Reviews for As the Clock Winds Down
spnMom chapter 3 . 8/13/2008
I really liked your story. It is about time that Dean realized how much he means to his brother... heck how much he means to Bobby and all the people he still has to save. These boys can't just throw their lives away. They are too valuable to the people in need. Loved this...
sentarla chapter 3 . 8/10/2008
great story, really liked it, thanks!
Onthnis chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
I remember reading this story on SFTCOL(AR)S. It was fantastic there and simply amazing here. Re-styled and new. I love the thought you put into it and details of why Sam didn't want to be left alone. It brought everything more into focus. Season 3 was a bit of a disappointment to me. Not because Dean made the deal...and he would go to Hell..But because they focused so much on that part it, it felt like they forgot to tell the story and put color into it. That doesn't make sense as I read it...but I, at least, know what I mean. Even if I can't express it. In any case...Great job!
AnickaMarie chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
Fabulous! I love how you gave Dean some understanding of how Sam is feeling with the deal. As always, great job.

Hope you have fun in Shenandoah and keep an eye out for Sam & Dean. After Hozho I totally believe they could show up there too! :D
vonnie836 chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
Great story, loved it from beginning to end. It seemed to real, that Sam crashed, right after Dean kinda told him off about trying to get out of the deal. Loved your firemen, they were really awesome. I can tell, you know their business in and out. The compromise in the end, this was just to funny, basically "don't ask don't tell". Hope you have a great time and bring back many ideas for new stories. Wouldn't mind seeing the boys back where you put them before. Hugs, Vonnie
TraSan chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
Wonderful wrap!

The mud actually helped keep Sam alive. I like it!

And the story rings true for me, for where the guys were mentally at the beginning of Season 3.

Well done!

Have fun on your trip.
Harrigan chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
I love revisiting this! Setting it in early season 3 worked beautifully. What better way to show Dean beginning to understand Sam's helpless frustration!

Hope your vacation is just what you need to replenish your creative energies for new fic!
Liz Bach chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
Oh, ouch. That last line is especially heartbreaking now that we know there really was no hope for poor Dean at all. Really enjoyed the story. I laughed out loud at the Dean Norris reference. He went to my high school! A long time before I did, but still... ;o)

-Liz
apieceofcake chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
Enjoyed it, thank you :-)

Hope you have a good break!
Thorny Hedge chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
Like all your work, it was wonderful. This one was especially heartbreaking, with all the references to Dean's deal, the lines around Sam's mouth, etc. Loved it!
kokoda2007 chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
Loved this the first time I read it - and now its even better. Great job!
Left Hook chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
After all the season 1 stories you write it's interesting to see your take on season 3. A nice little story (and kudos on the insight on how things played out in season 3) so have fun on your trip and thanks for writing!
Trish62 chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
I enjoyed this story. I like a good limpSam story, one that seems realistic. I really liked that Dean has to call the rescuers in, that he isn't by Sam's side continually as they rescue him, that the hospital kicks him out, that he goes to a diner. I get tired of stories where they plant him next to Sam, demanding that he won't leave and that rescuers/staff cave even if he's in the way.

I also liked that the boys start off helping rescue others in a more normal situation and that a few OC's are in the story. All in all a nice well rounded story. Well done!
shelby02 chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
I loved it! Thanks for getting the final chapter up before you left. I couldn't wait to read it. Don't stress about responding to the reviews, just have a great trip.
Scullspeare chapter 2 . 7/31/2008
I know a writer is doing a great job with description when the story becomes more like a 'movie in my mind.' In this one I could see the flashing emergency lights, hear the hollow steps on the plywood and the squelch of the mud - and see Sam's rescue play out through Dean's eyes. Really great job.

More please. Yes, we SN fans are insatiable, which I think is just a posh way of saying greedy. Still want more though. :)
58 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »