two different women. Hope to see more from you soon!
metroid fan chapter 9 . 1/30/2009
im glad you updated because this is definatly the best metroid story on this site the charactors are well written and have personality the dialog is belivible and the story makes sense the only bad thing aboat this story is the udate time but when the storys this good it's only a minor annoyence. i can't wait for riina and nigul to find out aboat her arm. love the story 10/10