Reviews for THE OUTER LIMITS: The Sixth HAND
nikkilittle chapter 4 . 12/7/2013
"Twas Beauty that killed the Beast." Sorry, couldn't resist. This fanfiction is a classic example of the difference between male and female writers: man wants action, horror, and special effects. The woman just wants romance. This story would have gone in a different direction if I had written it. Nicely finished for a horror version, however.
nikkilittle chapter 3 . 12/7/2013
Kind of disappointed not to see the "Vortex of Cohesive Consciousness." Maybe in the next chapter. Gwyllm's impatience seems kind of absurd for such an advanced being.
nikkilittle chapter 2 . 12/6/2013
A "bridge" chapter. The type that most fanfiction writers want to get over with as soon as possible. Well done considering its only purpose is to tie together the opening scene with the rest of the story.
nikkilittle chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
After watching this episode, I thought that it deserved a sequel. If I had not found one here already, I might have written one myself. I also can't help wondering how many teen-aged boys seeing this episode took one look at Cathy (Jill Haworth) and were smitten for life.
James Birdsong chapter 4 . 4/1/2013
Well done. Splendid four chapters
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
I just saw this episode on DVD for the very first time the other night. You captured the mood and feeling of it all perfectly . . . except your writing style was also REALLY funny and deliberately so, unlike the show which was often funniest when not even aware of it. Great job!
Dan Guerra chapter 4 . 12/5/2009
Excellent sequel to one of my favorite Outer Limits episodes. Well done!
ControlVoice chapter 4 . 8/8/2008
I didn't like this story...I LOVED it! Of all those old Outer Limits episodes, THE SIXTH FINGER was always my favorite AND the iconic episode that most people picture when talking about the original series. And you have brought that person back in a believable manner with believable motivations PLUS you through in the very real mad scientist type John Hutchinson and his controversial machines! And I also liked the way you altered the Control Voice lead in and out statements to bookend this written episode. Thanks so much for this one!