Reviews for Origin Story
Antoine chapter 4 . 12/4/2008
Your story is long and beautifully written. You have an excellent vocabulary, and a strong grasp of English sentence structure, as well as an artful style.

The only criticism I humbly offer is that I sometimes find it difficult to follow exactly what is happening in a certain scene or who is speaking to whom. You might say that I get lost in the pronouns. Part of this may be my own weakness as a reader, however.

Still, your work is far above par. I particularly appreciate fanfiction relating to the first "Final Fantasy" game. It is such a classic, and allows for so much skillful input from writers such as yourself. Keep up the good work.
JetNoir chapter 4 . 5/28/2006
Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! and Thankyou!

Wonderful update, I adore this story.

And as I've finally finished the game, to read this is a wonderful expansion.

Beautifully written, as always, with real emotion and depth.

So Thankyou!
LadyKayoss chapter 3 . 12/12/2005
I finally found the free time to read this! After hearing so much about Tarn, Arah, and the others, it's interesting to see them in action. I'm rather stunned that they let Tarn live so long, really... Anyway, this is really interesting and very well thought out, and gives FFI the depth of story it needs without violating the game itself. I hope you some day continue on with this!
JetNoir chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Absolutly wonderful; this is one of the best FanFics I've ever read, and I've never read much of FF1 (I'm that huge a fan of the game - as opposed to FF2 which (in my opinion) is amazing. I cannot wait for the next chapter. Keep it up!

P.S. Thanks ever so much for putting me on your Faveriot Author's list, as I've only been online a short time!
RandomIdiot chapter 1 . 8/14/2002
Ey! Cool story. Nice work so far... You're going to continue this, right? (That's where you say "Yes") Oh, great, then!
Barbe chapter 5 . 4/18/2002
Twas a good story! I'll look at FF1 differently now. BTW, I never used the thief. I always had: Fighter, Red Mage, Black Mage, and White Mage.
Magus523 chapter 5 . 4/16/2002
Yay! New chapter! Hm... interesting take on the Wizards, but good. Next up, Astos gets his butt whupped!
Xifos chapter 4 . 1/26/2002
About time! :) Although I know I'm not one who should complain about time...

Keep it going!
Magus523 chapter 4 . 1/25/2002
Nice new chapter. I like Tarn too. Hope to see more soon!
Magus523 chapter 3 . 1/2/2002
Heh. Very nice. I'd like to see more of this.
Xifos chapter 2 . 11/23/2001
Wow, I didn't know chapter 2 was up. Just as good as the last chapter!

I've been planning my fanfic for a long time. I think FF1's not having a plot is actually a good thing...a very good thing. It lets you fill in the blanks, and then YOU give FF1 its plot.

If you're a good writer, you can share it with others as well.

On the topic of good, long FF1 fanfics, there's a good one out there that isn't (but should be) on this site. It's called The First Fantasy, by Brain Petro-Roy. You can read it at ff1. Enjoy!
Erse chapter 2 . 11/14/2001
Ah-another great chapter! yay! ahem... anyway, don't worry about plot-holes. In the beginning of stories, there are bound to be many of them. It's mostly what keeps the readers attentive so that they will return to find out what happens. Arg, I'm babbling again ~~ ::doc::
Xifos chapter 1 . 11/11/2001
Long stories are the best. With them, you can practically do whatever you want, whereas short stories have about a million limitations.

Your story has a great start. Keep it up, and feel free to make it long.
Erse chapter 1 . 11/10/2001
dang, that was long! But great. I can't even write a book as long as this chapter! hehe. But I couldn't stop reading it. Very good. Gotta luv elves ~ ::doc::