Reviews for Desperado
This is one of the most captivating HP fanfics I have read, and believe me, I have read a lot. I am writing one myself and although my female character is somewhat more ethereal and tender she has the same kind of nerve and faith that yours has. And you have captivated Severus' character so vividly and faithfully! His fears, his remorse, his temper and his wit. Brilliantly described, all the tension and the twists, though the dream-second-death plot should have been a bit more thoroughly justified, to avoid being repetitive. However, it is a beautifully written piece, especially during their more intimate scenes. I was deeply allured by it and many times even visualized it, felt it as an image and a sensation, which is after all one of the most revered and sought for qualities of fine litterature. Well done and bless you.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 8/1
Well, that was awkward, but as long as he asked nicely and she said yes, it all worked out anyway, didn't it?
Luu Pii chapter 5 . 5/11
oh my! you are a genius, this is so sexy, I adore your story!
Luu Pii chapter 3 . 5/10
Excelent! In my mind Snape never died, he just go away and eventually found a good woman, but I didn't know what kind of girl should be his soulmate, until now Abigail is the one! she is perfect for my beloved Severus, cant wait to finish your story... Regards from Mexico :)
BlueWater5 chapter 16 . 3/29/2014
Nice story.
prettypants chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing it!
Cough chapter 16 . 6/14/2013
Wonderfully written story, and believe me when I say-or write- this.
Keep up the good work!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Good start-I'm glad I found this story. Of course it had to be Neville who saved Snape-the Trio was too busy.

And Ms. Carter is exceptionally nasty without even the excuses that Snape has; yes, I feel badly about her aunt, too, but hasn't Snape spent most of his life being attacked by both sides already? And Snape should know her, if she's younger than he is-don't all British students end up in Hogwarts eventually?
etherian chapter 15 . 1/27/2010
This was very clever and a very enjoyable story. Thank you for writing it.
LogicOfFire chapter 14 . 8/26/2009
This is honestly the very first Severus Snape fic I have EVER read. I never knew what to think of him in canon, and even less so in fanfiction, until the revelations in Deathly Hallows. And I never thought it would come about that I would actually LIKE him, but somewhere along the way, it snuck up on me.

Frankly, the portrait you painted of him was brilliant, as was that of your original character. I loved their interactions, and the way she somehow wormed her way into his heart. It was that perfect imperfection that we all as fanfiction writers strive for (as opposed to creating a Mary-Sue with a story that's all rainbows and butterflies!). Congratulations and applause to you, my dear, for this brilliant story!
debjunk chapter 15 . 12/24/2008
Nice ending. They're happy, but normal, having the usual spats about whatever. It's nice to see Severus having hope again. It's definitely what the man needs.
debjunk chapter 14 . 12/24/2008
Oh, that was wonderful. His shyness, yet quite forward questions, and her quick answers for the most part were great.
debjunk chapter 13 . 12/24/2008
Oh, thank heaven you saved him again. I still don't get why they were hallucinating before.
debjunk chapter 12 . 11/10/2008
Huh? Why are they back there? And why is she so upset? If he survived the first time, wouldn't he this second time around? Actually, I do understand why she's upset and this was a tear jerker of a chapter, but... won't he be ok?
debjunk chapter 11 . 10/24/2008
What a horrid dream. His fear was quite palpable, and when he asked if reality was a dream, it was evident how frightened he was. Thank heavens she was there to knock some sense into him.

“Why me? What is so special about me?”

That about sums it up for him, doesn't it?